What mods do you use?

Ok, I know everyone uses the mods at least twice ;)

So, what's your favorite lineup? This is mine:

Skins/Models:

Mandalore's Mandalorians (Changes the blue/yellow/red Manda's to use Mandalore's Armor, very cool and makes them look more predatory ;))

Colja's DS 3-Pack (I can't live without this one, but I use an alternative Bao-Dur darkside skin, I only use the Brianna and Male PC reskins myself..)

Hanharr Refined (Makes the Wookie of Death darker, which is a definate plus in my book ;))

Military Spec HK Series (This thing is mandatory for me...I can't stand the one-tone paint jobs on these droids...makes me puke to see the father of all assasin droids have a puke-orange skin...)

Mira Re-Skin (This is one of the older ones out there, this basically gives Mira a far more stylish look with redder hair and a much nicer outfit)

Monster Packs 1 and 2 (Mandatory, for the obvious reasons that you fight them all the time ;))

Prequel Saber Blades (This is pretty cool in my book...I thought there was far too much saturation with the original blades...)

Vader's Saber Hilt (This is what makes using a Red Lightsaber badass ;))

Gameplay/Effects Mods:

Anti-Speed Blur (I need my buffer effects, but I *HATE* speed with a passion, as it nearly turns me blind for 36 seconds ;))

Force Crush FX (This is the original that I use, I don't like the one posted a few days ago because it sounds like the inside of a mother's womb while digesting a cow)

Demolitions-Based Grenades and Rockets/Darts (This is what makes pumping points into demolitions worth the investment ;) I love getting 200 damage with a thermal, bwuhahaahahha :p )

Prestige Padawans (If you manage to get your Jedi NPC's to a certain alingment percentage, they will become a prestige class according to their original Jedi class, which means 2 Assasin's and 2 Marauders, potentially...I can't live without this mod...It is a total must-have for me)

Skip Peragus (Ok, this is just way too long and boring after having done it uptillion times, and I just cannot con myself into putting up with it every time I want to make a new build ;))

Hardcore Mod w/ Hard setting (If you mod, you need this...I'd say you need this even if you never use any other mod! K2 is simply way too easy to beat without Hardcore)

Force Power Gain (This is a new one that enhances each Jedi Class's Force Power gains for various level-ups...There was one made for K1 that was a huge success, this is the K2 edition, and it's just as nessasary for maximum enjoyment ;))

Item Packs:

Envida's 1.3 Complete Mods (Totally needed if you use Skip Peragus and Hardcore, the items are balanced well with the start of a new game)

Prestige-Class Robes&Items Pack (This is somewhat not needed, but it's great to have later in the game if you are using Hardcore ;))

PC Beginning Items Pack (This gives you some vibro-weapons that are incredibly useful in getting on your feet while using Hardcore)

I do not endorse the use of Exile's Item Pack and similar mods because the items are way too imbalanced, even for use with Hardcore. When I did use this mod with Hardcore, I was doing about 400 total damage with twin sabers and master flurry and speed...That was against the toughest enemies in the entire game, too...Even with Hardcore running full steam...

Very rarely will I use the 100% Influence mod, usually only if I'm going to make Mira darkside and still make DS mastery before my second planet ;)

I use no mods at all. Well I might use the skip Peragus mod, but that's it. I simply haven't found any other mods that sounds good to me.

But then again, maybe that's because I just don't care for all those re-skins and new saber hilts that seems to make up 90% of the mods.

I use no mods at all. Well I might use the skip Peragus mod, but that's it. I simply haven't found any other mods that sounds good to me.

But then again, maybe that's because I just don't care for all those re-skins and new saber hilts that seems to make up 90% of the mods.

Hardcore is still needed...This game has some really crappy scripting, and unless you make the enemies tougher, the gameplay is just stupid, killing off Sith Lord's and Marauder's with one hit like that isn't my cup-o-tea :p

I use no mods either. I rarely use mods in any game, I'm just funny that way. If I get bored enough of a game to consider using mods, usually that means that even with the mod I'd still find it boring so...

The exception was Morrowind - I used a lot of small mods for that game, although I still never used any that changed the actual gameplay.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I use no mods either. I rarely use mods in any game, I'm just funny that way. If I get bored enough of a game to consider using mods, usually that means that even with the mod I'd still find it boring so...

The exception was Morrowind - I used a lot of small mods for that game, although I still never used any that changed the actual gameplay.

Well, for a game designer like myself, it's something of a nessesity...Heh...Can't live without drastically re-designing a game to fit my dreams more accurately :D

Hardcore is still needed...This game has some really crappy scripting, and unless you make the enemies tougher, the gameplay is just stupid, killing off Sith Lord's and Marauder's with one hit like that isn't my cup-o-tea :p

I have only played it once so far (I'm waiting for the patch before bothering giving it a second go), but I most certainly didn't kill Sith Lord's with one hit...

Maybe you are powerful enough for that if you are an extreme powerplayer, but I am not. So for me, the game works fine.

But if you want a challenge, just use auto level up - like I did in KotOR I... :D

Well, for a game designer like myself, it's something of a nessesity...Heh...Can't live without drastically re-designing a game to fit my dreams more accurately  :D

I'm not a game designer, but I feel this way too...

Every single game I like, I have this incredibly urge to mod... no matter how damn good a game is, it can always be *better*.

The only problem is that I rarely have the skill/patience to mod these games seriously. :D

I have only played it once so far (I'm waiting for the patch before bothering giving it a second go), but I most certainly didn't kill Sith Lord's with one hit...

Maybe you are powerful enough for that if you are an extreme powerplayer, but I am not. So for me, the game works fine.

But if you want a challenge, just use auto level up - like I did in KotOR I... :D

You think I'd let a random program have control over me and my input? What are you high on??

Pah! At least when I use my ultima-builds, Hardcore will keep me from wiping out everyone in one hit ;)

I never use kids'-table ****...I always play my best with every game. Anything less and I'm just not expanding on my skills and they will get dulled if I do anything less than my best ;)

I've only played one game of KotOR 2 so I won't be using mods till I've done the four main combo's.

But even so, I hardly use mods for any game. The only mods I used in KotOR were the "no fighters" (no *random* turret game), and my Star Forge/Duel of the Fates music change.

I am considering that Peragus mod though....the Endar Spire was short and tolerable but Peragus is the never-ending-story.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

These are what I have in my override folder:

• My very own rebalance/level cap restore mod.
  • Prequel sabers. Damn, those look cool.
  • I borrowed the visualeffects.2da from Hades' Rebalance Mod.
  • Shimaon's Head mod. Uthar Wynn's head is the best DS male head, ever.
  • XCom's sparring gauntlet (and Carth pager :)).
  • Some minor tweaks to other .2da files I did for aesthetical reasons.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I don't use any mods. I accept the game as it is and usually if I install anything, I install only official patches or updates. Maybe I'm weird, but I get bored with downloading mods and other stuff after spending hours in caffe and downloading FIFA and Jedi Kinght II mods, that was some years ago. Now I got connection to the Force... uhm, to the Internet in my home and I don't like wasting time on searching, downloading, checking if there's somethin' new, I just play and have fun from the game itself, not the mods.

Of course some mods look good, but I just play the game as it was made. Just my opinion (I'm not goin' to discuss it, some people like mods, if you do, ok, but I just don't love them). ;)

Mods are located at http://www.pcgamemods.com/6

I use he mod that lets you build Lightsabers and Robes and armor and basically everything on the Lab/Work bench basically I'm just lazy :rolleyes:

Statemeant: you cannot stop me you cannot harm me, in order to do that I would need to stop being one of you; I have concluded that this is something I am willing to accept!

In short you have just shown me your soft meatbag-like underbellies and said

Mods are located at http://www.pcgamemods.com/6

I use he mod that lets you build Lightsabers and Robes and armor and basically everything on the Lab/Work bench basically I'm just lazy ;)

For K2 section, it's /10 instead of /6 ;)

yeah or you can just click on the link to the page its right on the ttop bar :rolleyes:

Statemeant: you cannot stop me you cannot harm me, in order to do that I would need to stop being one of you; I have concluded that this is something I am willing to accept!

In short you have just shown me your soft meatbag-like underbellies and said

Because I have a LOOOONG modding history with the X-Wing series, I naturally just extend that to other games I own...Ever since I started modding X-Wing DOS with some rudimentry hex editing tools back in the day, I've been doing it ever since ;)

Hm...Maybe I could try to fix some K2 issues with hex hacking then...? :D

I remember when I HEAVILY modified Final Fantasy 7 on my PSX by slaughtering it and slaving it to my PC, I was Ruby Weapon, lol ;)

I worked with a few guys from the old FF7 PC website who were working to totally revamp FF7 PC...We had some success, but then XWA came out and I was too devoted to the X-Wing series and I left the FF7 PC revamp project, and after another 4 months, the site shut down...sigh...

I remember when I managed to give my Seph four full limit breaks with graphics, that was a riot ;)

There are sweeping differences between developers, testers, and end-users...I know most of you here aren't hardcore, life-long developers, so I understand why you don't use mods, but it really can improve your gameplay experience if the mods are put through their paces before release and they are balanced...

I suck with graphics stuff (can't hold my mouse hand steady enough), so I relegated myself to coding, scripting, story-writing, and mission design, and every once in a while I'll do sound&music stuff...

I'll admit, I need the graphics wizards to make things enjoyable for me and for everyone playing my mods...Yes, there is much strife between the graphics guru's and the coders, but ah well, at least it's not as nasty as the warring between testers and developers :rolleyes:

Mods are located at http://www.pcgamemods.com/10

Also, most of the modding talk I know of goes on here:

Holowan Labs/LucasForums

Alas, I'd be there if I could get Lucasforums to send me a damn activation email, but it never seems to work, no matter how many times I try to register...sigh...

Some forums have some really cruddy programming, Lucasforums is one such board....The search function doesn't even work for the Force's sake! :devil:

Even the XWA Upgrade has issues, in fact, they have identical problems to Lucasforums because their board system is so antiquated...

Sigh...I wish these people would just go to PHP or something...The old CGI/PERL boards are like way too dinosaur to be using these days :(