Light Saber thing

I would really appreciate if you read this, it's long but I hope it will be worth your time and patience.

I would like to talk about KOTOR3 and to try to get an insight of it, to try to learn about it only through facts from KOTOR2, especially from the end of KOTOR2 and your talk with Kreia about the future.

I'll start from Kreia's sentence about why Revan came back to Malachor V: "...and he came because Malachor, like Korriban, lies on the fringes of the acient sith empire, where the true sith wait for us, in the dark."

Later during your conversation she also says: that, as we know that Malachor and Korriban belong to the edge of the true sith empire, the true sith have forgotten about them...for the time being...and that they WILL REMEMBER and that Revan knew that.

Perhaps that is why Revan went to bring the fight to them, to attack them first, in The Outer Rim rather then wait for them "to remember", to return to the known-republic space. Maybe he did that in order to protect his loved ones (Bastilla, Carth.....LS ending of KOTOR1) to spare them the suffering and the war with the true sith.

What I don't understand then is how he planned to fight the entire sith empire singlehandedly or did he really went alone?...never mind that.

Kreia said that I have to go after Revan because he will need all the help he can get from all warriors, Jedi or Sith(Dark Jedi). I think by that she probably meant all available and capable fighting force in the Republic-known space. I say that because Kreia said one interesting thing when she talked about the future of Dantooine: "...they will be driven back from Dantooine, the raiders, the mandalorians and ALL THAT SHELL STRIKE AT THE OUTER RIM."

That is why I think that everybody from the Republic-known space, all fighting capable armies, clans, individuales... will go The Outer Rim to fight the true sith, which would result in a war of an epic proportions.

To back that up Kreia said in the end: "...I sense it has one last journey for you . You must go where Revan did, into the unknown regions, where the sith, the true sith wait in the dark for THE GREAT WAR THAT COMES."

Sounds to me like "the great war" that is coming means then that the Jedi, possibly the Dark Jedi, Republic forces, Mandalorians, Raiders, various clans - I mean everybody as I said from the Republic-known space versus the true sith empire in The Outer Rim.

The only problem would be who would be able to unite them all given the fact their diferent views of life, power, politics, sense of right and wrong, you name it. The answer is The Exile naturally.... he draws people around him, in particulare those powerfull and those strong in the force...and as Kreia said he is a natural leader - but these are now ideas not hardcore facts about the future.

I also think that KOTOR3 will be the end of this saga, it makes sense, Kreia also said: "You must join Revan and do battle AT THE END OF ALL THINGS."

Maybe by that she only thought about The Outer Rim as the edge of the galaxy or maybe she thought that as an end of an era, a closure of a time in the history of the galaxy, but who knows.... All further speculations on further developments would be pure guessing.....

I would very much like to hear your comments or maybe critics regarding this topic or my perpective. Thanks....

Edited by Hildegard

I think you are dead on. Why else did Revan tell Canderous to reunite the clans as LS, and goad Canderous into doing if DS? Why did he/she tell Carth to keep the Republic strong? Because he knew a war was coming, and that the Mandalorians and Republic would need each other to defeat them. Perhaps since Malak ruined Revan's original plans, the Exile has had to step into the gaps, and continue the job Revan started, with the bonds you mentioned....

That is why i do think if done well the KOTOR 3 will be a two part game.

Revan's story and Exile's story.

Kotor 3 one part: Revan's POV

KOTOR 3 two part: Exile's POV

I do think those two POV can cover alot of terrority if the developers develop the game correctly

I do think those two POV can cover alot of terrority if the developers develop the game correctly

We've already played Revan and the Exiles stories though. All thats left is the final conflict... I think a new character to shape would be good.

Hildegard, I agree mostly with all you wrote.

Hopefully there will Revan and the Exile in the Third one. Maybe the new character that we would play would be a Jedi (with a lightsaber already o:) ) and would try to find Revan and the Exile beyond the outer Rim.

I mean I love Revan and I love The Exile but we played them for more than 50 hours respectively. A new character would be nice.

I would very much like to hear your comments or maybe critics regarding this topic or my perpective. Thanks....

Excellent thoughts there...I do hope that turns out to be the story...I would like to play Revan again...Didn't really get attached to the exile...But then again would rather a new character than the exile again.

As long as Candyman is in it...(Give me that romanace option dang-it all)

And some better clousure to past NPC party members...I'll be happy as a clam.

Cheers,

FD

I'm sorry but I don't agree. I think we played The Exile's story point of view more than enough in K2. In my opinion I would like to play K3 with Revan or better with a new character.

I think that they should hold off on KOTOR 3 and make expansion packs for KOTOR 2 one for the light side and one for the dark side that way players could choose directly the path that they wanted to take and I think they would have more fun pursuing one cource in a fully developed game for thier character/path of choice.

More than likely most people would like to buy both expansion packs just to see how each ends up ( thus doubling the games profits $$$$). Which would mean more money for the KOTOR 3, which would mean an all out better game. I have read many fourms and many people would like to have their same characters imported into the next game right where they were in level and class. Face it they have bonded to that one character after 40 + hours of game play.

Then KOTOR 3 could be developed with a all new game engine where you would be allowed more character customization, looks, race, hair length esp. for woman, age. I think that a more dramatic change in the characters apearence when on the dark side would be awesome.

I think that they should hold off on KOTOR 3 and make expansion packs for KOTOR 2 one for the light side and one for the dark side that way players could choose directly the path that they wanted to take and I think they would have more fun pursuing one cource in a fully developed game for thier character/path of choice. 

More than likely most people would like to buy both expansion packs just to see how each ends up ( thus doubling the games profits $$$$).  Which would mean more money for the KOTOR 3, which would mean an all out better game.  I have read many fourms and many people would like to have their same characters imported into the next game right where they were in level and class.  Face it they have bonded to that one character after 40 + hours of game play.

That's one crazy idea you've got there, but i'm afraid it wouldn't work out. The double game profite you said would mean double money investment in those expansion packs. Expansion packs are always risky and especially to release 2 expansion packs in the same time, that would be a huge risk - it would be either a great success(which I doubt it becouse many are sick and tired of this current game engine and want a new one and all sorts of new thinghs, things that an expansion pack can not achieve, only a new game could) or it would be a massive failure as I said. Your idea is somewhat interesting but I don't think it would work.

I dont see any "facts" ... I see a lot of interpertation of dialogue that exists in the game.

I decided that I hate Kreia character, not because she is a bad character but because so many players decided that Kreai holds "the absolute truth" to Star Wars universe as she is a crazy old women that manages to know lwss that I do.

drakron.png

I dont see any "facts" ... I see a lot of interpertation of dialogue that exists in the game.

I decided that I hate Kreia character, not because she is a bad character but because so many players decided that Kreai holds "the absolute truth" to Star Wars universe as she is a crazy old women that manages to know lwss that I do.

Hey Drakron I tried to stay as objective and realistic as possible... and tell me why would she lie... just because you decided that you don't like her and that she is a bad character... Ask your self why would she lie? She tells you about the future after you have defeated her, she was as good as dead. And she said she loved you in a way and that she will give you the last gift - an insight in the future.

Why would the game developers lie and misslead thousands and thousands of K2 players in the end by Kreia lying? Drakron I agree with you that she was an old crazy witch, but her lying in the end just wouldn't make sense.

The talk about the future with Kreia were clearly foundations for KOTOR3 because much was left unanswered. Now we can go on and on fighting was she lying or not, guess the correct answer know only the story writters...

Just because she belives something does not make it true.

You want a example?

The Sith Empire was destroyed by the Republic in the Great Hyperspace War, Korriban was not in "the fride of their empire", it was their Tomb World and ignore by the Republic Fleet because there was nothing of military importance there.

"True Sith"?

What is that, is the actual Sith (that none of this "New Sith" are, they might be using Sith knowledge but that does not make then Sith) or is something else, the game dialogue is messy in that department.

Another thing Yoda is clear saying "the future is always moving" since choices affect the future, what Kreia might have seen does not mean its going to happen ... no matter what Dantooine will be just ruins in Ep. IV time.

Besides there is another problem, if OE ignored what BioWare made in KotOR (they re-writed a good part of the Mandalorian wars if we take what NPCs say as fact, expecialy when such NPCs were not even there in the first place like HK-47 that thinks it was build after Malachor V but in KotOR was send against Mandalore himself after being captured in Mandalorian space) there is nothing stoping who ever makes KotOR III applying the same treatment to the story?

... With I would prefere, this game storyline is too messy and inconsistence with Star Wars continuity, I know a lot of people have some ideas of how the ancient Sitb are but that was done in the Great Hyperspace War.

drakron.png

I'm sorry but I don't agree. I think we played The Exile's story point of view more than enough in K2. In my opinion I would like to play K3 with Revan or better with a new character.

for the long time wanted revan to the pc and i'm staying with it. but if not revan i rather see a new pc. exile was ok...but i think i had enough of the exile on my 6th time thru tsl.. i know you were just giving example but if they use revan and exile i think exile pov should come first then revan.

Just because she belives something does not make it true.

You want a example?

The Sith Empire was destroyed by the Republic in the Great Hyperspace War, Korriban was not in "the fride of their empire", it was their Tomb World and ignore by the Republic Fleet because there was nothing of military importance there.

"True Sith"?

What is that, is the actual Sith (that none of this "New Sith" are, they might be using Sith knowledge but that does not make then Sith) or is something else, the game dialogue is messy in that department.

Another thing Yoda is clear saying "the future is always moving" since choices affect the future, what Kreia might have seen does not mean its going to happen ... no matter what Dantooine will be just ruins in Ep. IV time.

Besides there is another problem, if OE ignored what BioWare made in KotOR (they re-writed a good part of the Mandalorian wars if we take what NPCs say as fact, expecialy when such NPCs were not even there in the first place like HK-47 that thinks it was build after Malachor V but in KotOR was send against Mandalore himself after being captured in Mandalorian space) there is nothing stoping who ever makes KotOR III applying the same treatment to the story?

... With I would prefere, this game storyline is too messy and inconsistence with Star Wars continuity, I know a lot of people have some ideas of how the ancient Sitb are but that was done in the Great Hyperspace War.

Hey Drakron all you said stands.... This is a problem with K2, the K1 had a firm and claer end - with LS you save the Republic and the Sith are in a disarray and with DS the other way around...

With K2, the end was somehow inconsistent, a lot of questions where left unanswered and they left a lot of material and speculations about the possible next episode - K3, because they didn't have a firm end like in K1.

Yes, the OE ignored some elements of the K1 story made by Bioware. I think that that was by my opinion a mistake to disrespect and change the past story.

And then it is natural for you and for anybody else to ask themselfs will the game developer of K3 respect the story of K2 and especially the story in the end of K2 with your talk with Kreia about the future.

But if they don't then why would it be called K3? Then they could simply name it a new game with no or very small connection with KOTOR story...and I think that's not a very good idea...

I agree that K3 doesn't need to be excatly in details as Kreia said in the end but I see no reason why she would be wrong about eveything and mislead as all about the future.... The players are already somewhat frustrated with K2 - and if they change K3 to have no connection with K2 end, that would surely meet a great discomfort and oposition from the players community...

I can understand your doubt regarding Kreia because she was lying and manipulating The Exile during most of the game, but as I said, her totaly being wrong or lying about the future would just be apsurde...

kotor 2 was a fine game. sure it had it's shortcomings, but overall it really wasn't that bad. the thing about kotor 2 is, you're either going to like it or not, there really is no in between.

people who like it will tell people that it's good, but the poeple who hated it will tell everyone. because of that, more people who haven't played the game will get the impression that it sucks when they really have no idea.

over all, i think it all comes down to sales. if kotor 2 does well, then obsidian will more than likely make kotor 3.

And then it is natural for you and for anybody else to ask themselfs will the game developer of K3 respect the story of K2 and especially the story in the end of K2 with your talk with Kreia about the future.

It reminds me of Fallout.

Fallout 2 simply had to decided what happened in Fallout 1, Kreia talking about the future does not mean what is going to happen expecialy since it does not matter what she says unless they want to use Dantooine and/or Telos again.

TSL have no story besides "there were 3 guys that were killing stuff and they died" ... nothing in TSL affects much the Star Wars universe.

Besides you really think that Star Wars EU is simply going to allow the Jedi Order to be destroyed at any point in time until the Great Jedi Hunt?

But if they don't then why would it be called K3? Then they could simply name it a new game with no or very small connection with KOTOR story...and I think that's not a very good idea...

What you think this game was?

They used the name to sell the game, you think its going to be diferent in KotOR III when they realize they can put out anything called KotOR and it sell and get great reviews?

I can understand your doubt regarding Kreia because she was lying and manipulating The Exile during most of the game, but as I said, her totaly being wrong or lying about the future would just be apsurde...

Oh?

Yoda said to Luke to not go to Bespin and we all know what happened.

So who do you trust?

A 900 years old Jedi Master or Kreia ... sure she have no reason to lie but in Star Wars you CANNOT predict the future since its "always in motion", the future is afected by choices and the best one can see is a possible future.

Palpatine also forseen his victory at Endor and he lost.

drakron.png

I would really appreciate if you read this, it's long but I hope it will be worth your time and patience.

I would like to talk about KOTOR3 and to try to get an insight of it, to try to learn about it only through facts from KOTOR2, especially from the end of KOTOR2 and your talk with Kreia about the future.

I'll start from Kreia's sentence about why Revan came back to Malachor V: "...and he came because Malachor, like Korriban, lies on the fringes of the acient sith empire, where the true sith wait for us, in the dark."

Later during your conversation she also says: that, as we know that Malachor and Korriban belong to the edge of the true sith empire, the true sith have forgotten about them...for the time being...and that  they WILL REMEMBER and that Revan knew that.

Perhaps that is why Revan went to bring the fight to them, to attack them first, in The Outer Rim rather then wait for them "to remember", to return to the known-republic space. Maybe he did that in order to protect his loved ones (Bastilla, Carth.....LS ending of KOTOR1) to spare them the suffering and the war with the true sith.

What I don't understand then is how he planned to fight the entire sith empire singlehandedly or did he really went alone?...never mind that.

Kreia said that I have to go after Revan because he will need all the help he can get from all warriors, Jedi or Sith(Dark Jedi). I think by that she probably  meant all available and capable fighting force in the Republic-known space. I say that because Kreia said one interesting thing when she talked about the future of Dantooine: "...they will be driven back from Dantooine, the raiders, the mandalorians and ALL THAT SHELL STRIKE AT THE OUTER RIM."

That is why I think that everybody from the Republic-known space, all fighting capable armies, clans, individuales... will go The Outer Rim to fight the true sith, which would result in a war of an epic proportions.

To back that up Kreia said in the end: "...I sense it has one last journey for you . You must go where Revan did, into the unknown regions, where the sith, the true sith wait in the dark for THE GREAT WAR THAT COMES."

Sounds to me like "the great war" that is coming means then that the Jedi, possibly the Dark Jedi, Republic forces, Mandalorians, Raiders, various clans - I mean everybody as I said from the Republic-known space versus the true sith empire in The Outer Rim.

The only problem would be who would be able to unite them all given the fact their diferent views of life, power, politics, sense of right and wrong, you name it. The answer is The Exile naturally.... he draws people around him, in particulare those powerfull and those strong in the force...and as Kreia said he is a natural leader - but these are now ideas not hardcore facts about the future.

I also think that KOTOR3 will be the end of this saga, it makes sense, Kreia also said: "You must join Revan and do battle AT THE END OF ALL THINGS."

Maybe by that she only thought about The Outer Rim as the edge of the galaxy or maybe she thought that as an end of an era, a closure of a time in the history of the galaxy, but who knows.... All further speculations on further developments would be pure guessing.....

first off dont make it sound like revan was a LS, cause most likely he was DS. That just doesnt seem prob. if he was a SithLord and then he turned light

ANYWAY

i hope that Kotor3 isnt all that, cause if everyone joins 2gether than wtf, what choices will i have to be good or bad cause we will all be fighting against the same enemy.

besides if it is all true than it kinda would mess up the movie plots, and ext.

i just hope its a new sit. with a new person. Cause i dont want 2 start as the exile cause they wouldnt start us off strong cause that would be ****in gay. Idk i just want revan back, but i would want 2 be him cause he is awesome

if they did do kotor3 liek that it would suck..........atleast i think it would

it would destroy your ultimate quest to do w/e u want

It reminds me of Fallout.

Fallout 2 simply had to decided what happened in Fallout 1, Kreia talking about the future does not mean what is going to happen expecialy since it does not matter what she says unless they want to use Dantooine and/or Telos again.

TSL have no story besides "there were 3 guys that were killing stuff and they died" ... nothing in TSL affects much the Star Wars universe.

Besides you really think that Star Wars EU is simply going to allow the Jedi Order to be destroyed at any point in time until the Great Jedi Hunt?

They used the name to sell the game, you think its going to be diferent in KotOR III when they realize they can put out anything called KotOR and it sell and get great reviews?

Oh?

Yoda said to Luke to not go to Bespin and we all know what happened.

So who do you trust?

A 900 years old Jedi Master or Kreia ... sure she have no reason to lie but in Star Wars you CANNOT predict the future since its "always in motion", the future is afected by choices and the best one can see is a possible future.

Palpatine also forseen his victory at Endor and he lost.

Hey man I can understand and I share a part of your frustration with Bioware or Obsidian regarding the storyline in K1 and especially with K2, but there is always hope.... no matter how small it is.... it still shines through the heavy clouds of developers lack of style and imagination blinded by the heavy rain of fat dollar bills which becomes, as always, more important then the satisfaction and joy of thousands up on of thousands of dissapointed and deceived players....

O.K. I'm going to stop because I'm starting to sound really corny....

I think I can agree with you somewhat here. We have someone who is seen both as the GREAT DECEIVER and as MOSES at the same time!

All in all, a well-written character but there should have been someone more trustworthy to prophesy like that at the end.

I think LA essentially told them "you can do anything you want as long as you end up where you started".

That's exactly what they did. Very enjoyable game IMO but nothing is resolved.

And you knew the galaxy was never in any real danger primary because you knew Kreia was playing everybody (including those 2 undead guys).

"Fallout endings" dont really work in Star Wars.

I find it hilarious when OE says that LucasArts told then to leave the story open and what did they do?

They created a ending for their characters (except Bar-Dur) and the planets in the games.

I think what the story needed was someone counter balance what Kreia was saying as "true", such as the Exile being a wound in the Force and all that nonsense about ripples in the Force, instead we have the "Jedi Council" (if we can call then as that, I dont) reinforcing Kreia theories.

Its no wonder people assume Kreia is right since at no point does the game tries to show a counter point to her ideas.

drakron.png