Stuck on Dantooine

This is my third time through the game, first as DS. I've never had a problem completing the planet before.

This time when I first talked to Zherron, I didn't choose to take on the mission where you are supposed to deliver the "go ahead" mission to the mercenaries. I kinda skipped that part of the dialogue and figured I'd come back to it.

Now when I go to him, that conversation option does not come up. Also, the disciple is not in Khoonda like he should be. After the Jedi Enclave he says he'll go there if you have any more question, but there is just a big empty space where he should be.

In short, I can't tell the mercs to "go ahead" which is making it so that I can't go into the crystal cave and rescue Vrook. Without that happeining I can't get the point where you try and defend (or destroy) Khoonda when the mercs come to attack.

Sucky thing is, I don't have any save games before Dantooine, I'm damn sure not going to do the planet all over again. Any suggestions or should I just quit wasting my time with this game?

This is my third time through the game, first as DS.  I've never had a problem completing the planet before.

This time when I first talked to Zherron, I didn't choose to take on the mission where you are supposed to deliver the "go ahead" mission to the mercenaries.  I kinda skipped that part of the dialogue and figured I'd come back to it.

Now when I go to him, that conversation option does not come up.  Also, the disciple is not in Khoonda like he should be.  After the Jedi Enclave he says he'll go there if you have any more question, but there is just a big empty space where he should be.

In short, I can't tell the mercs to "go ahead" which is making it so that I can't go into the crystal cave and rescue Vrook.  Without that happeining I can't get the point where you try and defend (or destroy) Khoonda when the mercs come to attack.

Sucky thing is, I don't have any save games before Dantooine, I'm damn sure not going to do the planet all over again.  Any suggestions or should I just quit wasting my time with this game?

No, do not quit...Use the Skip Peragus mod and try again ;)

This is why I advocate Skip Peragus so much, because these bugs occur far too often, and the only way to fix them is to start a new game, and since Peragus takes me nearly an hour to complete even if I rush through it, I just can't afford to waste that sort-of time.

Oh, and if you do Dant first, PLEASE watch for Vrook, and NEVER go into a physical match, you will be killed on his second attack..Use thermals and plasmas and lightning, and hide behind the left-side tree, Vrook almost never follows you behind that tree, you can heal up real fast then spam him again.

a) have u asked the administrator of Khoonda for permission to enter the enclave?

b) Have u had the dialogue option where Zherron tells u about the kinrath pest?

c) If u dont say go ahead to the Mercs something else will happen. I wont tell you what.

-jim

What says he hasn't already been to the Enclave Sublevel? What he describes sound like a bug more than not having completed certain quests ;)

What he says sounds more like he has been to the sublevel but forgot to pick up the datapad. The errand to tell the mercs to 'Go ahead' is purely optional and in fact requires good Persuade to get in the first place.

The only notable bug I've encountered there so far is that the droids fight on your side even if you set them to defend hostiles, which is exactly what I did in my last playthrough (I had hoped that this would make the battle slightly more interesting, which is also the reason why I did not deliver the message). Oh, and the usual scripting error whereby baddies like Vrook can stun you in a cutscene even if you're immune.

Ahh it is ok...I 'll just call you young padawan from now on :geek:

Anyhow g'luck finishing Dantooine

-jim

I will call him "My Young Apprentice", just like my Nephew and my g/f who I have to train every day ;)

Man, did I learn a lot about training people during my times as the lead training officer in LSF and CGF, before I went solo...