ATI- MOBILITY Radeons? Will the patch help?

I feel I speak for some of the laptop community...

I'm running on a ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9700(64M) which has the "black screen bug" where I cant see anything. (Mine occurs in the Laser Cannon turret mini-game)

Now, most of the technical support folks in Lucas Arts have suggested updating to the latest Catalyst Drivers which I believe supports only desktop RADEONs since the new Catalyst Driver wouldn't install on mine saying it doesn't find any component to update. (So either I have it already, which I know I don't, or the Catalyst isnt for laptops. Either way, it doesn't help)

So now I'm left with this new patch. Will the new patch cover ATI MOBILITY RADEONs as well?

I will not be downloading the Omega Drivers or anything else than official ATI products not because I don't trust the private systems will work, but incase I need future help on other programs I may buy and I wont have the slow but more assuring official word or incase the private companies go out of business. (Like Omega Driver's founder who seems to be having a little trouble according to a post he made)

Regardless, Obsidian should have taken into account the Mobility community. Laptops are more popular than ever, so more and more people are using them for games and movies like they used to on their desktops. Laptop video cards always lag behind those on desktops and they cannot be changed. So unless you can afford the $3500 ALienware, you will likely have a crappy video card, and even that one will be crap in a year or two. No i have played this game on my laptop using a saved game that started me on dxun. The mandalore camp on dxun crashed it again, just like the scene on the ebon hawk at the beginning did. I assume it is the t&l that uses opengl 1.4 or higher. Was this really essential to make the game look good? couldnt obsidian designed aroudn this or at least made a way for people with lesser video cards to get around it? probably so, but hey, as long as you dont announce it on the box that these cards wont work, then the game will get bought anyway. Yeah, they arent SUPPORTED, but most games havent supported my card in a long time, yet they still worked. If you are going to make games for the pc, then make it so that it works on as many systems as possible.

laptop users should take into account the minimum spec requirements...besides they didn't even have enough time to finish the game they already had where are they going to get more time to support laptop vid cards...come on.

Don't use the Mod program, get the Omega Drivers. They allow you to still have Mobility laptop Vid Card options rather than just the Desktop options (power saving, and other things).

Plus they do work better, go for them rather than just hacking a plain Desktop driver set yourself.

Peter