parts for the hk droid

Everywhere. No, seriously :D Just search all the vendors on the planets, and you'll find them.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

MySpace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=44500195

You can also get one from the trio of HK's who ambush T3 at Vogga's warehouse on Nar Shaddaa.

Alright, I'll just give the most common locations:

Vocabulator - First HK-50 you slaughter on Peragus

Droid Processor - From the leader of the three HK-50's on top of the Telos Academy...Or bought from Kodin on Nar, or Akerre on Dant..

Droid Chassis - ONLY can be obtained in the T3 vs. HK-50's fight, to my knowledge.

Droid Control Cluster - Can be obtained through Akerre or Kodin, one or the other will have it.

Pacifist Package - From the female Rodian on Nar..

The Pacifist upgrade is totally needed if you want to get all the experience that you can from HK-47...I always have full influence with HK, T3, Hanharr, and Kreia, no matter what...The rest of the team is really worth nothing compared to the attribute, experience, and force point bonuses you can get from those four NPC's :lol:

There was one game where I insisted on using HK and Goto, I gave HK a fully upgraded Disruptor Rifle and Goto twin Rippers, they literally ripped through everyone, I never had to use a single Force power except for Master Speed, in fact :lol:

HK and Goto can really kill just about anyone if you give them fully upgraded disruptors :lol:

The vocabulator and Chassis are unique and unbuyable parts.  If you did not loot them off of HK-50s who are unavoidable due to plot, then you can't build HK-47.

Not sure about that. I think the three merchants that can have HK parts will be configured to have something that is still missing, if there is something still missing.

In my last game I definitely had a chassis left over at the end. I went to Kodin a while before T3's hour of glory, because I needed the XP from rebuilding HK early. The chassis was the only thing still missing and a chassis was what Kodin had. In an earlier game he had a processor and I think in another game a control cluster.

So it is not inconceivable that one of the merchants (or the spare part donor in the warehouse) might have a vocabulator if you forgot to loot one on Peragus. Since I always pick up the vocabulator I don't have a save that I could use to check, and replaying Harbinger, Citadel and Telos just for checking this small factoid would be stretching things a little. If I play ever again I'll keep it in mind, though currently I feel more like a game of KotOR or NWN (where the way you develop your character matters because enemies can actually kill you).

Completed the game 3 times now, and never had ANY randomness in the HK-quest:

Parts from Peragus/Telos needed (can also be bought in Dantooine/Onderon)

Nar Shaddaa: The T3/HK-50 Fight (Unique part)

Kodin (unique part)

Kodin's part isn't unique part.

Kodin's part is not unique.  The Central Processor and the Control Cluster are both buyable, and you loot one of them off of the HK-50s on Telos.

The Chassis and Vocabulator are unique.

Yes, and Kodin has the vocabulator....

I've never seen him with the Vocab, not in five dozen games...I'll go through his INI to find out if he actually sells it...Be back in a few..

Kodin's part is not unique.  The Central Processor and the Control Cluster are both buyable, and you loot one of them off of the HK-50s on Telos.

I've never seen him with the Vocab, not in five dozen games...I'll go through his INI to find out if he actually sells it...Be back in a few..

Ok, he has the ability, but the chances against it actually being on sale are astronomically stacked against the chance of getting the processor or control cluster...

Ok, he has the ability, but the chances against it actually being on sale are astronomically stacked against the chance of getting the processor or control cluster...

Then I must be a real lucky b*sterd for getting it always, 3 games in a row...

Then I must be a real lucky b*sterd for getting it always, 3 games in a row...

Yeah, everything that gets spawned by the dealers is totally random...One time I got a Kaiburr from Oonda, another time I landed a Rubat...Even very early in the game I can land some very hot items...