Patch coming this year?

Again, I have to remind people that it is not Obsidian fault that the patch is not released. THEY ARE DONE WITH IT. IT IS FINISHED. IT IS NO LONGER IN THEIR POSSESSION! Lucas Arts has the patch now and it is up to them to release it. Badger them, not Obsidian.

Again, I have to remind people that it is not Obsidian fault that the patch is not released.  THEY ARE DONE WITH IT.  IT IS FINISHED.  IT IS NO LONGER IN THEIR POSSESSION!  Lucas Arts has the patch now and it is up to them to release it.  Badger them, not Obsidian.

Ignorance... I wrote lucas arts iquiring about the patch two days ago and they said that it is still in development. So Obsidian does have the patch.

Next time don't run your mouth.

Sneak around this forum to see the huge amout of bugs to be fixed. I'd rather wait a few weeks to have a big patch which solves all known technical issues than having a new patch a week after the release of the game which fixes only an half of the issues like the Bloodlines 1.2 patch...

I may be dreaming, but the patch will perhaps add new content, fix the incoherent ending and butchered musics...

I may be dreaming, but the patch will perhaps add new content, fix the incoherent ending and butchered musics...

You are dreaming. The patch is to fix technical problems only. There is no contnt patch. Lets stick to the facts here and the facts are Lucas Arts will not pay for a content patch, not admit its mishandling of KotOR 2 in the QA process, or tell the truth on anything relating to KotOR 2.

And you believe them?  Talk about being naive and gullible.

Where did you hear that Obsidian has finished the patch and that it is LA who is postponing the release?

And btw, I think it doesn't matter who is responsible for this farce, I just think that it is not acceptable that we don't get any feedback about the patch, cause we are their customers, we should be treated with respect from both Obsidian and LA!

Its at Lucas Arts QA department and they haven't heard from them since. That is the last I heard of it from a credible source. Mind you that information is a week and a half old, but until I hear an update from a credible source, NOT LUCAS ARTS, I am acting on that information.

Its at Lucas Arts QA department and they haven't heard from them since.  That is the last I heard of it from a credible source.  Mind you that information is a week and a half old, but until I hear an update from a credible source, NOT LUCAS ARTS, I am acting on that information.

Do you know why the patch has been at Lucas Arts QA department for so long?

Nope, but I have a theory.

They purposely wanted KotOR 2 to be bad. They got a start up company to do the sequel and gave them only a year to do it. They rushed the game and not give it a proper QA in order to sabotage the game. Why you ask, because they knew that KotOR 3 will be developed in house for the next X-Box only. This way they can ditch the PC audience due to the horridness of the bugs in KotOR 2 and look like Saviors to the X-Boxers when a bug free-though ineptly written KotOR 3 is released.

Nope, but I have a theory.

They purposely wanted KotOR 2 to be bad.  They got a start up company to do the sequel and gave them only a year to do it.  They rushed the game and not give it a proper QA in order to sabotage the game.  Why you ask, because they knew that KotOR 3 will be developed in house for the next X-Box only.  This way they can ditch the PC audience due to the horridness of the bugs in KotOR 2 and look like Saviors to the X-Boxers when a bug free-though ineptly written KotOR 3 is released.

Wow.... you really don't like LA, do you? But at least you have a theory.... I'm left utterly clueless as to the reason for this farce! But you've got a point about the one-year only..... why did LA give Obsidian only one year to do KotOR II.... I really don't get it, other than for some quick money!

I wish that either Obsidian or LA would give a statement as to why the patch is being delayed!

Hades that is a friggin ridiculous theory.

Back up your claims or go away.

Of course it is a ridiculous theory. Most conspiracy theories are. :lol:

But to back it up.

Fact 1: Lucas Arts, who have direct control of when the game is released releases KotOR 2 for the X-Box and PC in this sorry state.

Fact 2: They know when a game is faced with these problems the majority of the fanbase goes after the developers and not the publishers.

Fact 3: They made critical choices to downgrade the game quality compared to the original. For example the music.

Fact 4: Their QA has the patch and had it for weeks. They purposely are not letting people know what it fixes and also know the more the patch is delayed the same group of people complaining to Obsidian will even moreso get on Obsidian's case even though Obsidian has no control over the patch at this time.

Need more?

I feel like I-- like we all-- have been patient. But it's been four weeks since the poorly-phrased "Coming Soon" message was put up, and Obsidian can't even be relied upon to give us a clearer estimate of when the patch will be out, much less put up the patch itself. So, given these points, I've decided: screw the Patch, screw Obsidian, screw LucasArts, and screw KotOR II. I won't be finishing the game, and I won't be wasting my money on KotOR III, should it ever be developed by Obsidian and published by LA.

That said, I feel much better for having made this decision, as if the echo of a hollowness in the Force had just filled up within me. I think I've made the right choice, here. Much better at this point to just cut my losses and move on, rather than continue to dwell on my disappointment. Farewell.

Okay then, bye.

But I'll admit that Acorn did have a point in all that fuming. The "Patch coming Soon" message is vague and poorly phrased.

I beleive that quite a bit of the whining and complaining about the amount of time being taken to compleate said patch would be quelled by a simple change in the wording of the announcement to something like: 'Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords patch to be released in the next two to three weeks.' or months or whatever.

*Anything* less nebulous than "soon" would be greatly appreciated I am sure.

just a thought... <_<

Well, what is Obsidian writing on their site is true. ...From a certain point of view. :thumbsup: For me "soon" is in the next few days (uhm... 3? maximum 4...), but not 3-4 weeks! Perhaps I will start playing KotOR I again, finish it in 2 weeks and the patch will be out when I finish. ;)

Hades that is a friggin ridiculous theory.

Back up your claims or go away.

Of course it is a ridiculous theory. Most conspiracy theories are. :thumbsup:

But to back it up.

Fact 1: Lucas Arts, who have direct control of when the game is released releases KotOR 2 for the X-Box and PC in this sorry state.

Fact 2: They know when a game is faced with these problems the majority of the fanbase goes after the developers and not the publishers.

Fact 3: They made critical choices to downgrade the game quality compared to the original. For example the music.

Fact 4: Their QA has the patch and had it for weeks. They purposely are not letting people know what it fixes and also know the more the patch is delayed the same group of people complaining to Obsidian will even moreso get on Obsidian's case even though Obsidian has no control over the patch at this time.

Need more?

Interesting theory... It makes sense too... which is scary... I'm use to the old LA, which made quality games...

Have they really changed that much?