Some thoughts on "missing" content

I'd just like to give my thought on the "missing content" issue, seeing as Obsidian and Lucasarts have claimed that there was no more cut content than normal.

I must say my initial impressions of KOTOR2 were very favourable - the first NPCs you meet come across as very detailed with a lot to say and the promise of more to come, but by half way through the game it seemed that most of them had "run out of steam". Only Kreia seemed to have anything new to add. NPCs like Bao Dur and Visas Marr didn't seem to evolve for the entire game, and I was particularly disappointed that Go-to, one of the more intriguing characters, also suffered from this problem.

Compare this to the original, where almost every available party NPC in the game had an interesting backstory you were prompted to fully explore over the course of the game (even if I didn't like the constant "It looks like Carth has something to say" heavyhandedness of it all) - it is no surprise the NPCs here seem a little bit shallow and underdeveloped in the sequel.

Also there were whole plots I would like to see resolved - for example, the HK50 droids that pursued me relentlessly but then seemed to lose interest around the half-way point. The introduction of the two Sith Lords was effective, but then they blink out of sight only to emerge towards the game's conclusion to fill the obligitory "end-boss" slots. Also the whole thing with Go-to and Bao Dur's droid at the end should have been cut as it makes little sense as is.

So, in conclusion, I would say that despite the best PR efforts of the parties' involved in developing in this game, it's glaringly obvious that with a little more time and work it could have been so much more than it is. In fact - it's pretty clear the developers wanted it to be more than it is, but were forced to make unsatisfactory compromises to reach a designated deadline.

Please don't make the same mistake next time.

My complaints. Ending.

It was bad, but it's been beaten to death so I won't go on.

Characters:

as you stated above, they just don't amount to anything and I expect that a few of them if not most of them won't be in Kotor 3. After playing and going through their "stories" at the end I asked myself what the whole point of having their stories was? If it was just to be able to convert them to jedi....well that's kinda weak.

Influence:

While a big fan favorite it is a total piece of marketing crap. It's only skin deep, yeah I can influence my group to my side and become Jedi, I can even take them so far down as to master the dark side, skin cracked, pale, scary.

BUT they still go on whining about how it's wrong to kill and we should be kind to the galaxy, and lets go save the whales.

I like the influence idea, but give it to me when your ready to do it justice.

Bugs:

are more then just annoying, I spoken and agreed with friends that have played this game in that in feels little more then a superimposed well done Dev Mod pack, typical bugs included (Nice Job adding those ROBES)

Graphics:

Read just above, again borrowed system little work into it, and maybe even a few steps backward (e.g. Bugs)

Things I really liked.

Still feels like more star wars then other star wars games out there.

The deeper look at the differences between dark and light and how they balance each other. Even making you question the validity of the light side in an intelligent manor with logical arguments.

The story was much more to my liking (with the exception of the end) and really had me hooked.

The additional animation to special moves and combat moves in general. Though personally I'd like them to eventually remove those "lighting" effects they do when performing a special.

OH, killing Vrook was long overdue.

Bad:

now that Im in my 70th hour, why couldnt they create some new planets instead of just taking the old KOTOR ones and adding new guys?

Good:

cmon, u start out as a guardian/sentinel/consular and not soldier/scout,etc. New classes are good, as is turning other folks to the jedi side.

Bad:

No conclusion to HK-50 quest, esp as HK-47 tells you he may be able to tell you where they are being built, but only when the thing is activated!

2 parts of the map that are there but not able to get to:

i) On Nar Shadaa by the docks there are two doors that you cannot open but there are corridors behind when you look on the map.

ii) On Telos military base there is a lift to the lower levels but the door is locked (on the map it shows it as blue which means a loading place).

(oh I could be an idiot and you can get to these, if so please tell me!)

Bao-Dur, G0-T0, Visas back story is poor or non-existent. I find no point talking to them (except to get it on with Visas while Handmaiden is waiting for me in the ship!)

What is it with the remote setting off an explosion on Malachor V! That came from no where and I certainly don't remember asking Bao-Dur to do it for me!

Bugs / Glitches, I know some of them are helpful but others are plain annoying. I can talk to people about things I haven't done yet or things that I know nothing about because I killed the bloke instead of helping him! Think its Lootra on Nar Shadaa who is looking for his wife, I killed him without asking his story yet I still ask the Exchange guards why they won't let him through, hello, it's because I killed him! And that's just 1 example.

Visas's master, what happens with him, see him in a cut-scene with Visas, next time we see him, you're killing him.

Re-hashing the old planets for weak levels this time round (whats the point of Korriban, and where'd the hell that tomb come from in the cave?!)

When we going to see a jedi Wookie! (ok, thats not really a bad thing about the game, just something I want to see!)

Good:

Influence good idea and I like the idea of turning your characters into jedi. (I love the fact when you influence them to be bad there faces go messed up as well!)

Love the idea of who the final boss is.

Like the way you can become Jedi Master / Sith Lord and stuff when you level up enough and become more powerful with the force.

Lightsaber technique's I think are a good idea as they give the Jedi more of an edge when fighting different non-jedi enemies.

Characters of Handmaiden, Kreia. Love there back-stories.

People reacting when your face is messed up as you're dark side.

Having more characters as well as different one's depending on your sex and side of the force.

BAD:

-The Ending (or rather lackthereof). Need i say more?

-The general bugs mentioned to many times in these forums to recount.

-Force crush was way to powerful. On normal difficulty, I went thru the rest of the game from the point you get force crush thru the end WITHOUT even having ANY weapon eqquiped. This includes fighting Sion and Kreia. I was a sentinel/Sith lord. I suppose it did put some meaning in the power of the DS and being a sith lord...but comon way to easy.

GOOD:

-The Plot with the excpetion of the end

-The added functionality of the HUD and interface. This includes the weapons switching option in particular. Very handy. Also the datapads being displayed when you get them as opposed to having to sort thru your inventory to find the right one and read it. ETC ETC