Patch coming this year?

Fact 1:  Lucas Arts, who have direct control of when the game is released releases KotOR 2 for the X-Box and PC in this sorry state.
Agree, its obvious why someone in the name of Lucas Arts wanted Kotor2 to be released in December. But theres allways a other side who said "Okay, its hard but we can do it.".
Fact 2:  They know when a game is faced with these problems the majority of the fanbase goes after the developers and not the publishers.
I often dont know who is the publisher and who is the developer. But when I see a Lucas Arts Logo in the beginning and the a logo from a firm I never heard before, where do I go first regarding my concerns.
Fact 3:  They made critical choices to downgrade the game quality compared to the original.  For example the music.
Its a bad thing, true but I must admit I didnt notice it during the game. Anyway, source of your fact?
Fact 4:  Their QA has the patch and had it for weeks.  They purposely are not letting people know what it fixes and also know the more the patch is delayed the same group of people complaining to Obsidian will even moreso get on Obsidian's case even though Obsidian has no control over the patch at this time.
Dont know, as far as I read both claim that the other one is working on it. Feargus is for sure a more credible source than someone from a LA-Helpdesk. But as a customer I had to say it doesnt matter to me, I want my copy fixed.
Need more?
Why not, you seem to spend much time here.

real pc gamers will never get an xbox to play just 1 louzy game.

No offense, but I get so sick of PC gamers thinking they are so elite just because they play PC games and not consoles.

I have an XBox and an AMD 64 rig. I like both for various reasons. One is not better than the other. I am a gamer more than a system-snob.

What I get sick of is PC gamers thinking they are better than console players just because PC games have been around longer. Who cares? I can't believe how threatened PC gamers egos are that consoles are mainstream and managed to bring gaming to the masses -- Which I think is the *real* heart of the issue. PC gamers are not "special" anymore (if you're despearately needing something to make you feel better).

With that said, the one part I agree on is that the bad side to consoles being mainstream is that companies now do cross-platform games and they are mostly designed for the console first and the PC as an afterthought. PC games ARE dieing, unfortunately, because we are the last market share in terms of size and revenue compraed to consoles. PC games are even behind hand held sales if you can believe it (hand helds like the PSP and DS are the second largest segment after consoles).

No offense, but I get so sick of PC gamers thinking they are so elite just because they play PC games and not consoles.

I have an XBox and an AMD 64 rig. I like both for various reasons. One is not better than the other. I am a gamer more than a system-snob.

What I get sick of is PC gamers thinking they are better than console players just because PC games have been around longer. Who cares? I can't believe how threatened PC gamers egos are that consoles are mainstream and managed to bring gaming to the masses -- Which I think is the *real* heart of the issue. PC gamers are not "special" anymore (if you're despearately needing something to make you feel better).

With that said, the one part I agree on is that the bad side to consoles being mainstream is that companies now do cross-platform games and they are mostly designed for the console first and the PC as an afterthought. PC games ARE dieing, unfortunately, because we are the last market share in terms of size and revenue compraed to consoles. PC games are even behind hand held sales if you can believe it (hand helds like the PSP and DS are the second largest segment after consoles).

What exactly did he say to be a snob? he is right, why would i spend 300$ just to play one game?

Vent somewhere else, as this has nothing to do with whatever your saying. You keep ranting on and on about PC gamer's being so elite and everything? Go tell it to someone on another forum and not in the -^ PC Technical Support (Self-Help). Get a life and let's wait patiently for the patch. Thanks.

Hades that is a friggin ridiculous theory.

Back up your claims or go away.

Of course it is a ridiculous theory. Most conspiracy theories are. :(

But to back it up.

Fact 1: Lucas Arts, who have direct control of when the game is released releases KotOR 2 for the X-Box and PC in this sorry state.

Fact 2: They know when a game is faced with these problems the majority of the fanbase goes after the developers and not the publishers.

Fact 3: They made critical choices to downgrade the game quality compared to the original. For example the music.

Fact 4: Their QA has the patch and had it for weeks. They purposely are not letting people know what it fixes and also know the more the patch is delayed the same group of people complaining to Obsidian will even moreso get on Obsidian's case even though Obsidian has no control over the patch at this time.

Need more?

Retard you just restated yourself. Do you know what a fact is?

I have had kotor 2 since the day it came out and I have been waiting for a patch to fix this game, so for me it has been longer than the past 4 weeks since the announcement of the patch. I'm tired of waiting! Unlike some people the stores where I live do not have a return policy for PC games, so I'm stuck with it. What I will do now is leave and go play MXO (the matrix online) and I will never buy another lucasarts game at release. I will wait until about 6 months after the release and then read the forums before I decide to buy another LA game. I advise anyone else having problems to do the same.

Guest Dowie100

Please, Please may it also contain a content patch due to the delay :shifty:

If not once again I will have to sent Killer Monkeys to Lucas Arts

You have been warned LA :wub:

Anyone consider that the reason the patch hasn't come out yet is because there are more and more bugs showing up and the patch is developing a bug "feature creep"? ;)

Hahahahahahah. Hahahhaha! HAhahahahahaha. What a messed up game.

You people should just stop playing KOTOR2, like I have, and wait for the patch. In fact, go out and buy Nexus : Jupiter Incident or some other competitor's title to play instead, in the meantime.

Anyone consider that the reason the patch hasn't come out yet is because there are more and more bugs showing up and the patch is developing a bug "feature creep"? >_<

Hahahahahahah. Hahahhaha! HAhahahahahaha. What a messed up game.

You people should just stop playing KOTOR2, like I have, and wait for the patch. In fact, go out and buy Nexus : Jupiter Incident or some other competitor's title to play instead, in the meantime.

I had no choice but to stop playing the game. I can't do anything BUT wait for a patch.

Do you know how many people got an Xbox just for Halo? Know how many were pc gamers? I'm sure quiet a few were. Hell, I have always loved my pc cause with the consles I always needed a memory card. But when I got an xbox it was like a pc in many ways. After Xbox I always wondered how other game systems survived without a harddrive. Now, back on topic I want to know if there will be any way to get the patch on the Xbox version? Say a demo disc with the OXM. Or some way to get it to have Xbox Live compatiablity. That's what I want to know.

I just thought I would post here as well as one of the other forums.

As far as we know right now, there is nothing stopping the patch from being released, so it should be very soon.

Thanks for the info Feargus. So basically we're just waiting for Lucasarts to get it through QA and release it to joe public?

Do you also happen to know if the problems that people are having with KOTOR2 if they have ATI cards has been fixed at all? or is this a problem ATI will have to fix?

As far as we know right now, there is nothing stopping the patch from being released, so it should be very soon.

- patch patch patch patch patch patch patch (w00t)

Finally we have some info from an official source. :( Very soon? Uhm, I wrote soon is 3-4 days for me, very soon is... 1 day? :lol: Tomorrow? Well, that would be nice, just before the Easter Holiday. But I hope the patch will fix some really important issues, maybe even change something with the content (one small thing, please, we don't want much ;) )... Maybe just dreams, but at least we know something more than "coming soon" [4 weeks :- ].

What exactly did he say to be a snob? he is right, why would i spend 300$ just to play one game?

when we already paid 800+ for a kick-ass PC for a couple of 20/30 games :)

there are more PC games released every year then there are Xbox games...

Finally we have some info from an official source. :thumbsup: Very soon? Uhm, I wrote soon is 3-4 days for me, very soon is... 1 day? ;) Tomorrow? Well, that would be nice, just before the Easter Holiday. But I hope the patch will fix some really important issues, maybe even change something with the content (one small thing, please, we don't want much :) )... Maybe just dreams, but at least we know something more than "coming soon" [4 weeks :p ].

If he said very soon and there is nothing stopping the patch from being released, then where is the patch? Still the same old run around. Be honest and detailed on when it's going to be release, anything less just falls short.

We bought your game and Obsidian should consider themselves lucky that we all haven't went to EB games and sold them back, which I am about to do cause I don't like the way they have handled this situation.

They act like that we owe them the time but we don't we bought this game under the false pretense that it was completed, when it wasn't. They have given no details and they claim it's a complete game when evidence says that it's not a complete game and things were cut from it. I am not buying Neverwinter Knights 2 because of the way they handled this game.

Sorry for being honest, but we deserve better than this, it's been a month and a half since it was released and we are still waiting. I think if the people who made this game got a game that was this buggy, they would be a little peeved too. I am not trying to bash anyone, I am just being honest.

Probably not until LA patches their version and checks to see if the fixes work... There is a reasonable guess that they do have a bug list, but can't release it until all the bugs on the list are checked and verified fixed.... Keep in mind that fixing one bug could lead to other bugs popping up... Such is the realm of FF VII for PC... I actually have that sad game and have all the 'patches' and the game still crashes at the first battle ; ; I already played it on PS, but I wanted to see what was different overall for the PC version :(

Anyhow, patience is the bottomline here, and since nothing is stalling it atm, I'd say safely that the patch will probably be released on 4/1/05 :blink: Take that reading as you will boys! :-