Which Boss is Most Badass?

I vote for Vrook, early DS game :thumbsup:

There is no way to physically fight with him if you take him first, he will just slap you to death in two hits, so you have to use tactics to outmaneuver him..

The rest of the bosses were totally pathetic by comparison, Hardcore mod or not...For some reason, Vrook has an insane physical defense and will kill after the second Master Flurry...Something I'll take care of with my re-balance mod...I will definately be making the bosses tough, and they will each have their own unique way of attacking and defending...I can't stand it when the bosses use NO tactic other than spamming you with lightsaber attacks and the occasional blast of lightning...

Malak was a lot tougher for me than anyone but Vrook in K2...Malak at least spammed me with powers and didn't sit there trying to kill me with his weak schwartz-stick ;)

Plus I intentionally let Malak heal himself by draining the Jedi corpses all the time...Wanted to make sure he was at his best when I hacked him apart ;)

I havent played DS yet, so no fighting the masters.

Hmmm. Maybe the 3 HK's on Telos the first time I played. They kept using Power Blasts. Took me a few tries. Hanharr on Malachor.

I beat all the real bosses on my first try.

Uggh, Malak. First time playing, it took me a good hour or so of fighting/dieing/reloading to beat him. Scoundrel 8/Guardian 12.

Didn't have a problem with Vrook but then I visited Dantooine after Nar Shaddar. The closest to dying I had was with Mira first time round cuz I didn't convert her to Jedi and didn't expect to have to fight Hanharr again. She was using melee then instead of blasters.

Vrook would have to be hardest for me....He kept healing himself and he's no slouch in the light-saber department either.

Mira versus hanharr fight was tough my first go through because I had NO pistol's for her at all...she must have died a dozen times before I thought to run Hanharr through all the mines :lol:

Honestly, Kreia was the only one who managed to kill me. Thanks to her silly Lightsabers.

My brother would argue that the Tank Droid was the toughest. I saw him fight most the bosses, he beat them all easily, but the Tank Droid? Nooooo, that damn thing killed him some twenty odd times.

Because i always played on the Light Side, i do not know how it is to fight the master Jedis, something i plan to do for my next game. ;)

The one that killed me the most times were the 3 lightsabers... until i realized that i had better chances if i just ran away and try to face them 1 or 2 at a time. :lol:

Does the sparring match between you and the 5 Handmaidens count? 'Cause that was hard. Didn't make it the first time, actually.

"My brother would argue that the Tank Droid was the toughest. I saw him fight most the bosses, he beat them all easily, but the Tank Droid? Nooooo, that damn thing killed him some twenty odd times."

What's wrong with your brother? The tank droid is a goddamn wimp. Heck, the fight vs. the mercs before entering the Telos base is harder than the droid is (mostly because your party refuses to stick together and, well, gets raped).

9/30 -- NEVER FORGET!

Does the sparring match between you and the 5 Handmaidens count? 'Cause that was hard. Didn't make it the first time, actually.

"My brother would argue that the Tank Droid was the toughest. I saw him fight most the bosses, he beat them all easily, but the Tank Droid? Nooooo, that damn thing killed him some twenty odd times."

What's wrong with your brother? The tank droid is a goddamn wimp. Heck, the fight vs. the mercs before entering the Telos base is harder than the droid is (mostly because your party refuses to stick together and, well, gets raped).

Spam the droids with Lightning and Storm later on, EVEN if you are LS :thumbsup:

Forget Disable Droid, that power gets saved against far too often for me..

As for the rest...The Mira/Hanharr duel is INSANELY easy in a melee contest, you simply have to know how to handle that carpet :p

Having Mira DS Mastery and having Prestige Padawans also helps a great deal...Sith Assasin=De-strung Carpet ;)

That's cool and all, but why'd you quote me?

"No, I swear, I even tried several times with his character, but the damn thing just assraped his character. He killed ****ing Vrook in three swipes but the tank droid ripped him apart."

That's funny, 'cause I just run at its face and hacked away: dead in like three rounds.

Of course, my character was an 18 INT Sentinel with megaskillz, so I had awesome equipment (and since it was a base full of droids, it was all anti-droid stuff).

9/30 -- NEVER FORGET!

Don't think any of the boses were hard although following Skies of Arcadia's end boss, hard did take on a new meaning for me.

Hardest part was a 3am job walking into a room full of what looked like inactive turrets. :">

Dont think I used as many shields in the rest of the game.

GOTO's yaht with only two characters was interesting.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

"GOTO's yaht with only two characters was interesting."

Meh. Kreia and Atton were surprisingly badass.

Try Kreia/Hanharr or Kreia/Mira :lol:

Mix up Kreia's badass Force spam with the l33t skillz of Mira/Hanharr, and you can see why I love dominating Goto's pitiful ship 8)

Pah! Goto's ship is too large, it's harder to properly defend...There should have been CEILING turrets as well in some rooms ;)

I'll take a light freighter/transport or advanced fighter anyday over a heavy freighter like Goto's ship ;)

Well, since I went straight to the Audiance Chamber, Mira's |33t skillz wouldn't have been much use for me, mostly because they pale in comparison to mine.

Well, of course, but hey, what can I say? I like the self-named Bounty Hunters 8)

There's a new class of Sith: Sith Bounty Hunter :lol:

Hrm...That gives me another mod idea...Create unique Jedi classes for Mira and Atton instead of giving them a simple Sentinel conversion! :D

That's cool and all, but why'd you quote me?

"No, I swear, I even tried several times with his character, but the damn thing just assraped his character. He killed ****ing Vrook in three swipes but the tank droid ripped him apart."

That's funny, 'cause I just run at its face and hacked away: dead in like three rounds.

Of course, my character was an 18 INT Sentinel with megaskillz, so I had awesome equipment (and since it was a base full of droids, it was all anti-droid stuff).

I know. In my games I even stopped bothering to save before fighting that thing because it presents no challenge. I have absolutely no idea why it killed my brother's character so quickly. Especially since he was a 19 DEX Sentinel with a mad defense, not to mention had Kreia storming the damn thing.

Tank droid was difficult the first time I played through KOTOR2. I was using a Consular that didn't have Force Shock / Lightning at the time, and kept trying to lob ion grenades.

Eventually, I gave up on that, and simply decided to make use of Atton's demolition skills, and lay a bunch of mines where the droid would eventually spawn.

Most difficult boss? Probably the Twin Sun twi'lek ladies. Again, on my first time playing through the game. I hadn't turned Atton into a Jedi yet, and hadn't taken time to give him any decent melee wares. I had to exhaust my entire supply of Mandalorian power shields and Mandalorian melee shields, to get through that encounter.

Tank droid was difficult the first time I played through KOTOR2.  I was using a Consular that didn't have Force Shock / Lightning at the time, and kept trying to lob ion grenades. 

Eventually, I gave up on that, and simply decided to make use of Atton's demolition skills, and lay a bunch of mines where the droid would eventually spawn. 

Most difficult boss?  Probably the Twin Sun twi'lek ladies.  Again, on my first time playing through the game.  I hadn't turned Atton into a Jedi yet, and hadn't taken time to give him any decent melee wares.  I had to exhaust my entire supply of Mandalorian power shields and Mandalorian melee shields, to get through that encounter.

Buwhahaha...Come on! You mean you couldn't see that half your party was Jedi the first time through...? Wow...You'd be the first one I've seen asides from the 12-15 age bracket who never saw that ;)

I mean, when you go through Nar, those twin Twi'Leks will ambush you to inform you about Atton, it is UNAVOIDABLE if you don't have Atton in yer phar-tay ;)

Anyways...Lightning/Storm spam works wonders against droids...Wave and Destroy Droid get saved far too often for my tastes...

I love having 400 FP's with my Marauder ultima-builds...PWNAGE! :lol: I walk up to a huge number of enemies, give one of my closet Sentinels Storm, and Kreia Storm, and then we all just spam it while everyone gets extra crispy around us 8)

Nihilus is ok I think, but he doesn't use Master Power Attack as much as I like...

Buwhahaha...Come on! You mean you couldn't see that half your party was Jedi the first time through...? Wow...You'd be the first one I've seen asides from the 12-15 age bracket who never saw that :lol:

I didn't have enough influence with Atton at the time, since it was the first planet after Telos. None of the characters were Jedi at the time, since you need influence, and in the case of Handmaiden, at least L18.

Different people play the game differently, and there's nothing wrong with finishing Nar Shadaa first, and if anything, I respect those who did, since it required a bit more thinking than simple Force power spamming and hack and slay.

I mean, when you go through Nar, those twin Twi'Leks will ambush you to inform you about Atton, it is UNAVOIDABLE if you don't have Atton in yer phar-tay 8)

Again, if you don't have enough influence built up with Atton, he'll refuse. Very common if someone does Nar Shadaa first, and doesn't go through every chance to gain influence.

Why don't you try Nar Shadaa as your first voluntary planet the next time you play? I think you'll find it an enjoyable challenge.

Buwhahaha...Come on! You mean you couldn't see that half your party was Jedi the first time through...? Wow...You'd be the first one I've seen asides from the 12-15 age bracket who never saw that ;)

I didn't have enough influence with Atton at the time, since it was the first planet after Telos. None of the characters were Jedi at the time, since you need influence, and in the case of Handmaiden, at least L18.

Different people play the game differently, and there's nothing wrong with finishing Nar Shadaa first, and if anything, I respect those who did, since it required a bit more thinking than simple Force power spamming and hack and slay.

I mean, when you go through Nar, those twin Twi'Leks will ambush you to inform you about Atton, it is UNAVOIDABLE if you don't have Atton in yer phar-tay ;)

Again, if you don't have enough influence built up with Atton, he'll refuse. Very common if someone does Nar Shadaa first, and doesn't go through every chance to gain influence.

Why don't you try Nar Shadaa as your first voluntary planet the next time you play? I think you'll find it an enjoyable challenge.

I did, and I still got him to be a Jedi by the time I finished up with "Master" Zez-Kai :D

You just have to know how to pull everyone's chains at the proper moment early in the game ;)

hehehe...when manipulating others is your speciality, well, it came naturally to me as I played the first time...

I will admit that intiially I didn't know much about that when I first played K1, but I caught on by the second time I played it.

After K1, K2 was purely pwned...K2 was just far too simple after unilaterally mastering K1 ;)

Twi'lek twins are easier to take out with a good blade rather than a lightsaber due to the shielding they wear.

So I used my elite double blade to kick their asses.

Other than that I had troubles killing Kavar on Darkside. Even when Onderon is your last planet I am convinced that he is on the superbadasses in KOTOR2.

In KOTOR 1 I had trouble with Bendak Starkiller but I tried taking him out with level 4 heh. I shudda waited for level 8 or 9 at least.

-jim