What's the first RPGs you've played?

Tanuvein

mid-twenties is old?  ;)

*Trips over beard going down the hall of the Old Gamers' Home. Breaks hip.*

As I said, I was talking from a purely "computer gaming experience" point of view :)

Tomorrow I'll turn 27. I think the first comp I played something on (another nice topic of conversation) was an Atari 2600 back in '83 or '84...Yeah, when I was 5 or 6, so I consider myself quite "old" :blink:

"The Price of Freedom is Eternal Vigilance" - Wing Commander IV

Well, the downside for us so called "veterans" is that, posting messages like these, we are suddenly starting to feel very old even if we are still in the mid-twenties or so >_

Exactly! I'm 24 and gaming makes me feel like I an old codger.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Baldur's Gate got me hooked on the cRPG scene.

I didn't really play the old console RPGs like Dragon Warrior and Final Fantasy. I liked action and adventure games more back when I was a kid.

I haven't tried the older cRPGS like the Goldbox series either.

Ah well. I don't think I'll have the time to go back and play through them all. I'll have to look to the future.

Well, the downside for us so called "veterans" is that, posting messages like these, we are suddenly starting to feel very old even if we are still in the mid-twenties or so :p

Exactly! I'm 24 and gaming makes me feel like I an old codger.

You young whippersnappers don't know old!

(34 next month...grabs back and reaches for cane before doddering home to search for false teeth).

Probably a game whose name I cannot recall, for the C64.

It occurs to me that Oregon Trail (for Apple II) may as well be considered a roleplaying game, since I don't know what else I'd consider it, so I'll include that.

I didn't play the RPGs available for my TI 99 in its heyday (Adventure and Tunnels of Doom being the major titles, which I did not own then), so I can't count those as firsts.

Dragon Warrior for NES would be the first major canonical RPG which I played extensively.

u72title.gif

I might have had a shot of Eye of the Beholder and Zelda: Link to the Past before but Serpent Isle was my first proper play of an RPG. It took me about 6 years and a walkthrough to finish it. I remember fondly the old days, wandering around Serpent Isle without a clue of what to do, endlessly trying to get through that swamp without falling asleep and going into the strange wibbly land of dreams.

In retrospect I have to say I really dont enjoy games as much as I used to. I could blame it on falling standards but the truth is I've just played too many games now and my brain won't let me enjoy them as much anymore.

We now bring you live footage from the World Championship Staring Final.

staringcontest8og.gif

u72title.gif

I might have had a shot of Eye of the Beholder and Zelda: Link to the Past before but Serpent Isle was my first proper play of an RPG.  It took me about 6 years and a walkthrough to finish it.  I remember fondly the old days, wandering around Serpent Isle without a clue of what to do, endlessly trying to get through that swamp without falling asleep and going into the strange wibbly land of dreams.

In retrospect I have to say I really dont enjoy games as much as I used to.  I could blame it on falling standards but the truth is I've just played too many games now and my brain won't let me enjoy them as much anymore.

It's just a burned out phase--i've been there, looked uupon the scum of third rate games with sad tired eyes, shuddered as i searched desparately for a game in my collection which i could replay yet again, then decide that insomnia was better...but i become addicted again whenever the right game comes along so hang in there.

as far as 'my first', it was the Nameless One. Unforgettable, just like they say :cool:

My first on console was probably Dragon Warrior.

I'm not as sure about on PC, but I think it was Ultima Underworld.

Icewind Dale and I thought the blood in that game was horrific ;) (I was eight)

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf