Atris Poll

What do you think of Atris after playing the game?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Atris after playing the game?

• Could've been worse, but could've been a whole lot better
    • She has anger management issues........
    • She loved the Exile, and really wished to ride with him into the war
    • She loved the Exile, and really wished to ride with her into the war
    • She loved the Exile, and really wished to 'ride' him all night *wink*
    • I made her pay for taking my lightsaber!
    • Why did they cut out her Darth Traya form?
    • Some lonely nights, the Handmaidens did more than guard her......
    • So much for the goody-goody poster girl of the Jedi Order........
    • *dreams of "hooking up power couplings" with her*

Like so many others...she just couldnt keep up to par :thumbsup:. She could have been a whole lot better...If obsidian was going for a 'mysterious awe' for her they should have made her a bit less annoying....

As soon as I saw her and heard her talk I knew she was going to fall(or had already)..she was just too emotional. Makes ya curous how she ever got onto the council.

Like so many others...she just couldnt keep up to par :thumbsup:.  She could have been a whole lot better...If obsidian was going for a 'mysterious awe' for her they should have made her a bit less annoying....

As soon as I saw her and heard her talk I knew she was going to fall(or had already)..she was just too emotional. Makes ya curous how she ever got onto the council.

I can't quite remember where I read it so it's possible I'm wrong, but I had the impression that Atris was assigned to take over Kreia's post as "Mistress of the Jedi Archives". As such she got Kreia's spot on the Council as well, when Kreia was cast out and exiled for leading Revan astray. Atris had to be fairly new on the job at the time the Exile was exiled, as I assume Kreia was thrown out of the Order when Revan decided to defy the Council and join the Republic in the war against the Mandalorians a few years earlier.

I think Atris is fine as she is. A Jedi torn apart by an emotional conflict, where her heart says one thing and the jedi teachings she's been fed since she was a child says another. And since the jedi order teach their members to supress emotion rather than learn to control them, she is unable to come to grips with her emotions when they become too strong to supress.

Torn between her desire to do what seems to be right and follow the one she looks up to and loves (as a role model or potentially romantic depending on gender) to aid the Republic, and her loyalty to the Order and responsibilities on the council, she tries desperately to convince herself that she did the right thing by attempting to demonize the Exile. Though she never believes the image she paints of her/him herself.

And then, when most of the order is whiped out at Katarr she is saddled with a responsibility she isn't prepared or suited for, to ensure the survival of the Jedi Order and their teachings, adding further to emotional strain. In her weakened mental state it must have been pretty easy for the Sith Holocrons to twist her thoughts.

If what I vaguely remember is correct, that it was Atris that lead Nihilus to Katarr in order to try to draw him out, but gravely underestimated him, then add a tremendous guilt for that act, and it's a wonder she's not a complete nerve wreck. :)

I'm not sad they left out the Evil Queen outfit for her, I don't think it would have fit her character as she's currently presented in the game. That "Darth Traya" model doesn't look much like Atris at all.

Not all characters in a game has to be likable, and Atris is portrayed as a rather human, if sad, character. I was far more annoyed by her brainwashed Combat Drones. It's a shame you never got a chance to kick their behinds other than in the sparring matches.

Why did they cut out her Darth Traya form?

Cos Obsidian were obsessed with making K2 different to K1 and this would be too much like a Bastila, not that I would've minded.

Also, fan art Atris was much better than ingame final...

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

Serious attitude problems. It's like she created that perfect ideal image of the Exile to herself and when the original didn't live up to whatever high expectations she had, she gets all sulky and starts blaming him/her for all her disappointments in life. :blink:

Cos Obsidian were obsessed with making K2 different to K1 and this would be too much like a Bastila, not that I would've minded.

I think it is more due to the fact that LA said that OB only had 1+ some year to work on the game, and there simply wasn't enough time.

Anyways, I voted "Some lonely nights, the Handmaidens did more than guard her......". It was just too funny to pass up, its not like i liked the mental image or anything. Yea, that's it. :thumbsup:

I think it is more due to the fact that LA said that OB only had 1+ some year to work on the game, and there simply wasn't enough time.

Anyways, I voted "Some lonely nights, the Handmaidens did more than guard her......". It was just too funny to pass up, its not like i liked the mental image or anything. Yea, that's it. :luck:

Sounds like someone has a VERY vivid (and slightly interesting) imagination :thumbsup:

I totally agree.

And like someone said, when I first saw Atris I was like "Wow the most illustrious Atris" and as soon as she opened her mouth I fell over like the characters in anime do.

I hated Atris. Far to annoying but she was a well done character. I wish they didn't take out her Darth Traya form... most spookiest thing I have ever seen.

Basically, I voted 'why did they cut...' but I know the reasons. I just wish with all my heart that this character had been allowed to reach her potential. She was complex and interesting; I wanted to know more about her, and she would have added a lot more depth to the story. And one h** of an emotional ending possibility.

Atris knew that going to war was right, but she was afraid to buck the system. She remained politically correct, and rationalized away her conscience. But she always envied Exile for having the guts to do something she could not. Add to that the fact that she loved Exile and wanted him to stay with her, and you have the seeds of bitterness. She saw his leaving as an act of personal betrayal, of rejection as well as political suicide. So, when he returned, it was payback time for all his slights, real or imagined.

A good character, just one which could have been as great and memorable as Kreia. And IMO a needed contrast, showing Kreia as someone strong enough to ultimately rise above Fate.

Anyways, I voted "Some lonely nights, the Handmaidens did more than guard her......". It was just too funny to pass up, its not like i liked the mental image or anything. Yea, that's it. ;)

Sounds like someone has a VERY vivid (and slightly interesting) imagination :devil:

HEY! I WAS THE FIRST ONE WHO SAID THAT! Don't be rippin my **** off, go plunder someone else, or you'll be the next rodent under my boot :D

Much later in the game.  You wont miss it, it's part of the main storyline.  And no, you dont get your old Lightsaber back.

Well, I already did a tiny little mod that will make Brianna hand you your old Lightsaber (remember when she said she was coming with you because "Atris beleives you will need help"??? :D) before you meet the Council...

There are two Lightsabers, one is a single-blade that has been specially modified with some very special base stats, and the other is a Double-Blade with the same enhancements :D

I usually combine the Single with my normal single saber from the game itself, but there are times when I prefer double-blades over dual....It's rare, however, when I use double-blades...I am very ambidextrous and I love using both of my hands to obtain total tactical superiority over the single-blade "fencing masters" :D

Ah well, I still want to be able to switch your leading-hand to your left, so you can be left-handed...Too bad I don't have the ability to do the graphics work needed, I did do some scripting to allow such a thing to be done, but I have to find a l33t modd34z or h@xo4z who's a wonder with graphics design to make a left-handed mod work properly...

My gf is good with graphics, but she still has a lot to learn, and as much as I like her, I don't think I'd ruin one of my perfect mods by including her present level of work in it...I have insisted on total perfection with my X-Wing Alliance mod, which is why it's now been being worked on for 7 *YEARS*, and it's still not done, though it will be for sure as EP3 comes out :o

Much later in the game.  You wont miss it, it's part of the main storyline.

Yes, I know that, when Kreia meets her. I finished the game but I thought I can go to her earlier.

And no, you dont get your old Lightsaber back.

And what happens if I ask Atris to give it back when I first meet her?

Ad what happens if I try to kill her?

you can't...trust me, no matter how aggressive you try to be it'll just loop until you say something(forgot exatcly what you have to say) and she lets you go

How do you mean "forgot exatcly what you have to say" ?

Ad what happens if I try to kill her?

you can't...trust me, no matter how aggressive you try to be it'll just loop until you say something(forgot exatcly what you have to say) and she lets you go

How do you mean "forgot exatcly what you have to say" ?

There is a string of DS lines you can use to get her to start talking fightin' words, but ultimately she "gets tired of fighting with you", and has Brianna take you away...

It's simply an exchange of words, nothing more, nothing less...As Kreia says if you refuse to hand over your weapons: "There is much to be gained here, without violence..." :wub:

She tells you that you no longer are worthy of carrying it.

That woman has some nerve telling you about who is worthy what! Conniving harlot! The Exile should've plunged that blade into her guts instead of the center stone in the council an- *gets slapped*

I still believe that Atris wanted to 'ride' the Exile all night long despite her being Queen Bitch of the Universe.

Bugs? Klingon Software does not have 'Bugs'. It has FEATURES and they are too sophisticated for a Romulan pig like you to understand!

HK-47: "Recitation: First, weapon selection is critical. If I see one more idiot attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself."

HK-47: "Answer: Select grenades, sonic screamers, cluster rockets and plasma charges. Mines are also effective, since many Jedi will run to meet you in hand to hand combat. Silly Jedi."