KOTOR - The Graphic Novel

Greetings to all of you! I am here to announce a project of monumental proportions but a project I am sure that at least some of you here would be interested in.

You probably don't know me for my most recent and essentially (though not completely as it is still in the stages of rewriting) complete fan fiction based on the Homeworld universe, The Vagabond. That was last year. This year I have begun work on a new project, one that I think is of interest to everyone here.

Over the past few months (since about late January), my friends and I have been working on a graphic novel based on the award-winning Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. Now, with the rough draft of the first script done it is almost time to begin drawing.

So far however, my friends and I are the only crew for the graphic novel and the small town of Point Arena isn't exactly full of potential workers at a population of 400+. That is why I have come here, to invite those who may share an interest in seeing this project through to join in on the work.

What we need so far are artists (I being a technical concept artist and my friend Dennis being the only full artist), photographers (by this I mean they can grab screens of the desired locations), and somebody who can grab a piece of text that has somehow eluded me during the writing process: HK-47's story dialogue (I have some of the early basic dialogue and his responses to other people's conversations but that's it). And those who have played KOTOR know how grave this single need is .

To sum up the story written down so far here it is:

Essentially it is the same storyline as the game. It contains most of the same dialogue, has all the main quests and several of the side ones, contains the background for the characters, etc., etc. It focuses around a light side male Revan who begins as a soldier (though rather scoundrelish in personality) and becomes a Jedi Sentinel whose new name is "Emerin Lined".

However, there are differences. For example, the dialogue is changed in some places to emphasize more emotion, to react better to Emerin's dialogue (which is rather bland in the regular game for the most part), or to give the other players more options for talking in a conversation that realistically would include them but does not in the game.

Furthermore, the story of Revan is deeper in this version and Revan/Emerin continues to gain flashbacks even after his identity is revealed. We learn more about what happened at Malachor that turned Revan to the dark side and introduce a new and sinister (if somewhat minor) character to the story of Revan's past. Expect to see the Exile and Kreia (last name Dura) in at least one of Revan's flashbacks as a bonus.

It is also revealed that Revan and Bastila shared feelings even before the Mandalorian Wars and that this was one of the reasons for the complexities that evolved between Revan and Bastila the second time round.

Finally: I changed the impression that Revan either had to turn to the dark side or reject his past identity. In this storyline Revan accepts that he was Revan and lives with it. True, he has nightmares about his past crimes but he also has fond (if sometimes bittersweet) memories of his past, of the good things he did. There are other changes of course but these are the fairly major ones.

So... interested in helping?

hmm...you seem to know what your doing :(

That's not exactly the point. I appreciate your response but whether or not I know what I am doing I still need help for the project. I don't have the time or skill frankly to draw an entire graphic novel. I can draw things I'm looking at in general, not things in my head and besides, the graphic novel is actually twelve issues (I couldn't get it much shorter without substantially leaving out important parts) so the amount of artists needed is pretty high.

So if anyone is a talented artist or can get screenshots of various KOTOR rooms and people than that would be great. Also, though not necessary, a web designer would be cool.

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=32363

I believe you have already been owned by Dark Horse comics.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

So everyone get together some of that babysitting money, you going to have to wait on getting the new Presidents of the United States album :angry:

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I don't think that your comic can be compared to dark horse professional work.

Let's face the truth: you guys will never beat artists like Duursema or Ching and never be as good storytellers as Ostrander. I'll rather wait to read DH's KOTOR

comic (and there's big chance for one)

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

I don't think that your comic can be compared to dark horse professional work.

Let's face the truth: you guys will never beat artists like Duursema or Ching and never be as good storytellers as Ostrander. I'll rather wait to read DH's KOTOR

comic (and there's big chance for one)

I absolutely disagree. First of all, its unfair to think that nobody outside of a major company in a set business can be good at anything. Second of all, DH will never make a comic that takes place during KOTOR. You know why? Because that KOTOR is such an open-ended story with a total of thirty-six different outcomes (based on story variations based on class, alignment, and gender) and they're such a by-the-book company that they won't make a story that potentially offends anyone.

Second of all, this project is mostly done for fun and because that a real comic book company will never do something like it.

Update:

Some jobs are now filled. I have four potential artists, a web designer, and two photographers. However... it would still be good to have some more artists, if anyone here feels as though they have a talent in art.

Furthermore, I really do need those Aychkay conversation regarding his past jobs and such (I have everyone's backstory but his, though I know he doesn't have much of one in KOTOR having lost much of his memory). And I need the conversation where Jolee is told to go to Manaan.

Somehow these things were the only things that slipped my grasp (except for perhaps a few NPC conversations. I only got a few of those but I'll let it go at that point).

If I can help send me a message and let me kno.

Ο κώδικας του sίτΗ

Η ειρήνη είναι ένα ψέμα είναι εκεί μόνο πάθος. Μέσω του πάθους κερδίζω τη δύναμη. Μέσω της δύναμης κερδίζω τη δύναμη. Μέσω της δύναμης κερδίζω τη νίκη. Μέσω της νίκης οι αλυσίδες μου είναι σπασμένες. Η δύναμη θα με απελευθερώσει. Μάθετε αυτό και θα είστε αντάξιοι της παρουσίας μου.

από μηχανής θεός

1022.gifsterb029.gifsterb025.gif