Thank you Obsidian

First i would like to thanks Obisdian for a great game. I have only finished the games as a LS Male, but the game was just as good as KOTOR 1, maybe better.

First the story: I think the Obisidan did great, because they didn

Thread Pruned: For the sake of trying to encourage interaction that is about the topic and not the member, I will leave this thread open. If you have nothing to add in regard to what XoRRoX has shared with the community, please do not post. If you choose to post outside of the expectations that these fora expect, well I guess I'll have to get all Big Green ...

FLoSD.OBE

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

Thread Pruned: For the sake of trying to encourage interaction that is about the topic and not the member, I will leave this thread open. If you have nothing to add in regard to what XoRRoX has shared with the community, please do not post. If you choose to post outside of the expectations that these fora expect, well I guess I'll have to get all Big Green ...

FLoSD.OBE

How dare you?

Fine, you want me to suck it up for you? How's about this?

Yeah, K2 is great, with my system and configuration, I can run K2 with all the special little graphics and sound features through driver modification, with my ATI board, and while I do have some....Minor...Problems with the storyline, it was still well-written, staying within the confines of the EU (which I cannot say about George's own works since '99)...

The game is well-designed, and although the cut-out game material was very hastily cut (there should have been walls where the levels led to non-existant sublevels, and there should have been a cut-off to the story where it led to non-existant dialogues, instead of mis-leading the player at the end of the game), I still throughly enjoy K2.

K2 does far better than K1 because you boys at Obsidian made a lot of upgrades to the old game engine, and the modding abilities have drastically improved with K2 over K1.

All in all, asides from all the hastilly-cut material and the rather annoying ATI problems (which I fixed with a ton of personal driver hacking), this game does better than K1 does, in my book...

Oh, and here is an offer I can fufill RIGHT NOW for Radeon 9800 Pro/XT owners: I have made my own personal drivers for the 9800 Pro and XT, and I've fully tested them with K1, K2, Republic Commando, Battlefront, XWA, and several other games such as Doom 3 and Far Cry and UT2004...I can upload these drivers somewhere, or send 'em to ya through email...These drivers won't work for x800 owners, however...The OpenGL I used is incompatible with the newer video boards.

I can also give you my settings I use with RadLinker to make K2 look and run like a dream :o

I know, it's a small offer, but I'm tired of seeing the pissing and moaning over ATI driver conflicts and features are missing while playing K2...If it's not crashes and other things, it's people pissing about there being no Glows...I am simply offering this driver of mine to people who own the 9800 series and below...Anything newer than the 9800, and you can forget being able to use my driver, that's all there is to that.

seanwise@charter.net if you want the driver, or I'll post it if you guys ask...

So, yes, even though I personally dislike Lucasarts because they have not been co-operative as of late, I love Obsidian and K2, and I can accept the fact that there is cut material that pokes out in places throughout the game, because K2 is so fun! :(

So, great job on a great title, Obs...I just wish LA would let you make a content patch to fix the remaining problems...

The final match should between Revan and Exile. I think that will be one of the greatest fights in the galaxy. The match could have different means.

I don't agree. Why would a player want to kill his/her characters?

Sorry for my bad english, but i'm only 13 years old and i'm from Denmark

I'm from Hungary and I am 14 years old but I think I can't speak English better.

The final match should between Revan and Exile. I think that will be one of the greatest fights in the galaxy. The match could have different means.

I don't agree. Why would a player want to kill his/her characters?

Sorry for my bad english, but i'm only 13 years old and i'm from Denmark

I'm from Hungary and I am 14 years old but I think I can't speak English better.

Hm...I agree that we need to have a conclusion to the whole Revan/Exile situation...I don't think we need to create ANOTHER Jedi to do this, either...Let's use what we already have, I say...

Hm...I agree that we need to have a conclusion to the whole Revan/Exile situation...I don't think we need to create ANOTHER Jedi to do this, either...Let's use what we already have, I say...

No. It is not exciting to start a game with a level 20-50 character. And I think the players don't want to kill their characters. Because both Revan and the Exile are player characters and players don't like when their characters kill each other. I think they should unite against the Sith Empire.

No. It is not exciting to start a game with a level 20-50 character. And I think the players don't want to kill their characters. Because both Revan and the Exile are player characters and players don't like when their characters kill each other. I think they should unite against the Sith Empire.

You misunderstand me, boyo...What I meant is that we should be able to pick either Revan or the Exile, and we get to start at level 1 and as we progress through the game, it leads to the ultimate confrontation between high-Level Revan and Exile...Do not think I want to play with high-level chars at the start of my game, no no no...Revan would be returning from his exile in the Unknown Regions, and Exile would be a self-titled Force Master, and he would just start learning about his deeper connection to the Force, and there should be about 20 new Force powers for K3 to make this realisitic...

Perhaps the next sequel could be like Legacy of Kain - Defiance? You would play as Raziel and Kain at alternating points during the story.

Yeah, go right on ahead...But since I have no clue what game you are speaking of, I'll stop from saying more :wub:

I want to fight with Revan, or against the Exile, and I want to BE SOMEONE, not just another anon Force Sensitive...

They should both sacrifice themself. And not it's not our caracters, it's 2 starwars caracter. It's so pathetic how people get attached to "their" Revan or "their" exile. In kotor 3, we should play as a non superstrong jedi or sith. really, the exile was way too strong. In kotor 3, everyfight against a jedi/darkjedi/sith, should be a challenge

They should both sacrifice themself. And not it's not our caracters, it's 2 starwars caracter. It's so pathetic how people get attached to "their" Revan or "their" exile. In kotor 3, we should play as a non superstrong jedi or sith. really, the exile was way too strong. In kotor 3, everyfight against a jedi/darkjedi/sith, should be a challenge

Ah, but I can already make the battles impossible in K2, and be realistic :thumbsup:

It's all a matter of modding know-how...If you know the code, you can make this game play however you want it to...If you want challenge, it can be made to be challenging...Don't write-off KOTOR as easy simply because you have never used a mod before...If you haven't done it, don't try to form an opinion about it ;)

I have an x-box duh, I can't mod, and anyway, we're not suppose to need mods in order to have challenges

Generally true, but Mod's are more than just adding a greater challenge.

Bugs? Klingon Software does not have 'Bugs'. It has FEATURES and they are too sophisticated for a Romulan pig like you to understand!

HK-47: "Recitation: First, weapon selection is critical. If I see one more idiot attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself."

HK-47: "Answer: Select grenades, sonic screamers, cluster rockets and plasma charges. Mines are also effective, since many Jedi will run to meet you in hand to hand combat. Silly Jedi."

Sweet map! Now I've got something to look at when my mind is wandering >_<

Bugs? Klingon Software does not have 'Bugs'. It has FEATURES and they are too sophisticated for a Romulan pig like you to understand!

HK-47: "Recitation: First, weapon selection is critical. If I see one more idiot attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself."

HK-47: "Answer: Select grenades, sonic screamers, cluster rockets and plasma charges. Mines are also effective, since many Jedi will run to meet you in hand to hand combat. Silly Jedi."

I find it so pethetic when pc gamers tells me to buy a pc to plau kotor. HOW DO YOU THINK I'M WRITING HERE DUMBASS..... and anyway, look at all the bugs the pc version have, and I dont plan on paying for video cards always better

Pah, if you want to start the console vs. pc war, go right ahead, I'm game for another fight :wacko:

However, I suggest that we both just drop this topic and move to another one that isn't going to start the Alpha&Omega of all tech wars :thumbsup:

I find it so pethetic when pc gamers tells me to buy a pc to plau kotor. HOW DO YOU THINK I'M WRITING HERE DUMBASS..... and anyway, look at all the bugs the pc version have, and I dont plan on paying for video cards always better

X-Box supposedly has some game stoppers as well, but the difference being the PC version actually has a shot at being fixed (if the patch ever gets released by Lucasarts). :(

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

it wont there screwin with us next things next and the project is canclled due to budget cuts and there goes the kotor family :( livin with the homeless

well there may be some thing to be learned if we use this as our allie damnit im mumbling again nvmd

adios

post-11800-1111715419_thumb.jpg

wow i didnt know that hutt space had nar shaddaa in it

You are not a l33t ub0r-n3rd, u R fux043d U f00l ;)

what is up with all of this stupid **** that I keep seeing. What's the deal with using letters AND numbers to form words. Not to be an assh*le (not!!!), but can someone translate? I'd really like to learn how to read and type like that.

And would one of you Obsidian crew members get out of the lazyboy and tell us when the f*ck we should expect to see a patch, if ever?!!

Okay, I feel better now....

wow i didnt know that hutt space had nar shaddaa in it

You are not a l33t ub0r-n3rd, u R fux043d U f00l ;)

what is up with all of this stupid **** that I keep seeing. What's the deal with using letters AND numbers to form words. Not to be an assh*le (not!!!), but can someone translate? I'd really like to learn how to read and type like that.

And would one of you Obsidian crew members get out of the lazyboy and tell us when the f*ck we should expect to see a patch, if ever?!!

Okay, I feel better now....

I have answers to both questions...

#1:

I was intentionally trying to piss everyone off by using "leet speak", sorry if that irks you, but it *WAS* intentional, after all :D

#2:

To quote my own Mod's release date, and EVERY release date since the dawn of PC gaming: "WHEN IT'S DONE!!" :D