Patch coming this year?

@ken007

Exactly! There is no way to point it out better. I guess thousands feel this way. It's the total lack of information, that's making all those rumors possible. It's only normal, that no one can understand why they are working so long on this patch. Everyone expects big problems with it - no, everyone HAS TO expect big problems with it. Either they should have given daily/weekly updates to it, or never mention this sentence containing "soon" in it at all. Not a single being on this planet defines "soon" as a time period of ~2 _months_ or even more! At least not in this context.

If they would explain the delay to the community in a believable (or even better _honest_) way, I'm sure most people would understand. Everything would be better than this "silence".

well, buggy or not, i have finished it as a LS Male, i am gonna try it as a Female, but after that, i don't see the point in playing it. (i am a goody-little-two-shoe)

If they add new content to it (i doubt it) i might consider playing it again, but at its current state, i get bored of unfinished games VERY quickly.

In the Long run, its just like Master of Orion II (Master of Orion III sucked big time), Orion II is far better then Orion III.....Just Like Kotor I is far better then Kotor II. (Better endings and most importantly NO RANDOM LOOT)

I hope they add an option for either random loot or kotor style loot because playing a whole game without finding a single robe is really peeing me off.

So, until someone can get around the sucky random loot, i have to always edit the saved game to give me and my jedi party members a light saber and a robe. (lightsabers for my party members)

I know it is wishful thinking, but i hope Lucasarts does the right thing and funds a content patch for us pc users.

I hope they make the right choice and makes Kotor III a PC Title and ports it over to the X-Box and make sure they do it properly. (no rushes)

Make it ATI & Nvidia (not another game that is a 'Nvidia is best' or 'ATI is best subject)

Besides, the longer it takes, the more bugs to be fixed i guess.

But i would weep if all this time and all they fixed was some spellin mistakes. lol

Besides, the longer it takes, the more bugs to be fixed i guess.

Why is "anyone" saying this? Maybe I'm too pessimistic, but we have no evidence for that, it's wishful thinking.

This is the last thing I red about it:

Not to keep these threads alive, but it should be soon on the patch.  We haven't changed anything about the patch in a while and are just going through the steps of getting it released.

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?sh...ndpost&p=308696

For me the part "We haven't changed anything about the patch in a while..." is very interesting. They haven't changed anything in a while and are "just working on getting it released" (whatever that means), but they don't release it. What does this mean to you? :p Because I'm not getting it at all.

Im wit you pon diss why di hell unu come provoke wi spirit for telling us you have a damn patch coming soon. Soon soon soon when is soon 10months a year damnit man unu just pissing me off. I cant even enjoy di damn game a beat it once the bugs kill me more time than the villans.look how mi did nejoy the first one and run go buy diss foolishness , a feel like unu set we up as consumers and knew di hell what was going on but decided to rob wi damn money out a wi hands. If di year come and mi nuh get a patch a plan to patch up unu damn face wid badword if i ever see unu at a event. DAMn Foolishness and call unu self a flipping company. Man a tell you diss and mean it dat i will never purchase another one of these games until the patch release.

does anyone else have problems reading posts by Joncrow?

but from the jist of it im staring to get pretty fracked off with la and obsidian, soon normally means a week or two, not a month, and certainly not 10

pull the finger out and get it released

The flag speaks to the fact that he is emulating a Jamaican.

No guys no emulation im a jamaican the language or creole i speak is Jamaican English (PATWA) . The only reason i use it is when im really upset sorry for the confusion i'll try to keep it straight. To put it in simple terms if any body needs to curse of LA or Obsidian tell them in ja style ( Weh Di rassclaut patch deh ) translate to ( Where is the Fu@#$$% patch ).

i posted this before in a other thread but i'll say it again,

obsidian have really shot themselves in the foot over this patch, a little message now and then to better inform people waiting for the patch and tell them how its going wouldn't hurt,

but no, they just stick up a "coming soon" sign thats been there for well over a month and put their fingers in their ears while the universe implodes around them.

i posted this before in a other thread but i'll say it again,

obsidian have really shot themselves in the foot over this patch, a little message now and then to better inform people waiting for the patch and tell them how its going wouldn't hurt,

but no, they just stick up a "coming soon" sign thats been there for well over a month and put their fingers in their ears while the universe implodes around them.

I love Act of War!

Talk about an awesome RTS! And guess what? It never crashes! AND THERE WAS STILL A PATCH ALREADY OUT FOR IT! WOW!!! That patch even had two extra maps in it!!! DOUBLE WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But you know what the best part about Act of War is?

No, not that obsidian never laid a finger on it (or Lucas Arts, for that matter),

It's the fact that I bought it with the money I got for the trade in of KotOR II!!!! Now someone else can buy my used copy at a lesser dollar amount, and ALL that money can go right t EB, they're the only ones who deserve it afterall! I even cancelled my preorder of NWN2 to help pay for Act of War!

What a great choice...

I've read this whole thread and I agree with everyone on the subject that this is rediculous WE want OUR patch NOW, not later NOW.

On the subject of whose fault it is I would have to say both neither are more at fault then the other and here is my reasoning as to why.

LA

-----

1. They hold gave Obsidian a short time to make this game, please 1 year and you expect a good game? Someone must have been smoking a pretty big bong to make this kind of decision.

2. They released the game when it wasn't even complete which is complete BS, I payed $50 USD for an incomplete game and I feel used and abused by a big corporation because they think they can play god with us little folk.

3. They are holding the patch back when its already complete.

4. They are Donkeys.

Obsidian

-----------

1. Knowing full well what they were doing with plenty of experience backing them up they chose a project with a very short time-rate, one year, they wanted good name, and ties to a company like LA and this game. Where upon the other turn they could have gone to another company that is just as good as LA and got a long time-rate. Being the idiots they are they chose the shorter time-rate.

2. Apparently they aren't telling us much about the patch and what its going to fix, I don't care if they're under contract by LA you should always release a Bug Fix List before the patch even comes out...seriously. I've played many a game for the PC in my 10 years of gaming life and the majority of games I have played that have had patches released a Bug Fix List.

3. Well thats about it other then that fact that they made a stupid decision and don't bother to tell anyone anything I can't really blamed them for anything else.

4. They are Donkey's as well ^^