First attempt at being DS

Having finished (unfinished though that feels) the game once as LS, I've started a new game with DS intents. It's interesting to try to either gain more influence with your companions or gain DS points in each encounter. Reload == doing something that loses influence and gains LS points.

Pretty funny, Atton just told me that I'm starting to look like Kreia's son due to my choices. The funny thing is that he is looking just as bad, because he is so under my influence. :ph34r:

I have also discovered it's going to the Dark Side that makes men puff themselves up and take up bodybuilder stances. I can hardly wait to see what warping a female to dark side does to how she stands in the Character screen.

It's so true about the Dark Side. I used to think that the LS was the way to go, but after playing DS, I can't help myself.

Its so much fun to be needlessly cruel. If I want something, I take it from their corpse, or take it from them, and then kill them. It's so much easier and fulfilling. Yeah, it once felt good to help that poor sod who didn't have money, but it is so much more entertaining and spiritually enjoyable to tell him that you are going to slaughter him, and watch him attempt some pitiful attack upon you. It is very enjoyable indeed.

As for influence, i find its worth it to take the LS hit. Its usually just a minor shift, and if you go out and kill a lady and her kids for having the audacity to beg from you, you'll get it right back......

It's so true about the Dark Side.  I used to think that the LS was the way to go, but after playing DS, I can't help myself.

Its so much fun to be needlessly cruel.  If I want something, I take it from their corpse, or take it from them, and then kill them.  It's so much easier and fulfilling.  Yeah, it once felt good to help that poor sod who didn't have money, but it is so much more entertaining and spiritually enjoyable to tell him that you are going to slaughter him, and watch him attempt some pitiful attack upon you.  It is very enjoyable indeed. 

As for influence, i find its worth it to take the LS hit.  Its usually just a minor shift, and if you go out and kill a lady and her kids for having the audacity to beg from you, you'll get it right back......

You sir, are truly corrupted by the dark side :)

I had a real struggle to play Darkside, since I'm usually such a goody-goody - or at least neutral - in games - I was determined to do it for the first playthrough tho. I ended up liking it immensely.

Playing Light is fun too, but it does feel less satisfying somehow - alas, Atton looks much better while Light....fortunately, since I don't care about the Mastery bonus, I can do both - play Light and still be mean on some of those quests that are fun to be mean with. :D

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'm finding dark side less morally repugnant than I would have expected.

Usually, I find being evil too unpleasant to be gratifying, in an RPG.

But it seems it's possible to get enough dark side points, while avoiding most light side points, in this game, without simply making one's character seem hopelessly inhuman.

Normally, like most people, I end up playing kind of Chaotic Good.

Playing DS is fun everyone should try it as for influence use a save editor - but not on your first couple of plays.

What would have been good is that evereytime one of your teamamtes reprimanded you for doing soemthing bad- you get the chance to beat them up a little show who is boss :p especially kreia grrr she really annoyed me!

On Taris, I managed to avoid siding with Czreka corp and still get heaps and heaps of DS points. I may continue doing the LS versions of planets but being DS by cruelty and demanding money. Lots and lots of lovely money!

I have found I do have take a few ls points from time to time to gain influence. But so far, DS is fun.

Playing DS is fun everyone should try it as for influence use  a save editor - but not on your first couple of plays.

What would have been good is that evereytime one of your teamamtes reprimanded you for doing soemthing bad- you get the chance to beat them up a little show who is boss  :devil:  especially kreia  grrr she really annoyed me!

Actually, there's a mod adding a device for that, somewhere on the Lucasforum board for StarWarsKnights.Com, here in Holowan Labs.

It does both! You can check the influence, and you can modify it easily, right in game... earning dark side points for modding it! :) :)

I've decided why my DS character supports the Republic. Everyone else lies, cheats, backstabs. Republic citizens are loyal, trustworthy. Now who is going to be easy to dominate in the long run? Long live the Republic...till I can take over. :thumbsup:

i am too good to be a bad guy...i feel too guilty. :(

It becomes easy. At first I felt bad killing poor helpless families or selling them into slavery. But it was all justified later when I wanted to buy a medpac or something. Their suffering allowed me to save the galaxy! And that's only so the weak can justify cruelty. I do it because it's easy, makes me money, and is far more entertaining.

I found it easier to play DS in KotOR 2 than in KotOR 1. In KotOR 2 all I had to deal with was Atton occasionally telling me I looked like crap. In KotOR 1, I had to put up with Carth lecturing me constantly... and quite frankly, I was unable to let Carth down. :( I never even managed to finish KotOR 1 as DS. *L*

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

Atton's Motivation July 30: CHAPTER 26 is up!

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

I've decided why my DS character supports the Republic.  Everyone else lies, cheats, backstabs.  Republic citizens are loyal, trustworthy.  Now who is going to be easy to dominate in the long run?  Long live the Republic...till I can take over.  :devil:

Tried some Republic Helping Evil dude too. The biggest of my problems was Khoonda. To help the Republic I had to defend it and thought: "I help to save it, so later it will be one of me dark-side residents... :devil: .

To defend it I healed the soldiers (why not, more cannon meat for the enemy?)

Unfurtunatelly the game thought I was good instead of offering them as cannon meat and my alligment went from 90% DS to 10% LS.

Never came up from this GOOD crash :lol:

These are just the things were you think you do evil and act evil bug the game doesn't recognize :ph34r:

I got a wicked statue for helping out Khoonda.

*L* They actually give you a statue? I never selected that option (I much preferred getting the 4,000 creds), and I didn't think they'd actually go through with it.

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

Atton's Motivation July 30: CHAPTER 26 is up!

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

Yeah I demanded a statue as well, though I never saw it built. :shifty:

Also on Onderon I demanded all their force sensitives as a reward for helping the General into power, to train them against the Jedi... Never got to see any of them as the planet was closed afterwards. :wub:

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.