Romantic options

Sorry if this has been asked before, which it almost certainly has:

So I know you can woo Visas ("I want to...look upon you" or whatever it is she says) but what about the others? Can you seduce the lovely Hnadmaiden or the carrot-toppped Mira?

If you're playing as female, again, what are your options?

Cheers in advance!

I don't think there are any real "romances" in the game. The closest you get for a male Exile is the Handmaiden, who seems to have that kind of feelings for the Exile according to what Visas and Kreia says, though she never admits it herself.

I have difficulty seeing the relationship with Visas as "romantic" in any way. I think it's on another level. When she says "love" I don't interpret that as love of the romantic kind, but rather the kinship kind of love. She feels attached to you since you're a natural leader, the only one who can defeat her Master and put the ghosts of the past to rest (the destruction of her homeworld, which drove her down the dark side in the first place), and she feels you can understand her since you've suffered a similar sort of loss. That creates feelings of kinship.

Mira doesn't have a romantic interest in the Male Exile. Sure he's supposed to be handsome and look 10 years younger than he really is. She thinks the Exile is too old, though I wonder how old she is herself since she fought in the Mandalorian Wars 10 years ago. The Mandalorians probably have no objections to using child labor or child soldiers though if the situation demands it.

As for the female Exile, the Disciple is not romantically interested in you. He worships you like an idol/hero. An image of you he first got when you briefly trained him in the force as a kid before the Mandalorian Wars started, and you apparently impressed him so immensely that he wanted you and no one else as a master.

Atton...well. There seems to be an interest at some level since he asks Bao-Dur about his chances with you. But it's nothing that hinted at much in any other place in the game. Since much of his "protective" conversation interjections is identical for both Male and Female Exiles, I believe he sees you more like his shot at redemption for what he's done in the past.

This is from a lightsider perspective though, since I've never played as a darksider in TSL. Though I doubt that darksiders get that much more loving and romance. :)

Atton...well. There seems to be an interest at some level since he asks Bao-Dur about his chances with you. But it's nothing that hinted at much in any other place in the game. Since much of his "protective" conversation interjections is identical for both Male and Female Exiles, I believe he sees you more like his shot at redemption for what he's done in the past.

Well, there are also the two little cut scenes where Atton tells Disciple to back off and such... but that only happens if you have more influence over Disciple than over Atton. (so basically you have to hit up Dantooine first)

But yeah, other than that... well, that's pretty much it, I think. Silly Atton.

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

Atton's Motivation July 30: CHAPTER 26 is up!

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

Brianna's seems more of a romantic kind of thing, and Visas does sound more like kinship (Like Atton's love for the Jedi woman: For showing him the 'way').

If only Atris had a "Good luck my love. And may the Force be with you." line, with the concept art actually used for her, then THAT would have been my favorite... ;) (Who says the line I quoted above? :p:wub: ).

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

Since much of his "protective" conversation interjections is identical for both Male and Female Exiles, I believe he sees you more like his shot at redemption for what he's done in the past.

Also, Visas' and Atris' lines are also virtually identical whether used for a male or female PC. A lot of lines I see people on this forum taking to mean that Atris/Visas loves your character...well, playing as a female exile, you get most of them too :(

Handmaiden and Disciple are the only really uniquely gender-dependent characters.

Disciple doesn't love the Exile in that way, because he sees relationships as something other than carnal. He says so. Sort of. Course, he also says he may, perhaps, even have 'feelings' for her. To me he sounds like a monk or priest trying to ignore feelings he's not supposed to have.

Atton - I agree about the redemption part. I mean, even his name could indicate that - Atton - Atone (I know it's pronounced differently but it's still suspiciously similar) - But I also think he believes he loves her - perhaps because he doesn't really know what it is, if that makes any sense. But in the end, he doesn't have it in him to do anything more than watch from a distance and be jealous of Disciple for no discernable reason, since Disciple seems content to do nothing but meditate and study star charts.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts