Great Game, But Awful Ending. (1) IDEA 4 KOTOR3!!!

Ok well im playing kotor2 again, and i can already tell im gonna stop it even before i go back 2 telos, and thats just how bad the ending sucked. Now the game was great, but there was alot of let downs.

#1 let down: Ending, prob the worst ending in game history. The game builds up SO well and then BAM, 2 second ending. It was worse than the first ending. I say we have a game were u could keep playing, but no company is gonna put the time for that

#2 let down: Apprentices, ok i guess it was just me hoping, but i thought that you were gonna be able 2 have an apprentice. I mean atton and eveyone learned in like a day, when it should have took half the game, and then didnt bow, ro meditate, it was just extra dialog options, and they taught me more than i taught them

#3 let down: Unreplayable. Its so hard 2 play again, im playing it for the second time and after typing all this im gonna go play Halo2 online, instead of kotor2.

#1 THING THAT SHOULD BE ADDed FOR KOTOR3!.............is.......that the game should become a MORPG. Now i know that some people are thinking that it would be horriable, and trust me i thought the exact same thing, but just think about it. From the start you pick your side, and you start 2 rise thro the ranks, and there is a jedi councel(for the highest jedi ranks) and sith lords(highest sith ranks) and there would just be battles all the tiem. Kinda like World of War Craft, but not as douche. There is alot more 2 say but takes 2 long 2 type. It might take a while, but if microsoft put enough money, and put alot of ppl 2 it, then it could be done in no time.

-Matt

I was going to agree (atleast somewhat) with your points until I got to #4 (which for some reason you called #1 again). Making KOTOR a MMORPG would have made the game 1000000 times worse than what people complain about it now.

If they ever make KOTOR (or any of my favorite RPG series) into a MMORPG, I can say with 100% certainty that I would NEVER play the game. Ever.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I was going to agree (atleast somewhat) with your points until I got to #4 (which for some reason you called #1 again).  Making KOTOR a MMORPG would have made the game 1000000 times worse than what people complain about it now.

If they ever make KOTOR (or any of my favorite RPG series) into a MMORPG, I can say with 100% certainty that I would NEVER play the game.  Ever.

*blinks*

*boggles*

Uh, SWG anyone?

Yeah, even I was a little disappointed about the apprentices part...It was really cool how you turn them into Jedi/Dark Jedi, but after that they don't learn anything from you. They don't say "Thank You Master" or something after you teach them a new Force technique or something. I was hoping for something along the lines of the relationship between Qui Gon Jinn and Kenobi.

Ya number 4 or 1 reissued or whatever is really the only thing I can't agree with. I don't have time to compete against Jr. high schoolers on summer vacation, and I don't recall you ever saying that it would be a bad idea, I think that it was mentioned in your 1st or 2nd post.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Yeah, even I was a little disappointed about the apprentices part...It was really cool how you turn them into Jedi/Dark Jedi, but after that they don't learn anything from you. They don't say "Thank You Master" or something after you teach them a new Force technique or something. I was hoping for something along the lines of the relationship between Qui Gon Jinn and Kenobi.

Could have done that. IF you were willing to sacrifice the number of NPCs.

The question of teaching is simple. Do force powers appear out of no where ? If not then you must have been teaching them during those long trips through space and leveling up represents that moment when it all comes together.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Ya number 4 or 1 reissued or whatever is really the only thing I can't agree with. I don't have time to compete against Jr. high schoolers on summer vacation, and I don't recall you ever saying that it would be a bad idea, I think that it was mentioned in your 1st or 2nd post.

I completely aree I'llbe down my course this year and be working so my gaming will be cut in half. I don't want to be playing against Junior high school kids that have no jobs and responsibilities and have all the time in the world.

good point, well this is coming thro the mind of a 17 year old, and im sure that a full grown 40 year old man can some how fix it into a perfect MORPG, i just cant describe it.

#1 let down: Ending, prob the worst ending in game history. The game builds up SO well and then BAM, 2 second ending. It was worse than the first ending. I say we have a game were u could keep playing, but no company is gonna put the time for that

Really? I never thought it was that bad. Halo2's ending is worse than this.

#2 let down: Apprentices, ok i guess it was just me hoping, but i thought that you were gonna be able 2 have an apprentice. I mean atton and eveyone learned in like a day, when it should have took half the game, and then didnt bow, ro meditate, it was just extra dialog options, and they taught me more than i taught them

I didn't like that they could be Jedi at all.

#3 let down: Unreplayable. Its so hard 2 play again, im playing it for the second time and after typing all this im gonna go play Halo2 online, instead of kotor2.

I don't find it less replayable than KOTOR 1.

#1 THING THAT SHOULD BE ADDed FOR KOTOR3!.............is.......that the game should become a MORPG. Now i know that some people are thinking that it would be horriable, and trust me i thought the exact same thing, but just think about it. From the start you pick your side, and you start 2 rise thro the ranks, and there is a jedi councel(for the highest jedi ranks) and sith lords(highest sith ranks) and there would just be battles all the tiem. Kinda like World of War Craft, but not as douche. There is alot more 2 say but takes 2 long 2 type. It might take a while, but if microsoft put enough money, and put alot of ppl 2 it, then it could be done in no time.

Only as an extra feture that doesn't have a monthly charge.

I **HATE** MMORPG's. You guys have it right. It's these pathetic 12 year olds who have no life playing them all day and night. Plus, I despise the whole concept of them. You have to pay to play? Also, if some jerk in your group has crappy connection, everybody suffers. And all the intangibles. Lord Butt said to complete the quest and he'd give us all Dragonscale armor. So where is he? Not playing? Oh crap!

I could go on, but I wont.

No.