Hellgate London by Flagship Studios

karka

The original hellgate in London can be found here.

The robot-warrior-dude covered in crosses looks like something out of Warhammer 40K to me. I'm predicting demonic sci-fantasy with a gothic setting. In London. Wow, what a savant I am.

Blizzard might not make CRPGs but they make stable, fun, well-supported games. Which is good enough for me.

Cheers

MC

sonsofgygax.JPG

Looks...different. And sounds vaguely like McFarlane's Spawn, which is not a good sign. On the other hand, it's done by old B-employees so I except quality.

Thanks for the info.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Looks...different. And sounds vaguely like McFarlane's Spawn, which is not a good sign. On the other hand, it's done by old B-employees so I except quality.

Thanks for the info.

Whee, a first person RPG <3

They say its basically Diablo in 3d and first person, with a new setting. The shooting is apparently stat based, not reflex based, and is used to cast spell like abilities.

If they put in some good exploring and/or a strong story, I'll probably get it.

Sadly, they said its fairly linear and it uses crappy randomly-generated levels >_<

Sadly, they said its fairly linear and it uses crappy randomly-generated levels :p

Hmm, I thought the picture looked pretty cool and it piqued my interest, and then I saw your statement and I know I won

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

Where'd you get the idea that it was first person?

Exitium

RPG Codex - the premier avant garde gaming news site.

"It is more convenient to follow one's conscience than one's intelligence, for at every failure, conscience finds an excuse and an encouragement in itself. That is why there are so many conscientious and so few intelligent people." - Nietzsche

First Person skill based = tdown.gif

Like Diablo 2 = tdown.gif

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Thanks, it sounds great. I'm looking forward to it, especially the 3rd person combat. I was afraid it would be a first person shooter or worse, a Morrowind combat clone.

Exitium

RPG Codex - the premier avant garde gaming news site.

"It is more convenient to follow one's conscience than one's intelligence, for at every failure, conscience finds an excuse and an encouragement in itself. That is why there are so many conscientious and so few intelligent people." - Nietzsche

Thanks, it sounds great. I'm looking forward to it, especially the 3rd person combat. I was afraid it would be a first person shooter or worse, a Morrowind combat clone.

There is no third person combat according to the PCGamer article. An the combat will pretty much be like morrowinds - you point your gun at the baddie, click, and then the stats decide if you actually hit and the damage you did.

No easy solution to moving to 3D First-person while retaining ToHit rolls. If I click on a monster in DII and my character misses the perspective and scale of the combat help me rationalize missing.

'Missing' in a FPS is the player failing to aim correctly - no 'Firearms Skill' involved. If I shoot someone in the chest but miss due to failing an attack roll...I get pissed off and feel cheated by the game.

Be great if they pull it off, though. Diablo II gameplay and Doom III visuals sure sound sexy.

First off, let me introduce myself. I am the administrator over at The Flagship Follower, a Flagship Studios fansite. I have been watching Flagship's happenings for the last year, but for the most part, I know what you know. Nothing exceedingly exclusive has been given to fansites so far.

No easy solution to moving to 3D First-person while retaining ToHit rolls. If I click on a monster in DII and my character misses the perspective and scale of the combat help me rationalize missing.

'Missing' in a FPS is the player failing to aim correctly - no 'Firearms Skill' involved. If I shoot someone in the chest but miss due to failing an attack roll...I get pissed off and feel cheated by the game.

Be great if they pull it off, though. Diablo II gameplay and Doom III visuals sure sound sexy.

I'm thinking of something like Deus Ex here. I'm not sure if you've ever played it, but accuracy is based on skills in each weapon. I do agree though, that if I'm shooting at something, and I aim dead on, I don't want to be screwed over by a random dice roll.

There is no third person combat according to the PCGamer article. An the combat will pretty much be like morrowinds - you point your gun at the baddie, click, and then the stats decide if you actually hit and the damage you did.

I do recall the article saying that they plan on adding a 3rd person perspective for melee combat. They have not yet decided if they want to allow the player to switch in and out of 1st and 3rd person views at will. There will also be a way to look at your character with all his sweet gear on.

check this site out:

http://fs.kokeeno.com/gameinfo.php

I also saw some scans of pc gamer. It is definitely first person(not pc gamer... tongue.gif ). Unfortunately, i can't give you an adress for that scans, because of copyright issues.

Yeah, I was contacted by some higher-ups about copyright issues. I really wish it was easier to give the info to everyone that doesn't have PC Gamer. I did however translate all the goodies from the article onto my fansite, the address of which is posted by karka.

Sorry if I missed anyone's posts, hope to provide you more information in the coming weeks. Bill Roper said that PC Gamer is only the beginning of the information boom.

Blizzard might not make CRPGs but they make stable, fun, well-supported games. Which is good enough for me.

They have yet made a game I consider fun.

Well your opinion is in the very small minority, therefore your opinion is irrelevant.

Wanted to say that for a long time.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Blizzard doesn't make CRPGs.

And this has to do with the topic, how? This is not a Blizzard game. In fact, I don't even consider Diablo to be a Blizzard game. It was a Condor game.

Cause it's easier to whine, bitch and moan about it not being a "proper" RPG when it's also labeled as a Blizzard game?

I wonder what this will become. Right now I'm not very interested (because of the Diablo references) but who knows.. It might still be something good. I like first person, but I hate Diablo-style gameplay. Also, if it's true about the randomly generated levels, than that sucks. That's one of the worst features of the original Diablo. A computer never seems to know when a level needs something extra (like a boss/npc/chest/secret).

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

They have yet made a game I consider fun.

well, you have yet to make a post that I consider fun, so apparently you have something in common with the Blizzard ex-team. :blink:

I'm with Monte Carlo on this one. With such a dearth of gaming goodness for pc, it certainly sounds like a game worth following.