Mira's purpose on Nar Shaddaa?

I'll post some images of this storyline stuff that people either have not managed to access through certain dialogue choices, or because they simply are too ignorant of the game's inner-workings to know how to get to these lines of dialogue...;)

Um...let's play nice here k?

Thank you for those wise words!

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

The PC can ask Mira how her family could have died at Malachor as there were no civilians there. Mira replies that the only people there were Jedi and Mandalorians and Jedi don't have family. Her parents weren't Jedi.

She considered the Mandalorians that took her as a slave to be family, because they took care of her. Mira would have only been about 12-14 at Malachor and it depends on where her homeworld was as to when she became a part of the Mandalorian clans. She may not even remember her real parents.

"They might not call you a Jedi anymore, but believe me, you are. It's not the sort of thing that you just stop being. You're stuck with it, just like you're stuck being the General." ~Bao-Dur, Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords

There were Republic soldiers at Malachor as well. As a matter of fact, a majority of those on the surface were loyal to the Republic. Revan killed two birds with one stone, or planet as the case may be.

She blabs about you being her bounty on a few occasions (example: when you have her head the team to go to Freedan Nadd's tomb on Dxun). I never got why a few NPCs are there myself...

Why are _____ here?

Fill in blank with: Mira, Atton, Disciple, G0-T0 (other than to annoy the hell out of you), Bao-Dur.

Kreia is your master training person, the droids just sort of follow you around (Because they're droids), Visas is going to lead you to her master (which in itself isnt a very good reason), and Mandalore is going to "reunite the clans". (Why can't he just take some of his Mandalorians with him in a ship like the one he too to Onderon with Exhile and Team Member?!)

It was the same in KotOR. I had no idea why Carth, Jolee, Juhani, Mission and Canderous. Zaalbar had some sort of life debt and Bastila was "guiding you on the path of the Light Side". Mission said something ridiclous about tagging along with Zaalbar (why?!) and Jolee said that he was only with you because you had a ship. After Taris, Candy had no reason to even be on the Hawk... Carth gave no reason at all to come with. He could've gone back to the Republic after fleeing Taris with you.

signature2.jpg

Fanfics:

KotOR II: After the Credits Rolled: Read

Force Sight: Read

Other:

Gaming Blog: Read

She blabs about you being her bounty on a few occasions (example: when you have her head the team to go to Freedan Nadd's tomb on Dxun). I never got why a few NPCs are there myself...

Why are _____ here?

Fill in blank with: Mira, Atton, Disciple, G0-T0 (other than to annoy the hell out of you), Bao-Dur.

Kreia is your master training person, the droids just sort of follow you around (Because they're droids), Visas is going to lead you to her master (which in itself isnt a very good reason), and Mandalore is going to "reunite the clans". (Why can't he just take some of his Mandalorians with him in a ship like the one he too to Onderon with Exhile and Team Member?!)

It was the same in KotOR. I had no idea why Carth, Jolee, Juhani, Mission and Canderous. Zaalbar had some sort of life debt and Bastila was "guiding you on the path of the Light Side". Mission said something ridiclous about tagging along with Zaalbar (why?!) and Jolee said that he was only with you because you had a ship. After Taris, Candy had no reason to even be on the Hawk... Carth gave no reason at all to come with. He could've gone back to the Republic after fleeing Taris with you.

Answers:

1. Candy needed to make himself powerful again, he had been fighting with pitiful little criminals on a rich-man's world.

2. Candy needed to hide in Revan's shadow to regain his lost glory, and Revan, somehow, had the old Mandalore's Helmet :D

3. Zaalbar and Hanharr are present for ONE reason, alone: They are slaves, if not yours, then slaves of other people in the galaxy...Tell me, between YOU and THEM, who do you think they'd rather be shackled to..? At least with YOU, they can rip everyone's arms off without even needing to ask about it first :D

4. Jolee...He stays because he's a Consular/Jedi Mastar, and guess what? Those types *ALWAYS* stay near people with POWERFUL DESTINY'S! I have NEVER EVER seen a SINGLE Jedi Master/Consular, who has EVER passed up the chance to be right next to a person with a POWERFUL DESTINY, "Destiny" seems to draw those "Brainey Jedi" like an elecro-magnet :D

5. Carth...Carth is there for much the same reason as the droids and the furballs...He is a slave to the Jedi, and once he discovers that you are a Jedi, he becomes yours because his duty to the Jedi Order is appearently more important to him personally, than his loyalty to the Republic, which is falling to pieces around his ears >_<

Mission said part of the reason she came along was to look for her brother...that and sticking to Zalbaar like glue since they were best friends.

Canderous said traveling with Revan he may finally find opponents worth fighting again.

Jolee says he saw the destiny we had before us and didn't want to pass up the chance of a lifetime (in his case twice in a lifetime) to see where it would lead.

Master Vandar assigned the whole crew from taris to aid you along with Bastila and Juhani (If you saved her). That includes Carth.

Did I miss anything?

Cheers,

FD

Mission said part of the reason she came along was to look for her brother...that and sticking to Zalbaar like glue since they were best friends.

Canderous said traveling with Revan he may finally find opponents worth fighting again.

Jolee says he saw the destiny we had before us and didn't want to pass up the chance of a lifetime (in his case twice in a lifetime) to see where it would lead.

Master Vandar assigned the whole crew from taris to aid you along with Bastila and Juhani (If you saved her). That includes Carth.

Did I miss anything?

Cheers,

FD

You missed quite a bit, probably because you ignored my last post on this subject :)

But, I will forgive your ignorance, this time...

Anyway, remember one thing:

The Jedi Order/Council (WHATEVER) knew that you were the only hope for the galaxy...The Sith, and even Malak, knew this as well, which is why Malak was trying to find you, because you were the ONLY true threat the Sith Empire at that point in time, faced.

If he could either turn you to the Dark Side, or use your past to kill you psychologically, then he would be in a position to wipe you out and take his place as the rightful ruler of the Sith Empire..

Of course, we know how things of that nature ultimately turn out...The apprentice will always try to defeat the Master with the Sith...It is their way of things...The Master's duty is to put that apprentice back into his place if he fails to defeat him...That is all Revan was ever doing, putting his wayward apprentice back into his place.

Anyway, this line of discussion is detracting from the topic at hand, which is Mira, not anyone else :devil:

Mmm... Back to the MIRA thing...

I KNOW she said the Jedi Master had hired her. She says so.

Fine, so she didn't technically harm you and that was a vast improvement when compared to what about every other bounty hunter had in store for you, but still...

I'm just not entirely convinced she wasn't going to sell you to Goto anyway.

Dunno, but I didn't exactly get the feel from her conversation with Visquis that she was "protecting" (AKA having you unconscious in a safehouse) for some higher purpose... Hell, the same could be said about the conversation with her before getting drugged. :p

Besides, shouldn't she have warned ZKE right on the spot?

Seriously, me thinks she pulled one on the old guy...

omfg have u seen the avatar that starwars.com made for her? she looks FAT and very unnatractive...... :lol: , matter of fact all k2 people do...

Not a shock, George has NO respect WHAT SO EVER for the Expanded Universe, he has betrayed it time and time again since the inception of the Prequels...The more he betrays, the more rage I feel...One day, it will come to the surface...One day...