Chris Avellone at Gamespot.com!

I think that you've more than made your point: you hate Chris Avallone.

I also think that you're trying to incite flame wars...but that *could* just be me...

And you wonder why the world has religious fundamentalists... :D

Anyway, the Gamespot interview was slightly predictable. The interview at NMA was way more fun reading.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

• 2 weeks later...
Mr. Avellone graces the pages of Gamespot in their feature-of-the-week "Everything is possible: Inside the Minds of Gaming's Master Storytellers"

Check it out!

Mr. Avellone is now a star...star...star...I wish I had a better attention span so I could read all of that but what does it matter I'm already thinking about something else now.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

• 4 weeks later...

Well ... that's interesting. I now know why I've played every game a couple of the writers have created, and NONE produced by one of the interviewees in particular.

But at least the article answered one question I had: why certain people haven't chosen publishing fields rather than video games for their talents. I'm not complaining, mind you. I love my games, and some of the stories that have been told are irreplaceable. But from what I've seen, book publishers are a pretty desperate--or a pretty sad--lot any more.

Maybe it also sort of explained why Jane Jensen's novelization of the GK series was an abomination. Sigh.

Keep writing, Mr. Avellone; and keep publishing for PC.

Keep writing, but stick to IP's you create. You blasphemed Star Wars!!!! :)

You mean like the Planescape setting..? :thumbsup:

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Keep writing, but stick to IP's you create. You blasphemed Star Wars!!!! :lol:

You mean like the Planescape setting..? :cat:

Be careful with irony... It seldom goes through to the one you point it at...

BTW, I can understand why Star Wars fans are upset with MCA's writing. It is against nature to have a multilayered and ambigious story when it comes to Star Wars. Characters that aren't obvious clich