Lucas to re-release the Star Wars movies...

jaguars4ever

Man, will he cut with the revisionistic bastardizations already? The sad part is most people will flock (yet again), to give him their money. >_<

" Lucas adds 'Star' power to 3-D campaign

George Lucas is such a fan of the latest 3-D technology that he is planning to remaster all of the "Star Wars" films for rerelease in 3-D. Appearing Thursday as part of a sextet of high-profile directors promoting 3-D and digital cinema at ShoWest, Lucas said he hadn't yet committed to a precise schedule but hoped to have the first film ready for the 30th anniversary of the original "Star Wars" movie in 2007, and that he then would rerelease one "Star Wars" film per year in 3-D.

Mar 18, 2005 - The Hollywood Reporter"

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr/searc...t_id=1000845986

manthing2.jpg

I just watched the DVD of Ep 4 the other day and the thing that stuck out the most was in the final scene he actually recolored Han Solos pants. Maybe he just has too much free time on his hands...

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

What "3-D technology"?

Also: This is insane.

Lucas & Cameron to Highlight Digital & 3D

Source: Texas Instruments DLP Products

March 15, 2005

"Texas Instruments today announced it will unveil the future of digital cinema and 3D movies at ShoWest, the largest annual convention for the motion picture industry, taking place March 14 - 17 in Las Vegas, NV. Texas Instruments has planned a landmark demonstration with "Star Wars" creator George Lucas and Academy Award

manthing2.jpg

...in the final scene he actually recolored Han Solos pants.

Yeah, insane.

Also:

This 3-D technology.

Ah, okay thanks. Lucas really has no class as an artist. Would you imagine an author getting away with rewriting his novel every five years? He makes me a little sick.

Lucas is quite obsessed with the universe he created.

Some might say a tad too obsessed.

Doesn't matter how he changes them or polishes them - to me SW will always be the memory of being 9 years old and seeing the original SW in the theater...and then seeing it again..and again. Pestering my older brother to take me etc. All the added stuff just seems to kind of degrade my idealized childhood memory. Some people don't know when to leave something alone, that's all. And yeah, I know I'm biased by that memory. heh

But...he did have a vision. :-

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Hm. Another excuse to watch the OT again. Works for me.

Yeah, just beware the part where Sir Alec Guinness is replaced by Ewan McGregor. <_<

----

So who will shoot first this time?

Greedo. Just Greedo. Han won't even shoot this time - Greedo's own blaster bolt will ricochet, thereby killing himself. <_<

manthing2.jpg

I don't think they'll be worth the bother. Except one scene, the battles and such were more impressive in the original movies. Just watched Episode V again last Saturday and it looks fine. I don't get it -- in the new movies, the actors are prettier, the graphics are prettier, but the overall visual impression is worse (or maybe it's because they are worse in general?).

...and they will also digitally change the color of Greedos pants.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Not interested. I bought the DVD's but beyond that I dont intend buying any more SW movies.

The only thing that could possibly make me change my mind. Was if he redid all six movies using lego, that I would pay to see.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

So who will shoot first this time?

One of the stormtroopers who enter the bar, they become suspicious of Greedo's activities with Han. That way no one will be able to complain that Han or Greedo shot first.

All is revealed here how greedo dies. look under 'coming soon on dvd' at the bottom of the page.

the funny thing is everyone criticised him for the way he did it the first through but he was young and stubborn. he had everything done a specific way even though everyone hated him for it, now everyone calls the originals "master pieces". i heard he even had to pay a fine because of the way he did the credits and the opening scroll text.

his more recent movies are more like other movies made today, as if he finally gave in and conformed to what everyone told him he did wrong. instead of shutting up the critics now they just complain more. i think he was more of a different person then which is why he was able do a small group vs an evil empire so well. he himself was pretty much up against an evil empire, almost everyone figured he'd fail. he would have too if the dude wasnt so stubborn and persistent. now its more like he runs the empire or has a high position in it, i think the new movies reflect the change.