Hi all

Hello all Kotor 2 players. I own the first Kotor and loved it and hope for more of the same with Kotor 2 when i get it.

Browsed the forums a little bit and must say that there is a bit of a feeling of bashing with regards to Kotor 2 makers Obsidion with the bugs people are having and the suposed content missing. But i reserve my judgement if the players are right or not to bashing the devs untill I actually play the game myself. I am keeping my mind open and hope to have a good experiance of Kotor 2. I just hope my specs hold up as i stuggled a bit with the previous game in some sections but alot was ok.

My specs are

AMD xp 1900+

512 ddr

Geforce 4 TI4200 64ddr

How do you think my computer will fare?

I downloaded the patch just incase i have problems, I always like making sure i play the latest version of a game anyhow.

Well I hope I enjoy Kotor 2 and I like to say hi to all here and hope i am welcomed here.

Guest Dowie100

the cut content is not "supposed" it has been proved 100%

and you will enjoy the game, its great! Depsite the bugs and missing content

Enjoy :thumbsup:

We welcome you newbie and have a good time here. :thumbsup::luck::luck:

BTW I can't say that I am satisfied with TSL. It looks more like unfinishied gargantuous expansion to original KOTOR than next chapter. Human greed...

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Hi - game isn't perfect, but it's still loads of fun! Yeah, there's some stuff to bash on, but I keep playing the game despite that. Guess I didn't have any expectations to be dashed, tho.

Anyway, this is a nice place here. Welcome and luck with the game!

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I hope you have a lot of fun with TSL. I liked it for the most part and its still fun on the fourth time around. My only advice is SAVE YOUR GAME OFTEN!

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Playing off and on, this took me less than two weeks to beat with 30 odd hours. Compared to about 4 weeks with KotOR I.

KotOR I, while I had a shorter game time, I defintely played for a greater ammount of time. TONS more reloads. I think I cleared Peragus in less time than it took me to beat Malak. But I've had Pazaak games last longer than most boss fights in KotOR II.

Playing off and on, this took me less than two weeks to beat with 30 odd hours. Compared to about 4 weeks with KotOR I.

KotOR I, while I had a shorter game time, I defintely played for a greater ammount of time.  TONS more reloads.  I think I cleared Peragus in less time than it took me to beat Malak.  But I've had Pazaak games last longer than most boss fights in KotOR II.

the solution here is to not rush through boss fights, because people complain that the game is too easy and they use like Master Speed, Master Flurry and a Double-Bladed Saber or just use force powers continusly.

i never really use force powers, just to heal really.

We'll see you in a few weeks, more likely days, since the game is highly addictive and fun.

My advice, just don't play through it, you really have to listen to what people are saying to understand whats going on. Take your time and enjoy.

Keep your eyes peeled during the loading screens too.

You're just getting it now ? you're pretty lucky, I wish I could forget it all and play it as though it was my first time too so I don't already know everything. Sometimes I wish I was a droid, that way I could get a memory wipe and forget for good :D

My specs are

AMD xp 1900+

512 ddr

Geforce 4 TI4200 64ddr

How do you think my computer will fare?

I downloaded the patch just incase i have problems, I always like making sure i play the latest version of a game anyhow.

Well I hope I enjoy Kotor 2 and I like to say hi to all here and hope i am welcomed here.

Welcome. Your specs should be just fine. If you get a slowdown in an area (:cough: Dantooine :cough:) just fiddle with the settings while you are in that area.

Other than that, save early, save often. :-D

Not only save early, saver often, but also use multiple save slots. :wacko:

Its not bad for a first attempt and with the limitations that Obsidian had. With all the problems it has I would rate it an average game. Has more entertaining bits than the first one, but not as well put together.

Thread Pruned: Remember folks the sandbox is fun, but when the dirt starts to fly ... In other words: If you cannot post in a respectful manner, please refrain from posting, otherwise I actually have to do something and that really is not going to be fun for anyone ...

Skeeter: Welcome to the nutz howse that is Obsidian. Have fun, enjoy your stay and please don't feed the tollz ;)

FLoSD.OBE

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

I had exactly the same set of problems as well. Hopefully it means that, like me, you'll be lucky and not encounter any of the really serious problems that others on these forums have found. The jerky screen resolution switch to FMV and the timing problems with the door were annoying, yes, because I didn't get anything like that in Kotor 1 and you don't really expect the sequel to be a step back. But they're the result of lack of time to polish the game in order to meet the publisher's release date, and the patch might fix them. Behind the glitches, the game itself remains really good.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I've gotten the ones with the door before. I don't always get them tho. The minor glitches like that don't always occur, at least for me.

I assume the view aspect is that it depends on where you're standing - or where the game puts you - because maybe the camera is 'fixed' in those scenes, so if you're not standing in the right spot it gets all funky.

Oh and about Atton and his magical ability to control the EbonHawk without actually touching any companels - I don't think that's a glitch - just lazy animation.

He does sometimes glitch tho - like turn around in his seat the wrong way, or whatever. >_<

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I wasn't able to get the game when it first came out for the PC, but now that I have it, I'm loving it. :)

A little too much -- been losing Influence with the wife. :(

I think I like this one better than the first. But that's just my opinion. I loved the storyline of the first, but I like the expanded qualities they've added to the 2nd, such as the ability to switch to pre-determined weapons with a single button, learning how to gain Influence with your party members, etc.

I liked the storyline of the first one better, though. Great twist!

Glad you're enjoying the game!

evil_twin.jpg

Oh and about Atton and his magical ability to control the EbonHawk without actually touching any companels - I don't think that's a glitch - just lazy animation.

He does sometimes glitch tho - like turn around in his seat the wrong way, or whatever. :wub:

Kind of like not removing any weapons he had equipped. Kinda tricky to fly when youve got a vibroblade in one hand.