Question about BG2 ToB

ramza

I have read that if you gave Sarevok his 2 handed sword ("sword of chaos" if i remember well), this seems to trigger some kind of reaction. I have tried to equip him with his weapon, but he didn't seem to recognize it. I even tried the cheat that triggers random conversations (Ctrl+I) but nothing happened either.

Does anyone have a clue of what I am supposed to do in order to make him say something about his sword? Does he somehow upgrade his sword when he founds it again or does he simply make some stupid and senseless remark about it?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

If you obtain his Sword of Chaos in Irenicus' Dungeon in the beginning of Shadows of Amn and keep it all the way to Throne of Bhaal and after you defeat Illasera you will be taken to your pocket plane where you'll be greeted by a Solar and then Sarevok.

Give him the sword, i.e Equip him with it and he'll say:

"My old sword of chaos? I didn't think you still had it..." then he'll say that there is still some power left in it and he'll unlock this power.

I'm not sure if this works without the latest patch installed, however.

Bugs? Klingon Software does not have 'Bugs'. It has FEATURES and they are too sophisticated for a Romulan pig like you to understand!

HK-47: "Recitation: First, weapon selection is critical. If I see one more idiot attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself."

HK-47: "Answer: Select grenades, sonic screamers, cluster rockets and plasma charges. Mines are also effective, since many Jedi will run to meet you in hand to hand combat. Silly Jedi."

Yes, this only happens if you have the 'Ascension' mod installed.

It's a semi-official mod created by the lead designer of ToB David Gaider which, among other things, alters the ending of the game and increases the difficulty of some major battles. You can find it here.

Here you go Ellester:

Sword of Chaos +4

The blade of Sarevok, brother of <CHARNAME>, used in the battle they fought in faraway Baldur's Gate.  <CHARNAME> prevailed, destroying Sarevok's plans and rescuing the Sword Coast from the brink of war.  Now Sarevok has joined with <CHARNAME>'s cause and his blade has been restored to him.  Sarevok describes the weapon as a Deathbringer blade and has restored some of the weapon's old power.  Without his Bhaalspawn essence to channel through the sword, however, it cannot achieve the power it once had.  Still, however, it is a formidable weapon...and one that Sarevok warns would become increasingly difficult to wield in the hands of one who was not a Deathbringer, if they could use it at all.

STATISTICS:

Abilities: each hit drains one to five hit points from the target and transfers it to the wielder.  This will not heal beyond the wielder's maximum.

The blade also grants +10% Magic Resistance while wielded.

Damage:  1D10 +4

THAC0: +4 bonus

Damage type:  slashing

Weight: 10

Speed Factor: 8

Proficiency Type: Two Handed sword

Type:  2-handed

Requires: 14 Strength, 18 Constitution

Not Usable By:

Cleric

Mage

Paladin

Ranger

Druid

non-Chaotic aligned

I didn't realise you were around here, aVENGER.

Just occasionally... I used to visit more while the NWN2 forums were here.

Back on topic, Ascension is an interesting mod and I would recommend it at least for the sake of seeing how Gaider envisioned the ending sequence. It makes a bit more sense from the RP point of view and it's certainly more fun than the whole 'kill Melissan 4 times in a row' deal.

Thanks for the help! :thumbsup:

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p