What now?

After this last episode is over what will George Lucas do? If it were up to me i would take the original actors from episodes 4-6, since they're old and make movies that go with the children of the jedi or the jedi academy books.

But then again Lucas might wind up screwing up the movies by not even goin by the books.

Ο κώδικας του sίτΗ

Η ειρήνη είναι ένα ψέμα είναι εκεί μόνο πάθος. Μέσω του πάθους κερδίζω τη δύναμη. Μέσω της δύναμης κερδίζω τη δύναμη. Μέσω της δύναμης κερδίζω τη νίκη. Μέσω της νίκης οι αλυσίδες μου είναι σπασμένες. Η δύναμη θα με απελευθερώσει. Μάθετε αυτό και θα είστε αντάξιοι της παρουσίας μου.

από μηχανής θεός

1022.gifsterb029.gifsterb025.gif

Maybe he should make a completely new saga of six episodes set in the ancient times (before KOTOR) you know Great Sith War, Freedon Nadd Uprising and those things. I'd very like to see Exar Kun and Nomi Sunrider.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

He will get fat.... sorry i mean he will get fatter off the riches of his empire and reach hutt like proportions. In a few years time he will release ultimate editions of the original trilogy thus fully realising his vision of a 3 part song and dance show starring sy snootles and featuring ewoks and gungans.

Seriously though i don't think another star wars film is likely - at least not set in the lifetimes of luke and co. The original actors are too old and nobody would want to appear in them.

I'm worried about Lucas touching another Star Wars movie, but the Star Wars fan in me still wants to see more movies. However, I want them to be original movies, with very little to do with the characters and events of Episode I to VI.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

If he does any more Episodes, I really hope he doesn't go by the books. They are bad enough on paper, I don't think I could stand them in full THX glory.

And of course, I hope he doesn't wait another 25 years to get started.

And about the TV show, wasn't it supposed to be set between Episodes III and IV? I don't think Luke as a Jedi master fits there.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

And about the TV show, wasn't it supposed to be set between Episodes III and IV? I don't think Luke as a Jedi master fits there.

Year I've heard that rumour as well, I'm not sure they have decided yet. If it was to be placed between Ep. III and IV, I think Boba Fett was posed to play a major role...

If he does any more Episodes, I really hope he doesn't go by the books. They are bad enough on paper, I don't think I could stand them in full THX glory.

And of course, I hope he doesn't wait another 25 years to get started.

I actually really enjoyed the Timothy Zahn books as they seemed set in the Star Wars universe - a lot of the others, although featuring Star Wars characters/planets/technology etc, just didn't seem to be Star Wars. Methinks that Lucas Film need to have tighter quality control...

Right now there are two eras that seem to be rumored more often than any others. One being the time period between RotS and ANH, and the other being a time period where Luke Skywalker is an old Jedi Master (so that Mark Hamill can resume his role at his current age) starting his new Jedi Order (not necessarily following the events of the NJO).

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I'm not sure an X-Wing series would do well. The general masses, who only know Star Wars vaguely, will probably be asking where the glowing swords and magic guys are.

I'd like to see how Lucas destroys NJO series + Stackpole/Zahn mediocre production by making series that contradicts vongs and thrawns.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

I just want hot, lightsaber-wielding, chicks in dark cloaks.

...and flying pirate ships of gold and lightsaberwhips, but that goes without saying.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

To tell you the truth, I don't care what they do with the Tv series as long as it has one thing. Real sets! It just seems frustrating that every backdrop in the prequels looks like something made on a computer. As opposed to having half a dozen creatures or ships flying around in the background, just tell a decent story that doesn't rely on so much effects.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

LIES!! There's no such thing as a Star Wars fan! Didn't you hear? Luu-kas destroyed Star Wars. DESTROYED IT!! (w00t)

I think that Lucas will stop doing SW related stuff, the EU will go on, but the movies will end...at least untill after he's dead and the Lucas Film equvalent of Ike Eisner comes into power... <_<