this is very interesting

um actually [and by that i mean scientifically]... its just not tfeasible.

First of all, if you go the plasma route, you are just containing the plasma in a magnetic field which basically means u have to strengthen the magnetic field to the strength of a dense solid [ie steel or better]. You're better off just making a sword out of steel [cost: 40.00 less machine stamp] instead of making a hand sized nuclear cell and magnetic field generator.

Say you want to make one actually out of a laser, or light. Well you still need a magnetic field to contain all the light protons. Even if you didnt, you have to control the atoms to create a steel strength material. Again, for 40.00 you could just stamp out a steel blade instead of making a portable magfield reactor-emitter-controller. And if by some crazy miracle you were able to make the magnetic field/atom controller, why would you just make a sword. Why not make a beam weapon and make someone's brain implode from far away?

I think realistically, it would be more feasible to just make a flourescent of phosphourescent steel sword, that "glows" when attached to an electric charge. And then you still need to get close enough to use it.

If someone would be able to bend light back and to create a lightsaber, then you still have the problem to find a Jedi to use it. :p

"Jedi poodoo!" - some displeased Dug

S.L.J. said he has already filmed his death scene and was visibly happy that he

someone once told me of a cult called jedi but has nothing to do with star wars.

andi never doubted for a second lightsabers could be created but you need a huge but portable power source. so contradicting myself they are impossible to create like in the movies.

dont forget that its a new millenium, scientists and ppl everywhere are making huge advancements in technology, and nano technology is coming up, and a lightsaber COULD MAYBE, MAYBE be feasible using nano technology. But hey, what do i kno, if laser swords are made, theyll only have a few uses, ex spies,agents or NOC's can use em. But if u make a light saber, guns will come next and then itll just suck for everyone.