Who's the new tragic heroine?

In KOTOR II, who played the role of the tragic heroine this time?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. In KOTOR II, who played the role of the tragic heroine this time?

• Brianna the Handmaiden
    • Visas Marr
    • Mira
    • Master Lorna Vash (just a thought)
    • Other (plz state)

Atris - All she wanted was to get into the Exile's pants, and well between the wars, the Jedi Code, and influence of the Jedi Council, you know......

See, that's where the Jedi Code went all wrong. All that unexpressed lust.... :blink:

She is a hateful villain who hates everything.

Hey, she is trying to save the universe. You can't always do that without breaking a few eggs and get your halo dirtiy :wub:

This reminds me of the life lesson I learned from playing Day of the Tentacle: Sometimes to save the world, you have to push an old lady down some stairs.

Wow, I get it now! I just barely got NWN like 2 weeks ago... Man, is it time consuming...

I'd say Atris is tragic, but there is Brianna and Visas, so I couldn't make up my mind. One question that's been bugging me, though: What happens to Aribeth in the end? Spoilers would be much appreciated (I'd look it up in the editor, if I could... :) ). Is it like a Bastila thing, or is there no romance involved, and can she be redeemed? A little off-topic, I know, but I see no point in looking forward to our encounter unless I know what to look forward to. I know she goes traitor, though...

:ph34r:

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

Wow, I get it now! I just barely got NWN like 2 weeks ago... Man, is it time consuming...

I'd say Atris is tragic, but there is Brianna and Visas, so I couldn't make up my mind. One question that's been bugging me, though: What happens to Aribeth in the end? Spoilers would be much appreciated (I'd look it up in the editor, if I could... :rolleyes: ). Is it like a Bastila thing, or is there no romance involved, and can she be redeemed? A little off-topic, I know, but I see no point in looking forward to our encounter unless I know what to look forward to. I know she goes traitor, though...

She CAN be redeemed, but only I believe if you are a male character, she has to respect you through your previous choices, its not easy as far as I remember, but it follows a romance backstory, I only did it once, and that was funny as hell cos I was playing a Dwarven Druid. the concept of Miss Haughty Elf Ice Maiden falling for my rustic midget was quite amusing.

If you get to play HotU she does make a cameo, though there are certain discrepancies, notably in that it assumes a certain path was taken through the first game with regards to her redemption (i.e. she wasn't). But HotU was so good it doesn't matter. In that game again you may get a chance to redeem her and there's more romance. If you enjoy elven icemaiden types you'll love that I expect. Though personally I preferred the advances of the lusty Valshakaress (sp?) even if she was just using me *s*

I'd say Atris is tragic, but there is Brianna and Visas, so I couldn't make up my mind. One question that's been bugging me, though: What happens to Aribeth in the end? Spoilers would be much appreciated (I'd look it up in the editor, if I could... :p ). Is it like a Bastila thing, or is there no romance involved, and can she be redeemed? A little off-topic, I know, but I see no point in looking forward to our encounter unless I know what to look forward to. I know she goes traitor, though...

She CAN be redeemed, but only I believe if you are a male character, she has to respect you through your previous choices, its not easy as far as I remember, but it follows a romance backstory, I only did it once, and that was funny as hell cos I was playing a Dwarven Druid. the concept of Miss Haughty Elf Ice Maiden falling for my rustic midget was quite amusing.

If you get to play HotU she does make a cameo, though there are certain discrepancies, notably in that it assumes a certain path was taken through the first game with regards to her redemption (i.e. she wasn't). But HotU was so good it doesn't matter. In that game again you may get a chance to redeem her and there's more romance. If you enjoy elven icemaiden types you'll love that I expect. Though personally I preferred the advances of the lusty Valshakaress (sp?) even if she was just using me *s*

Or even the drow elf assassin Nathyrra :wub: It is possible to romance both women, aribeth and nathyrra at the same time in HOTU

Or even the drow elf assassin Nathyrra  :wub: It is possible to romance both women, aribeth and nathyrra at the same time in HOTU

Yes, and if Aribeth is a Blackguard, they'll have a nice catfight...

...after which they show considerable wisdom. :p

"If at first you don't succeed... So much for skydiving." - Henry Youngman.

Visas, definately. The handmaiden isn't that tragic, yeah she kinda had a tough childhood. Sibling rivalry really sucks. However, I think Visas's story of having her whole homeworld wiped out, and then being taken as a slave by some really creepy dude who can't even talk, is a little more tragic. Of course I'm biased because I think Visas is pretty hot, and am not at all impressed by good ol' buzz-cut brianna.

The proper literary definition of a Tragedy is a story in which there is a moral victory but physical defeat.

There is a difference between something that is sad, and something that is tragic.

Going by the proper term in literature, the most tragic character in the game is Kreia, since Kreia was forced to fight the exile to the death thereby empowering him.

Actually, Kreia's tradgedy is her self-destructiveness. That is the point in a tradgedy. One of the characters has a trait that leads to their 'tragic' downfall.

Kreia was insane. She knew what she was doing would kill pretty much everything, but did it anyway to prove a friggin point to the Jedi Council. Come on, if you wanna prove a point, look it up on Google, don't kill all sentient life! Or, if that fails, find some hobo and dress him up as a professional Whosa-watsit with a very convincing script! :blink: :ph34r:

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."