• Both of the above
    • Better game engine
    • Better storyline
    • More known worlds like Coruscant....
    • Ship different than the Ebon Hawk
    • All of the above
    • Nothing changes, I liked the first two the way they were

I voted for all of the above.

I think a new engine is a given, even if the fans didn't want one cos it needs to compete with more modern games and the demands of new computers. I guess you could say KotOR 2 was a "time extender" to upgrade - I could *just* run K1/K2, but even I accept my comps time is up for K3.

The party member options will depend on what sort of perspective you want on Revan. Kinda hard to explain so I'll just leave it like that.

Using the Ebon Hawk will be getting a bit repetitive and unrealistic. If you want a KotOR "trademark" use T3, HK, or Canderous instead, not the Hawk. Maybe shuttle-like ship will be OK;

think Star Trek DS9 Runabout

Atris(yup!)

I'm fan or the concept-art Atris. It'd be nice to see her come out of self-exhile and looking for LS redemption. (I think you can kill her but I didn't :(:( )

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

I miss the epic sense of Baldur's Gate. 8 CD's of roleplaying joy, watching a character go from whipper-snapper to battlehardened hero. The romances were excellent, the henchmen became like siblings to you, the villans were well written - and there were even plot twists and completely unexpected events, like a particular NPC from ToB.

I believe that KOTOR had all it needed to be the first chapter of an epic Balduresque saga. But I refuse to buy KOTOR 2 until this phantom patch comes out and I see the reaction of the customers, see if it is truely worth it.

KOTOR 3? I want most of all for it to be a continuation of a well-told story. Flame me if you must, but I think it would have been cool for the Jedi Council on Dantooine to have changed your name from Revan to "X" Skywalker, and make Revan's new identity the father/moyher of the Skywalker house, with Bastila/Carth at his/her side. And I'd love for the last KOTOR game in the series to conclude the tale of how the mighty Skywalker house was reduced to a lone female slave, Shimi Skywalker.

But since I don't work for Lucas Arts, Obsidian or Bioware, I seriously doubt that will ever be how it unfolds, so have my idea for free to ponder.

All I want is to come home from work and kick back with the wife infront of a great epic novel of an RPG and relax for a few hours, just like when Episode III comes out I want to be as spellbound with it as I was the first time I saw that white space door blow open and the first Stormtrooper jump through the smoke.

Enough rambling. I hope for KOTOR 3 to be an epic, and for KOTOR 2 to be, shall we say, augmented, and for great RPG's to continue to be produced by gamers, not accountants.

Heck, I'll even pay for the privilage. :thumbsup:

:ermm:

So, if you hear a person across a room talking to someone else about something you were discussing a few days ago you automatically run over and tell them to change topics or join your old one?

I saw the topic and I posted a reply. Why would I search the forums for your old 'legitimate' (apparently) topic when there is one right here to post in? If I offended you I'm sorry.

My ideas for KOTOR3...

Most important thing is the STORY. I have been happy with the first two KOTOR games (almost finished with STL), and I hope the story in KOTOR3 will be at least as good as it was for the first two.

A Strong relationship (good or bad) is important. I didn't get the same connections with Kreia/Exile, as I did with Revan/Bastila. Even though the relationships were different in nature, Kreia seemed more like an old hag that was tagging along, occasionally giving you some insight. You were "bonded" to her, but it seemed that was the only reason you kept her around. Bastila on the other hand, had far more character.

I like some of the improvements made to KOTOR2, such as (in no particular order)...

1. Improved customization of weapons/armor

2. Scaleable UI

3. Footlockers that tell you if they are empty

4. Better looking robes

5. Able to switch weapon sets on the fly (I don't use this, but a nice feature)

6. Influence (probably my favorite addition)

7. Prestige classes

8. Ability to use other skills (awareness) in conversations.

9. Lightsaber forms - not unbalancing, but it does make a difference.

There are some things that I think were not so good, such as lack of polish. In KOTOR1, once I had downloaded a new driver for my ATI, the game ran flawlessly. In KOTOR2, I don't crash, but there are always little hiccups in the transitions.

I haven't reached the end of the game just yet, so I can't comment on the ending.

It has been suggested by some (not necessarily in this thread) that you should start out KOTOR3 as the Exile, exactly where you left off (that way you get to own everybody right from the start, think of the fun!). I think this would be a mistake, as leveling up your character and learning more about your character is most of the fun. I would not mind a continuation of KOTOR2, but I think you would have to be a new character. Perhaps After playing a short amount of time (first planet), you could run into either Revan, or The Exile, who see your potential, and train you. For obvious reasons, they would not be able to come with you on your journey (you don't want to be the newb of the group), but you would have to complete some huge mission for him/her, while he/she does his/her thing elsewhere.

Another idea, is you could be somebody who was supposed to become a Padawan, but due to the Jedi Civil War you were unable to train with a Jedi. Therefore, you are FS, but have no training/saber. This allows you to level up like the previous games.

I am usually of the opinion that less is more. While I like in general the new feats/powers that have been added, I don't want the game to get carried away adding more, just for the sake of adding more. Unarmed combat became viable with KOTOR2, and with the exception of the Echani, I don't think it should be that way. Making special character that can fight well unarmed is ok, but for everybody to have the ability seems unrealistic (even for Star Wars).

I really liked the idea of your personal lightsaber crystal, that grows in power as you do. That gave me an idea for a Robe. Perhaps along the way, you can create your own special Robe that will grow in stats as you progress (you could also customize the colors). The ability to raise and lower your hood would be welcome also. I think this would be a great addition to the game.

In a retreat from "less is more", I think we should be able to take more party members out (5 counting yourself seems like a good number). Being limited to 3 (yourself + 2) makes it so most of your party members are forgotten. I tend to pick the same people over and over. Once you have a total of 3 Jedi in your group, you never part with them unless you are forced to. I realize this makes replay ability more difficult, but perhaps we could just have a larger pool to choose from. I want to be forced to have people in my group that aren't Jedi. If I have another 2 Jedi in my group, it would be great to still have somebody (HK-47 or similar) with a couple of blasters, and perhaps an echani who is unarmed.) Of course, the NPCs would have to be tougher to for it, but that is easy to do. Perhaps this could be activated. For example, at a certain point in the game, when you get to a more linear story line (see the next paragraph), you could get the skill "Leadership", which allows you to bring a 4th party member, and then Leadership 2 (maxed out) that allows you to bring a fifth.

NPCs (especially boss NPCs) need to be harder. I just defeated the person you fight before you head to the last place (vague for spoiler reasons), and I defeated this NPC in ONE ROUND! I am playing on the "hard" setting, and with Master Speed/Flurry, Form VII, and a good saber, I beat this person in one round (I think I got a couple of crits in there). This is probably my biggest gripe with the game. Now, I understand that you can't have really hard NPCs and still allow players the freedom to visit planets in any order. You can't have a super hard NPC on Dantooine, and have the player there at level 10, unable to defeat it. For this, there should be a fairly linear story line for a decent portion of the end game (as you will be very powerful by then), so they can put in worthy foes without fear of making them unbeatable. As it is, I really don't care about looting stims and such, as I never have a need for them. The linear end game (say the last half would also make it easier to incorporate a group of 5, instead of 3. If the game knows you will have 5 people in your group, it can be designed to have a challenge worthy of such a group.

Regarding the engine. I would welcome a new graphics engine, but I would not be too disappointed if KOTOR3 used the same old engine. I have the PC version, and my PC has no problems playing the game, and it looks great. Better graphics would be welcome, but I would hope my current system (p4 2.4c, Gig, R9800Pro 256MB, WD Raptor 74GB) could handle it.

Lightsaber combat. Maybe it's just me, but I like carrying a traditional single saber into combat. As all but one saber wielding person in the movies has carried this configuration, I have to assume they were doing it for a reason (don't tell me Yoda wasn't skilled enough to do it). I think a single blade saber should have more benefits than it does (with Jedi Weapon Master, you can get duals at nearly the same penalties, but still roughly double dmg). I would like to see more benefit to compensate for less damage.

Final thought, please stop making the best headgear in the game a mask. I like to see my face, as the masks just look stupid. The sunglasses face gear is ok, but the kind that totally cover your face (think of the Sith mask from KOTOR1) make you look stupid if you are walking into a Cantina.

Well, that is all I can think of right now, please feel free to comment on any of my suggestions.

Edit: I just thought of something else. There really HAS to be more variety in the NPC faces. When I can see roughly 20 different people with an identical face, that is just plain wrong. You don't even need to change the graphics engine for that (I don't think).

I voted for all of the above, except that I don't want a different ship from the Ebon Hawk. IMO, the Ebon Hawk is part of KOTOR tradition now, and I think it will still have a role to play. If they're making KOTOR III then I would like it to continue the second game as if you had played through the game as a light jedi. That is, I would like to see the game take you to where Revan has gone, find Revan, and proceed to be able to have your KOTOR I Revan character, and your KOTOR II exile in the same party. Along with this you would add previous characters from both games, and maybe throw in some new ones. Just my thoughts.

Well, If there is a Kotor III, i would like to see the following:

1) Better Graphics Engine (with equal & full support for ATI & Nvidia Cards)

2) Selectable D3D or OpenGL Renderer (both have equal development)

3) More Planets to visit (10 or so, each with their own problems to solve)

4) More Side Quests (each quest has a good & bad solution)

5) Level Cap will be 50 (like kotor 2, but you can reach it without cheating or using glitches)

6) No Random Loot (I preferred it the Kotor I way)

7) Better Endings (i don't think anyone will disagree here. lol)

:wub: New Ways to start (You can choose to start as a Jedi Padawan, Sith padawan or a Military Recruit)

8a) Jedi (You will start as a Jedi Padawan at the Jedi Academy, if you pick this option)

8b) Sith (You will be a Sith Padawan at the Sith Academy, if you pick this option)

8c) Military (You will be a Military Recruit and after a while, depending on your allignment, you will be approached by a Jedi or a Sith to become one of them) (this one is more open-ended)

9) New Ship (You get a totally new ship, which is different depending on which one you decide to start.....Jedi, Sith or Military)

10) Unique Force Powers and Feats (Main Character randomly gets a bonus feat and force power from 10 different feats and force powers.....5 LS & 5 DS....which is recieved after training is complete)

11) Different Party Members (you get to accually pick which members join your group from the academy you start at with a slight difference)

11a) Military (Party Members from this Academy will be normal and will have a neutral allignment so it is up to you to choose their path of being honorable soldiers or evil people, corrupt soldiers or well.....madmen, but will be crack shots with pistols and rifles)

11b) Jedi & Sith (Party Members from these Academies will not be fully on their respected Allignments and it will be your responsibility to get it there by doing all the good or sick things during the game)

12) AI Abilities (Because some people moan about the games being too easy, the AI should be Addaptive and cunning, it will learn from the way you play the game and alter the game to give you a heck of a challenge) (Think Homeworld 2, but make it more realistic)

12a) Bosses (Since bosses are masters and far stronger then their peers, they should be immune to all force power attacks....i bet that screws up with you force hoggers. >_<)

What do you guys think of that?

5) Level Cap will be 50 (like kotor 2, but you can reach it without cheating or using glitches)

:wub: New Ways to start (You can choose to start as a Jedi Padawan, Sith padawan or a Military Recruit)

8a) Jedi (You will start as a Jedi Padawan at the Jedi Academy, if you pick this option)

8b) Sith (You will be a Sith Padawan at the Sith Academy, if you pick this option)

8c) Military (You will be a Military Recruit and after a while, depending on your allignment, you will be approached by a Jedi or a Sith to become one of them) (this one is more open-ended)

9) New Ship (You get a totally new ship, which is different depending on which one you decide to start.....Jedi, Sith or Military)

10) Unique Force Powers and Feats (Main Character randomly gets a bonus feat and force power from 10 different feats and force powers.....5 LS & 5 DS....which is recieved after training is complete)

11) Different Party Members (you get to accually pick which members join your group from the academy you start at with a slight difference)

11a) Military (Party Members from this Academy will be normal and will have a neutral allignment so it is up to you to choose their path of being honorable soldiers or evil people, corrupt soldiers or well.....madmen, but will be crack shots with pistols and rifles)

11b) Jedi & Sith (Party Members from these Academies will not be fully on their respected Allignments and it will be your responsibility to get it there by doing all the good or sick things during the game)

12) AI Abilities (Because some people moan about the games being too easy, the AI should be Addaptive and cunning, it will learn from the way you play the game and alter the game to give you a heck of a challenge) (Think Homeworld 2, but make it more realistic)

12a) Bosses (Since bosses are masters and far stronger then their peers, they should be immune to all force power attacks....i bet that screws up with you force hoggers. >_<)

I think it would take about 4 years to develop. 10 planets, different starting points, D3d/Open GL. It would never get released. Personally, I don't want to wait that long. While I am sure we all want the story to continue a long time, I don't think that is realistic.

I think it would take about 4 years to develop. 10 planets, different starting points, D3d/Open GL. It would never get released. Personally, I don't want to wait that long. While I am sure we all want the story to continue a long time, I don't think that is realistic.

hmmmm, let me do the calculations.

longer development = stable and less bugs

or

shorter development = Kotor II

I think i would prefer the longer development

If Obsidian can get Kotor II sort of completed in 12 months or so, this game could be done in 2yrs or so and will be far worth it.

Its not my problem if you can't wait that long.

kotor 3? :wub: just thinking of it.... turn me on ;)

what do i want from it?

You play as Revan, and Exile joins you in your party, along with carth, basila, HK-47, T3, and some new charecter (and Atton, seeing as he didnt end up dying like he should/could have)

Lots of better robes, and battles to be different, like flurry isnt 3 attacks, its a mini movie of 10 attacks like u see in the films (dunno how they would do that thou) >_<

LVL50 cap, without cheats is attainable, 3 prestigce classes, jedi (guardian, sentinal, consular), jedi knight (attacker, jedi scout, jedi force user (yeh crap names but u get the idea), and finally, jedi weapon master, watchman or jedi master.

OHH yeh, and jedi master vandar joins you in your party :o

'I did it all for the wookies'

or

If Obsidian can get Kotor II sort of completed in 12 months or so, this game could be done in 2yrs or so and will be far worth it.

2 years? You are calling for 10 planets, which is twice the content/story of KOTOR2. If Obsidian did KOTOR2 in a year, then it would take 2 years just to have the same level of quality (lack of polish) as they had in KOTOR2. If you add in an ending, multiple starting locations, Direct 3d/Open GL rendering, better testing and bug fixing, and more original content (face it, they used a lot of areas from KOTOR and copied them, changing them only slightly, ie: Dantooine, The first ship you are on in KOTOR was back,etc...), a new graphics engine (which takes time to develop), you are looking at 3 years minimum. While the game might be great, that is a LONG time to wait.

Not to mention, Lucasarts would never go for it. 3 years developing a game is a large investment. They much rather give you smaller installments (not that KOTOR 1 or 2 are small), and make twice as much money with less risk.

:p New Ways to start (You can choose to start as a Jedi Padawan, Sith padawan or a Military Recruit)

12a) Bosses (Since bosses are masters and far stronger then their peers, they should be immune to all force power attacks....i bet that screws up with you force hoggers. :wacko:)

or

2 years? You are calling for 10 planets, which is twice the content/story of KOTOR2. If Obsidian did KOTOR2 in a year, then it would take 2 years just to have the same level of quality (lack of polish) as they had in KOTOR2. If you add in an ending, multiple starting locations, Direct 3d/Open GL rendering, better testing and bug fixing, and more original content (face it, they used a lot of areas from KOTOR and copied them, changing them only slightly, ie: Dantooine, The first ship you are on in KOTOR was back,etc...), a new graphics engine (which takes time to develop), you are looking at 3 years minimum. While the game might be great, that is a LONG time to wait.

Not to mention, Lucasarts would never go for it. 3 years developing a game is a large investment. They much rather give you smaller installments (not that KOTOR 1 or 2 are small), and make twice as much money with less risk.

Well, accually it would take far longer then 5yrs, since they will be making a graphics engine from scratch.

dude you should just stop being so picky about how much time it should be in development because people prefer stability bugfree gameplay instead of a short development.

My Idea is great, if Lucasarts are too cheap to do it, its not my problem.

Well, accually it would take far longer then 5yrs, since they will be making a graphics engine from scratch.

dude you should just stop being so picky about how much time it should be in development because people prefer stability bugfree gameplay instead of a short development.

Well in an ideal world that would be nice... but just imagine FIVE years to develop a game? by the time the game was finished technology would have moved on and its standard would be obsolete before it was released, not to mention most companies tend to base their longterm strategies on a five year plan, the company might not even be in the same place cpmmercially in that time period. they simply wouldn't take that long to make a video game, not only would it cost an absolute fortune, which would therefore make them start thinking very seriously about upping the price, as if the game isn't a number one hit that stays at the tops of the charts for months, or ends up with a huge inline community that keeps it going for years, they will end up making a loss, or at the east struggling to break even. I'm all for them spending the time required to release a well baked product, but you have to be realistic. Even Lucasarse would go bankrupt if they worked consistently on such a development policy.

It is true there have been a few games that broke this mold, but those games which then went on to do well are rarer than those which sank without a trace. NWN is one of the few I can think of that actually succeeded after, what a 4-5 year development time? Everyone expected it to fail, and to be fair it might well have done, it was the community which kept it going.

Well in an ideal world that would be nice... but just imagine FIVE years to develop a game? by the time the game was finished technology would have moved on and its standard would be obsolete before it was released, not to mention most companies tend to base their longterm strategies on a five year plan, the company might not even be in the same place cpmmercially in that time period. they simply wouldn't take that long to make a video game, not only would it cost an absolute fortune, which would therefore make them start thinking very seriously about upping the price, as if the game isn't a number one hit that stays at the tops of the charts for months, or ends up with a huge inline community that keeps it going for years, they will end up making a loss, or at the east struggling to break even. I'm all for them spending the time required to release a well baked product, but you have to be realistic. Even Lucasarse would go bankrupt if they worked consistently on such a development policy.

It is true there have been a few games that broke this mold, but those games which then went on to do well are rarer than those which sank without a trace. NWN is one of the few I can think of that actually succeeded after, what a 4-5 year development time? Everyone expected it to fail, and to be fair it might well have done, it was the community which kept it going.

Just think if that is true, you won't need to upgrade. :D hehehehe

Also, another good thing is if they did make the game and release it and it was virtually bug free and they went bankrupt.

2 birds with 1 stone in my mind. (we get the game and lucasarts are gone) (they have had several chances in my mind and they failed miserably)

Besides my idea has room for improvement. lol

:( New Ways to start (You can choose to start as a Jedi Padawan, Sith padawan or a Military Recruit)

12a) Bosses (Since bosses are masters and far stronger then their peers, they should be immune to all force power attacks....i bet that screws up with you force hoggers. :))

or

The only games they would be willing to spend 5 years developing are MMMORPG's, like Star Wars Galaxies.

I would like more interaction between you and your friends,cause it was dull in TSL ,for example,that after 2 min you're done speaking to Visas,that she had nothing more to say..It was kinda frustrating... <_<

I really liked the fact that you were able change their alignment,but the dialogs were better in K1.At least it wasn't always the same thing like "wannaplaypazaakwannaplaypazaakwannaplaypazaak""coughAttoncough"A mix of the both would be perfect.

Endings that really kick ass,like something I could play 40 hours just to see it.

Maybe more than 2 endings,so you'll have to make a lot of different choices,and the game will be longer.

Tougher boss,it's a little bit too easy,there were no real challenge.

More choices in romance,something like you can pick two in same time,and so there would be jealousy scenes between em.Would be funny. :p

The return of HK. :D

I think it would be great to have the Exile and Reven appear in KOTOR 3...and be able to play as either one of them each with a slightly different storyline than the other. Of course, you should be able to customise each one at the start of the game to look like the way you think they should look.

Their paths cross at various points in the game, just so you get the feeling of them being their own character and not some sort of existence trapped aboard the Ebon Hawk!

I would like more interaction between you and your friends,cause it was dull in TSL ,for example,that after 2 min you're done speaking to Visas,that she had nothing more to say..It was kinda frustrating... <_<

I really liked the fact that you were able change their alignment,but the dialogs were better in K1.At least it wasn't always the same thing like "wannaplaypazaakwannaplaypazaakwannaplaypazaak""coughAttoncough"A mix of the both would be perfect.

Endings that really kick ass,like something I could play 40 hours just to see it.

Maybe more than 2 endings,so you'll have to make a lot of different choices,and the game will be longer.

Tougher boss,it's a little bit too easy,there were no real challenge.

More choices in romance,something like you can pick two in same time,and so there would be jealousy scenes between em.Would be funny. :-

The return of HK. :D

Well, technically is game is meant ot be fun to play, not challenging. (if you want a challenge, play chess with someone or something that stimulates the mind.