A good read...

eckertt001

***SOME SPOILERS BELOW***

"You could figure out that you were a wound in the force after only a few hours of play? I somehow doubt it."

That's ok. That doens't mean it's not true. Not to mention who the Big bad was obvious which i figured out in the first interaction.

As far as I know, the concept of a wound in the force has never been introduced to Star Wars prior to KotOR2. Because of that, the earliest you could figure it out was when you speak with Visas and Kreia about Nihilus on the Ebon Hawk, though even then to figure the Exile's secret out would be quite a stretch.

By that time in the game, you have gone through Peragus, Telos, and half of your first planet. I honestly cannot remember how long it usually takes to get to that point on one's first playthrough (anyone want to help me out here?), but I'm sure it's more than two or three hours.

As far as Kreia goes, you're right.

"Who could blame Skynet? He's such a cute, innocent, steel-bolted robot."

-Gauntlet

Not sure how a Troll became able to throw off a topic so far, but anyway...

The article was a fairly decent read, and although not right on, had some useful info. Since I'm graduating in two weeks with my CS degree (FINALLY!) I am trying to soak in all the final tidbits of advice I can before having to mass mail my resume to places like Obsidian (hint, hint). Anyway, thanks for the post.

Not sure how a Troll became able to throw off a topic so far, but anyway...

The article was a fairly decent read, and although not right on, had some useful info.  Since I'm graduating in two weeks with my CS degree (FINALLY!) I am trying to soak in all the final tidbits of advice I can before having to mass mail my resume to places like Obsidian (hint, hint).  Anyway, thanks for the post.

My comment wasn't serious in the first place. Geez people lighten up!

• 4 weeks later...
***SOME SPOILERS BELOW***

As far as I know, the concept of a wound in the force has never been introduced to Star Wars prior to KotOR2.  Because of that, the earliest you could figure it out was when you speak with Visas and Kreia about Nihilus on the Ebon Hawk, though even then to figure the Exile's secret out would be quite a stretch.

To me the "secret" of your character being a wound in the force wasn't so much a twist as a new development in the story. Kreia ultimately being the enemy would be the "twist" (despite being able to figure it out rather quickly).

IE. It wasn't a "oh I didn't expect that one coming" or... "Oh they tried to fool me there but I figured it out!"

Rather it was a "Oh thats a neat explanation."

So I would still say that he was right in his assessment that both had twists (you=revan and kreia=evil) that were relatively simple to deduce.

-toasty

I think K2 is the best game Ive ever played, but to make a gross understatement, the ending sure could have been a little more elaborate.

edit: Yes, Ive played KoTOR and virtually every major game for the PC since 1993.

Oh dear... you're beyond help I'm afraid. :ermm:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I don't feel that KotOR2 was a shocking disappointment.

I didn't either. I just hope who ever makes KOTOR 3 will be up to the task. Hopfully Obsidian or Bioware will make it.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

My only point was: "what do you expect the developer to say?"  Feargus should've kept his mouth shut.

The same could be said of you. Is there ever any other point you try to make other than this game (and Obsidian) sucks?

Well hearing the truth is sometimes painful, so I understand why so many people resent me for posting.

My only point was: "what do you expect the developer to say?"  Feargus should've kept his mouth shut.

The same could be said of you. Is there ever any other point you try to make other than this game (and Obsidian) sucks?

Well hearing the truth is sometimes painful, so I understand why so many people resent me for posting.

The truth? That was a opinion not a fact.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

• 3 weeks later...
The truth? That was a opinion not a fact.

My opinion is my truth, just as your opinion is yours.

No one's opinion is truth. Not even your so called God! You all shall fall before me and burn in... (w00t)

Strangely enough, KotOR2 never felt like a disappointment to me. I really like the game, I've had a lot of fun playing it and I love some of the things Obsidian has done with it. But the amount of bugs and "missing" features surprised me and annoyed me sometimes.

Since you're one of the few who wasn't "disapointed"... :)

I absolutely loved KotOR2 and relished every moment of the game. I grew very attached to the characters, especially Kreia. I thought the dialogue was interesting and I always wanted more.

In the end, I liked KotOR 2 more than KotOR1... because it was -darker-.

My 2 cents.

It wasn't a disappointment to me either.

My big disappointment early on was the game locked up my XBox non-stop, and ate save games as it would freeze while trying to save, or load.

However, eventually I loaded the game to my HDD and I never had a problem after that. I played 40 hours with no bugs or lockups.

I firmly believe most of the problems stemmed from LucasArts shipping bad discs. Once I was no longer playing the game off the disc, the game ran fine.

I had fun, and I liked the story.

Strangely enough, KotOR2 never felt like a disappointment to me. I really like the game, I've had a lot of fun playing it and I love some of the things Obsidian has done with it. But the amount of bugs and "missing" features surprised me and annoyed me sometimes.

Since you're one of the few who wasn't "disapointed"... :)

I absolutely loved KotOR2 and relished every moment of the game. I grew very attached to the characters, especially Kreia. I thought the dialogue was interesting and I always wanted more.

In the end, I liked KotOR 2 more than KotOR1... because it was -darker-.

I liked what OE did with Kreia's character; the K1 characters were all very one-dimensional, and adding some shades of grey to K2 was a Good Idea.

I am curious, however, as you grew so attached to the characters, how did you feel about them at the end? What is your opinion as to what happened to them? One of my disapointments was the lack of closure for these characters. Were you satisfied with this part of the game?

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

It's 'ridicule'.

And I didn't run you over the coals. I just called you out. You're a troll. Sadly, you need to point out trolls so people don't feed them. I'm not trying to piss in your cheerios. I am trying to deflate futher arguements by pointing out that it's not worth arguing with a troll.

It's 'ridicule'.

And I didn't run you over the coals.  I just called you out.  You're a troll.  Sadly, you need to point out trolls so people don't feed them.  I'm not trying to piss in your cheerios.  I am trying to deflate futher arguements by pointing out that it's not worth arguing with a troll.

All I'm saying is that you're as much of one if not more than I.