So I've completed K2, some unresolved questions

I wasn't sure if this should go in Storyline Discussion section, but its hard to ask my questions and discuss posssible answers without giving spoilers.

So I've just completed Kotor2, and found that I have a few unanswered questions about the plot. I really enjoyed the game, other than having to disable movies as it caused my game to crash after each one (but that is an issue for another section of the forums ;)). So now I'm wondering if I missed stuff that is answered in the movies I haven't watched, or if this is stuff that has been cut from the game.

In no particular order:

- Do we know why the navicomputer is voice locked in the Ebon Hawke, and who locked it (was it Bastilla?)

- What hapenned to Remote and GO-TO at Malachor V?

- Does the HK factory exist? Did anyone find it (if so how?)

I know theres other questions I had, but thats all that comes to mind right now. I haven't read through all the info about what was cut from the game (I've just read discussions where the game was rushed and things were cut, or left unfinished). I don't want to add fuel to the debate about the game's storyline, as overall I enjoyed it, but was a lot cut from the game (including the questions I have above)? Or have I missed some stuff because of not seeing movies? (even if I watch the movies through the main menu, the game crashes after every one - I don't have the patience to view them all and then recover from the crash each time).

I welcome any discussion on my unanswered questions and any questions that you feel have not been answered, or perhaps you missed, in the game.

So I've just completed Kotor2, and found that I have a few unanswered questions about the plot.

(snip)

In no particular order:

- Do we know why the navicomputer is voice locked in the Ebon Hawke, and who locked it (was it Bastilla?)

- What hapenned to Remote and GO-TO at Malachor V?

- Does the HK factory exist? Did anyone find it (if so how?)

1) I assume that either Revan or T3-M4 voice locked the Navicomputer on the Ebon Hawk to prevent others from finding out where Revan has gone. Revan apparently didn't want anyone to follow her to the unknown regions, for some reason. Though it's never directly answered in the game as far as I know. My guess is that it's T3-M4 though, since if you choose the end-game that K suggests to follow Revan wherever she went, you'd need the navicomputer unlocked. Unless T3 lied of course, and actually didn't have that information wiped from his memory. But since Atris Combat Drones didn't find the info when they downloaded T3s memory core, I assume that T3 no longer knows where Revan went.

2) If you had the lightside ending, I assume the MSDevice was activated again and the gravity well at Malachor vanished, making the planet fall apart. This is a part of a story arc that didn't fully make it into the final game. But from what is in the game I assume that just like G0T0 installed an override program into the Remote when he was zapped on the Ebon Hawk, Bao-Dur installed an override in G0T0 when he made upgrades to him. So if you are a lightsider Remote wins and the device activates, and if you are a darksider G0T0 wins and Malachor V remains.

3) The HK-factory is not in the game any longer. It used to be in the Sublevel of the Abandoned Military Base on Telos, but that door is now permanently locked and leads nowhere.

Thanks stoffe.

I was just reading some of the stuff that got cut from the game, and yes the HK factory was included in the cuts (as was HK-47 confronting Remote and/or GO-TO).

ANd I don't think Revan went in the Ebon Hawke. He would have left after KOTOR1, and told Bastilla to wait for him (as she said in the Sith Holocron in the game). Which makes me think if Bastilla recorded that in a Sith holocron than perhaps Revan (in an official storyline) went back to the Sith ways. But perhaps he did go in the Ebon Hawke, just him and T3, then got T3 to fly the Hawke back with everything locked down so no one knows where he went. Hopefully some day the Lucas world will let us know.

When your on Perugus(?) Kreia tells you that she has the codes to unlock the Ebon Hawks navi computer. When you go up the turbo lift to the administravtive level and are about to go to pick up Anton and fight the HK droid. The convo is something like this, but I know its not word for word. (Perugus is too boring to me to do it again simply to get word for word dialog)

Kreia: We need to leave now

Exile: 'We' where did you come up with 'we'?

Kreia: I know you are use to traveling alone but we have a bond something something something

Exile: I dont travel with old hags

Kreia: You need me , Im the only one with the acess codes to unlock the navicomputer.

Yea, definitly not the right words but its the basics of the convo

And what happens with GOTO and Remote and stuff about the HK factory (that was cut) is here

Hope that helps :D

When your on Perugus(?) Kreia tells you that she has the codes to unlock the Ebon Hawks navi computer.

(snip)

Kreia: We need to leave now

Exile: 'We' where did you come up with 'we'?

Kreia: I know you are use to traveling alone but we have a bond something something something

Exile: I dont travel with old hags

Kreia: You need me , Im the only one with the acess codes to unlock the navicomputer.

Ah, that would explain why I've never seen anything about it. I don't like playing as a schoolyard bully (which the darkside all too often amounts to in these games), and as a lightsider you are given no hint in that conversation or elsewhere in the game, other than the Ebon Hawk T3 vs. HK-47 showdown to indicate who has voicelocked the navicomputer.

Still, it's possible that Kreia lied in order to have you bring her along. After all, the navicomputer remains locked throughout the game, having T3 handle astrogation and navigation. :blink: