Thank you Obsidian

wow i didnt know that hutt space had nar shaddaa in it

You are not a l33t ub0r-n3rd, u R fux043d U f00l ;)

what is up with all of this stupid **** that I keep seeing. What's the deal with using letters AND numbers to form words. Not to be an assh*le (not!!!), but can someone translate? I'd really like to learn how to read and type like that.

And would one of you Obsidian crew members get out of the lazyboy and tell us when the f*ck we should expect to see a patch, if ever?!!

Okay, I feel better now....

I have answers to both questions...

#1:

I was intentionally trying to piss everyone off by using "leet speak", sorry if that irks you, but it *WAS* intentional, after all :D

#2:

To quote my own Mod's release date, and EVERY release date since the dawn of PC gaming: "WHEN IT'S DONE!!" :D

As for something entirely un-related, I just noticed that exchange between the Merc and HK in your sig...I just remembered something: The voice for Neelix from Forager was also the voice of that Merc as well...Made me PARTICULARLLY hot to slaughter him every single time :D

I love that map....all that space between NarShadda and Dantoon. makes me wonder exactly how fast the EbonHawk can go, since it only took about 5 seconds to get there. ;)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I am assuming we do not need a timeout, but please let's not flame/bait/circumvent the language filter ... consider this a 'request' to play nice in the box ...

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

About Nar Shadaa.... eh, Atton says when you go there that Nar Shadaa orbits Nal Hutta (the second homeworld of the Hutts, who according to their legends came from another world). Interesting fact, which reveals that Nar Shadaa isn't even a planet but rather a moon. By the time of the movies it is known as the Smuggler's Moon.

Also, the map doesn't give completely accurate information because that I recently read that around the time of KOTOR most of the galaxy known to the Republic was only in the "slice" (I believe between the Perlemian Trade Route and Corellian Run). So keep in mind that the Unknown Regions are much larger during this time period and even include some Core Worlds.

#1:

I was intentionally trying to piss everyone off by using "leet speak", sorry if that irks you, but it *WAS* intentional, after all :D

#2:

To quote my own Mod's release date, and EVERY release date since the dawn of PC gaming: "WHEN IT'S DONE!!" :D

Well, it wasn't anything personal. It was just an itch I had to scratch. The internet net is my only opportunity to be an ass, from time to time. So, what is "leet speak" and how to I deciper it, if necessary?

And, well, I guess it's better to wait on the patch until it's done properly. E.I. NO NEED TO RUSH IT. JUST GET IT DONE RIGHT. NO POINT IN TRYING TO SATISFY. ANY KIND OF DEADLINE. But maybe if "other things" were not rushed, we would not be pleading for the patch to be rushed.

I have an x-box duh, I can't mod, and anyway, we're not suppose to need mods in order to have challenges

Then stop playing a kids's gaming system and buy a man's PC, stop being a mere child...Learn to do more than simply play a game...Learn to make them, like the greatest of us do...

Since you are so great, please just realize that not all people feel like spending their time modding so much because they want to get to the good stuff....which is actually PLAYING a game... :)

Here is my idea of Kotor II and III. First, Kotor II needs to be repaired, and with repaired I mean the removal of so many glitches bugs etc. etc. etc. till the game is bugfixed on the level that Kotor I is!

An serious Improvement disk would be a fine idea to me as well. With improvements I mean that the storyline must be fixed. There are just to many things unexplained in here.

As for Kotor III. I think it should be written that we play as the Exile one's more, this because the DS / LS story is not exactly so different. I mean, you could gain DS Mastery with the Exile while helping the Ithorians, Refugees, Queen Talia and the Khoonda Militia. On the other hand I am sure that you can gain LS Mastery while helping Czerka, the Exchange, the Mercenaries and General Vaklu.

B.T.W., what do you think happens to the Exile when Kreia died in the end. With such a far going Force bond it must mean that the Exile atleast loose a lot of Connection to the force or at least something like that.

Start of the Kotor III game: You pick your own character. Then choose Revans gender, class, face, alignment etc.

I see the ending of Kotor III as the Exile will die to fulfill the role as the chosen one of this period. I mean, as long as the exile lives and kills his/her strenght will grow but will also spawn new Sith, more powerful than the one's they have seen before.

Ending: Revan will return to Carth / Bastila and their friends.

Master Vandar lives!

I miss the bg1 and bg2 style where the game is twice as long but there is an xp cap and getting xp is harder. In bg1 you could only reach lvl 7-9 depending on your character class and in bg2 you could only gain about 10 or so levels depending on your character class.

xp caps+small amount of xp/requiring large amounts of xp to level up adds realism and flavour to RPGs IMO.

Acctually, the Force Bond with Kreia is another unexplained thing. Force Bonds can weaken, and dissapear if the Master or Student fall to the Dark Side. Master Vash would explain this to you, but they decided to kill her in the final game :wub:

#1:

#2:

Well, it wasn't anything personal. It was just an itch I had to scratch. The internet net is my only opportunity to be an ass, from time to time. So, what is "leet speak" and how to I deciper it, if necessary?

It's fairly simple once you get the hang of it. Basically, all versions of leet fall into two basic dialects: simple and complex.

Simple leet is the easiest to read. It involves replacing certain characters with other characters which are similar. A to 4 or @, B to 8, C to (, E to 3, and so on. All you have to do is work out which symbols go to which letters.

Complex leet is a bit harder, as now several symbols can be used together to make single characters. For instance |3 is B, and |2 is R. The biggest problem here is that sometimes you can read it multiple ways, for instance |33+ can be B-E-T or L-E-E-T, at which point context becomes important.

Also, there are several special spelling rules in leet. The most obvious is that certain words can be represented as single letters. Thus, "you" becomes "u" or "|_|" and "are" becomes "r" or "|2"

Another important rule is that of deliberate mispellings. There are some spelling mistakes that are so common in typed English, they are the correct spellings in leet. For instance, the spelling of the word "the" as "teh" is correct in leet. Thus, any time the word the is used, it will inevitaby be spelled "teh", "t3h", "73|-|", "+3|-|", etc.

The next most important is that of the suffix "xor". As a basic guideline, any word that ends in "ck" should be spelled with "xor" instead. Also, adjectives ending in "ck" now become nouns, as such, "you rock" becomes "u r t3h roxor". Also bear in mind that two x's are a common variant spelling.

Also, the borrowed word "uber" is very common in leet, and is the correct word to use in place of "super" and similar adjectives.

Finally, it is worth mentioning (in case you did not know) that "leet" is the leet word for elite.

To look at the original phrase then:

"You are not a l33t ub0r-n3rd, u R fux043d U f00l"

We get "You are not an elite super-nerd, you are ****ed, you fool"

This concludes our lecture.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

A very enjoyable game K2 is. Too bad some thing were cut out but that's how it goes.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester