Lucas to re-release the Star Wars movies...

jaguars4ever

Its good to see that they finally got around to rereleasing the rereleased releases. I was scared for awhile that it would never get done

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

It's no big deal imo, they're releasing LOTR in 3D as well if early rumours are to be believed. As long as Lucas doesn't change anymore story elements it'll probably be pretty cool to see it in 3D.

We now bring you live footage from the World Championship Staring Final.

staringcontest8og.gif

I don't care for the older movies or the prequels, but the Death Star scene in 3-D would be pretty cool (if it wasn't just tacked on).

Ah, okay thanks. Lucas really has no class as an artist. Would you imagine an author getting away with rewriting his novel every five years? He makes me a little sick.

It

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

I hate Stephen King, but maybe I just don't don't like killer cars.

I don't think that I could appreciate what Lucas has done, even if I had liked his changes, there comes a time when you as an artist have to say that you as a person have changed signifcantly and can no longer be true to the person who created the original work.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

It's no big deal to me cause Old Trilogy today is just obsolete crap. Prequels are great and I'd like to see more movies by GL. Today he has better ideas than

20 years ago.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

I can gree that the original movies arent actually that good if you remove the rose-colored glasses of childhood. But I cant agree with the new ones being better other than on a purely techincal basis

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Why not? Obi-Wan is more interesting than old Obi-Wan. Anakin is more handsome than Luke (more powerful too) Amidala is a true lass when compared to ugly leia. You have more spectacular battles and lightsaber duels. Coruscant is better than cloud city or death star... I simply find more depth in this epic story about fall of Republic and jedi eclipse than primitive shooting to white stormies

(that's all that you can say about old trilogy).

Just compare upcoming slaughter over coruscant skies with endor skirmish...

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

The battles in the PT are only due to advanced computer technology we have today. Had Lucas access to today's technology in the 1980's the prequels would be crap compared to the OT.

And how do looks matter in the movies? Just because someone looks better doesn't mean the movie's better. For me, Sir Alec Guiness just commands much more respect and power than Ewan McGregor.

And EP 1 & 2 had horrible storylines. Trade federations, Jar Jar Binks farting, midichlorians all pale in comparison when you see the Imperial Fleet about to jump to hyperspace with Imperial March playing the background in ESB. Episode 3 might be better, I don't know.

And Luke is more powerful than Anakin. ;)

George Lucas remasters one of his films primarily to promote the new 3D-technology and not because he wants to sell a another edition of it.

This remastering is very time-consuming and expensive, so I think the complete trilogy won't be finished in this decade (if ever).

"Jedi poodoo!" - some displeased Dug

S.L.J. said he has already filmed his death scene and was visibly happy that he

Wait...I've been under a rock for the past few years. Anybody mind explaining to me what is meant by Ewan McGregor replacing the original Kenobi, Sir Alec Guiness?

I heard there were changes made to the OT when it came on DVD...but I already had them on VHS...so thought it would just be a waste of cash.

On topic...3-d sounds good. The battles would be terrific, imagine that line of walkers in ESB comin' right at you, blasting away at all the scurrying rebels. ^_^

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Why should Lucas innovate if he can milk his success till the day he dies?

Admit it, folks, you can criticize Lucas all you want, but in the end it comes down to this: successes on the scale of the Star Wars franchise are rare. If a person can come up with just one such franchise, he/she's set for life. The problem we all face is coming up with that one - Lucas did it, and for that you gotta respect him, regardless of how he acts afterwards.

There are doors

I hate Stephen King, but maybe I just don't don't like killer cars.

Stephen King has written quite a few bad books, but also quite a few classics. Along with the Stand, try It or Pet Cemetery, all of these books rock!

@Nur Ab Sal

Ewan McGregor has been the saving grace of the first two prequels. Imo, he

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

A good writer knows when to step away from his creation and let it go.

Lucas is many things....but a 'good writer' isn't one of them.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

Why doesn't Lucas just make a brand new trilogy of Star Wars films instead of always messing around with the OT?

I'd rather that be the case, that way if the films are good, then awesome I have 3 more Star Wars films to see. If they suck, then oh well, atleast he didn't further ruin the OT.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

A good writer knows when to step away from his creation and let it go.

Lucas is many things....but a 'good writer' isn't one of them.

Sure he is. Star Wars in an excellent book written by Mr. Lucas himself.

Ghostwritten. Alan Dean Foster wrote the novelization.

On topic, so what? George Lucas has seemingly let his underlings and fans rot his brain from years of their lavish praise. Forget all that Jar Jar and Mannequin Skywalker garbage, the whole story concept of the prequels is so fundamentally flawed.. I could type here till I am blue in the fingers and I still couldn't adequately describe the RSI I developed in my neck from shaking my head.

WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE.