A link that gave me a clue...

I for one do not understand this ending at all. Made no sense to me what-so-ever.

So for those of you in the same rut as I, I found this link that explains some of things, and shed a little light on that "ending" if thats what you can call it.

http://www.answers.com/topic/dates-in-star-wars

It's basically a timeline of all things Star-Wars, with indepth explations on a lot of things. Including the offical gender of Revan, and what side of the force he ended up on.

It also contains good explanations of Darth Nihilus, Darth Sion, Darth Traya, and a few others, but not all. And at least a more detailed explanation of the whole thing. Since the game didnt bother to explain it, or you had to talk it out of them, or whatever you needed to do. However the game did follow the correct timeline, names, places, people, etc. So really look at it, the game is correct. But there are still many loose ends to tie up!

Maybe thats why I've been seeing on some sites that this ending is an "Empire Strikes Back" type of ending. Well it defintely fits that description, IF KoToR3 closes all this junk up.

Anyway I hope you find this link as helpful as I did. BTW if you havent finished this game, I suggest not reading this yet. It doesnt contain any spoilers persay, but it does have facts that can lead to a spoiler.

Searched Google...a different board was having an arguement about Revans actual gender...

I searched for "Revan" and "Star Wars" and stumbled onto it...I was thrilled to find out this info!

Well, it was a great find. Wonder why I didn't think of that. :wub:

Funny that another board is having it's own gender wars. :D

I wish this link went into detail about the Exile. I don't understand what a DS Exile will do at Malachor V.

Well, it was a great find. Wonder why I didn't think of  that. :wub:

Funny that another board is having it's own gender wars. :D

I wish this link went into detail about the Exile. I don't understand what a DS Exile will do at Malachor V.

Good Question! Supposedly, the exile is to start his/her own Sith Academy/Order whatever they call it...but thats just a guess...

Since the light side ending is the exile and her crew start a new Jedi Order...that part is fact...according to the timeline...

Good Question!  Supposedly, the exile is to start his/her own Sith Academy/Order whatever they call it...but thats just a guess...

Since the light side ending is the exile and her crew start a new Jedi Order...that part is fact...according to the timeline...

That's strange. Doesn't a LS Exile fly away into the unkown to find Revan. His companions are the ones who will rebuild the Order. I only know of 2 ending in KoTOR 2. DS Exile stays or LS Exile leaves. Is there another?

That's strange. Doesn't a LS Exile fly away into the unkown to find Revan. His companions are the ones who will rebuild the Order. I only know of 2 ending in KoTOR 2. DS Exile stays or LS Exile leaves. Is there another?

If I remember correctly...

You never find out where Revan is because the Central computer on the Ebon Hawk was locked...HK47 made this discovery, and T3 blasted him when HK started asking questions...

Now whether or not you can unlock to computer...I do not know...

That was the only cinimatic I saw in reference to that, and since the game is buggy...a lot of those little fragments of scenes just skipped by...so I mave have missed something.

If I remember correctly...

You never find out where Revan is because the Central computer on the Ebon Hawk was locked...HK47 made this discovery, and T3 blasted him when HK started asking questions...

Now whether or not you can unlock to computer...I do not know...

That was the only cinimatic I saw in reference to that, and since the game is buggy...a lot of those little fragments of scenes just skipped by...so I mave have missed something.

Maybe KoTOR 3 will explain things. Only way to be sure. I assumed Exile left for the Outer Rim to search for Revan, and fight the "real" Sith. A couple scenes skipped by me as well. Well thanks for your help. Appreciate it. :devil:

Sorry but they pulled dates out of their behinds.

I am not going even to bother to find the inconsistences, seeing Tatooine discovery date was enough to see how much that timeline is wrong.

Sorry but I could care less about dates...lol...I just want info...and if its close enough...then thats fine with me. Im not about to analyze it into the ground to find out how many years its off. And if its totally wrong...then oh well, at least its a start. :devil:

Sorry but I could care less about dates...lol...I just want info...and if its close enough...then thats fine with me.  Im not about to analyze it into the ground to find out how many years its off.  And if its totally wrong...then oh well, at least its a start.  :)

Its a question of credibility, the date is much as a fact as what its said to have happened on that date.

If they made up dates what stop then from making up the events that were supposed to have happened on that date?

Besides its not like you are going to be found how many years are off because no actual date was given for many events, there is no date over how when the Sith Empire was formed, only that it was after the Republic was formed.

drakron.png

I hardly think an entry in answers.com can be taken as lore - it doesn't say that Revan is male, it says, "In the game Revan may be either male or female, but for the purposes of this entry we shall assume that he was male" - so it's the 'assumption' of someone that's not directly involved with either Obsidian, Lucas Arts or Lucas Film.

Its a question of credibility, the date is much as a fact as what its said to have happened on that date.

If they made up dates what stop then from making up the events that were supposed to have happened on that date?

Besides its not like you are going to be found how many years are off because no actual date was given for many events, there is no date over how when the Sith Empire was formed, only that it was after the Republic was formed.

I realize what you are saying, and it makes sense. However, that was never the intended purpose to this post. The sole reason for the post was, I did not know who or what, or whatever Darth Nihilius is or was. And you can throw in Darth Sion, and virtually ever other character!

Either the developers did a poor job of explaining these characters, or I just missed a lot of dialog from all those bugs. Either way, I was lost. The dates are really irrelvant to what I was looking for, I just wanted to find something of a description of the characters, thats all. And when I read it, it at least made sense, and I thought I would share it to those who are in the same situation as myself. I bought a game to be entertained, and ended up just scratching my head.

For example, from my perspective playing, I saw Darth Nihilius once, in a movie clip. Thats it. Next time I see him, Im fighting him. There was some talk about him, but it was all so damn vague. Yet, he is on the cover of the box! Bigger then Darth Sion! Who the hell is this guy??? That was my question, and that site answered it. Thats all. I knew it may not be accurate, but I got the explination I needed, and if anyone else is interested here you are.

Im not trying to portray it as 100% Star Wars facts, as thats why I called it giving me a clue.