Do you always use same party members?

I like the variety of different people, but in the end I always use the same two. Mira and Handmaiden. Put Mira in the dancer outfit, Handmaiden w/ no armor and my Exile is ready to roll. My roleplaying Exile likes his two apprentices barely clothed. haha.

But seriously, the game is so easy (even at hardest level), there is not much incentive to use different characters for different tactics. The only difference is different dialogue.

It almost doesn't matter how you level up or configure your party, as long as you make your exile strong, you can solo the whole game. So my party members are just for the company, and I simply enjoy Mira and Handmaiden.

Do people actually use different party members? I tried to force myself to use different characters when I played DS, but in the end, didn't really matter too much..

I've tried using Hanhar, T3, Bao, Mira, and HK, usually by re-loading and re-doing planets with them, say...but in the end I always go back to Atton and Disciple.

I kind of agree that the NPC's are largely for company...and thus, I use who I'm attached to. Plus, for the female Exile at any rate, it seems to me that using Atton/Disciple gives the most dialogue bits. ie, so far only Disciple makes any comment when you find those 'dark force' spots in the Dxun temple - and he also comments at the entrance of Korrigan temple (Bao does not, I tried heh). Maybe the Handmaiden is like that if you're male?

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Sort of, although I prefer to hang out with Hanharr and T3 :luck:"

I do try occasionally to people where I would think it naturally to use them. Nar Shaddaa, I would use Atton (has been there before) and Mira/Hanharr (Knows the place), Onderon is the domain of Mandalore (historial ties) and Bao Dur (he has a thing going regarding mandalorians) etc.

When there are no "obvious" choices that way, Hanharr and T3 gets the summons...

Edit: Ehh, the "Sort of" was to the first poster.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Party members, who uses party members anymore? :D I go it alone these days. An Army of One :luck:

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

MySpace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=44500195

Mine tends to be Atton and Bao-Dur, Atton and Visas, or Atton and Mira.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I pretty much never had Atton in my party as a male LSM. Mostly Visas and Bao-Dur as my ideal combo.

Bao-Dur for the class-based skills (I never made him a Jedi), Visas for Jedi powers, Lightsaber combat, and Influence (since she seemed to be the most interesting of the characters). Kreia was alright earlier on, but she's more blatantly evil than Visas more often, so not particularly compatible with LSM behaviour. Then some Handmaiden as well, later on (since she's less evil than Visas). That was my Male LSM character favouritism order.

As my current Female Dark Side character, on the other hand, it's going to be all Atton all the time. He's hilarious :D

I like to try them all out. I'm not sure if I prefer the everyone sits around in the pool waiting to be chosen, or that over the course of the story different characters go with you at different times. Until towards the end then you get to choose them. The latter gives better story intergration at the price of freedom of choice. But depending on which order you do the planets in , some characters are either obsolete, or you are so comfortable with your team there is little reason to change it.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I usually follow the Influence Guide and swap members as appropriate ;) But where there's no influence to be gained, I usually stick with Atton and one other - Mira's cool, or Disciple if I'm female, Handmaiden if I'm male.

But Atton is usually there.

Most situations require an engineer, Bao-Dur usually along for the ride, I would take T# but he's not that great in a fight. When I need stealth I take Atton or Visas. For punch I usually take the handmaiden. I mostly go with my gut feeling on what I'm gonna need in a mission, but the exile, handmaiden, Atton comes up alot, makes a consular, guardian, sentinel combo.

i played through as a light side female.

that said, i usualy always had bao-dur from the moment he joined the party onward. great with skills + i have a soft spot for zabraks :)

for the other party member i usualy had visas for her dark side force poweress or the disciple. disciple mostly because i really like greg ellis, his voice actor. :wub:

i agree that the game combat is way too easy. the only challange i had was at the end of the game (the last planet.)

I pretty well always have Atton with me... I couldn't bear to leave him on the ship. Poor thing would get so lonely. :(

This time around I actually developed a bit of a liking for Disciple (not in THAT way... cause... EW!), so he's been following me around quite a bit.

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

Atton's Motivation July 30: CHAPTER 26 is up!

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

I take Mandalore, HK, and Handmaiden almost all the time. Occassionally I'll bring along Visas or Hanharr.

HK is just too funny to leave behind, and Mandalore, if you give him two Gamorrean Cleavers is unstoppable. I beat Dxun Pt. 2 virtually single handedly with him. I also bring the handmaiden, because she's tough, and she looks down right sexy when you begin to corrupt her. All that dark lipstick.

For me to enjoy a replay, the next time through needs to be different. So in every game I pick two companions and travel only with them. Next game it will be two others.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Visas is always with me then it's one of Handmaiden, Mira or Atton.

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

I am suprise so many people use Atton, he reminds me of Carth, he and Kreia sit aboard the ship keeping the seats warm.

Playing DS, HK-47 is by far the best because his hilarious dialogue. I like to tag team him with Hanharr or Goto. But the game is just so easy, that having party members is unbalancing the game.

Whats disappointing is that you spend time to get some of the people to become a Jedi, and you barely use them, end of the game. I can't quite pinpoint it, but using different party members was more fullfilling in KOTOR 1.

Makes you wonder why they dont just give you 2 companions like they did in FFX-2, dont have to worry about switching then :D

The non Jedi were a liability in KOTOR, which ironically made it easier to decide who to take.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I use Bao-Dur until my character gets high stats. And Kreia is usually around for the XP bonus. I didn't find the droids too usefull. On my current playthrough the Disiciple has been in my party since I picked him up except he seems to kill a lot of influence markers for the other NPCs.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

the Disiciple has been in my party since I picked him up except he seems to kill a lot of influence markers for the other NPCs.

Wondering if you could elaborate on that? I know I saw someone mention something about his high charisma messing with the NPC's or something and i don't quite understand it as I haven't noticed anything.

At any rate, you could just toss him out of the party before an influence encounter.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

the Disiciple has been in my party since I picked him up except he seems to kill a lot of influence markers for the other NPCs.

Wondering if you could elaborate on that? I know I saw someone mention something about his high charisma messing with the NPC's or something and i don't quite understand it as I haven't noticed anything.

At any rate, you could just toss him out of the party before an influence encounter.

I missed certain influence markers on Dxun, for example. Like the stranded Mandolorian. After the marker, bao-Dur remained silent, while the Disciple spouted off something or another. And that's one of Baos markers. There was another point where I had the two of them together, and once again Bao was silent when he should have had a new dialouge option. Instead Disciple opened up his yap and I said something mean that made me lose influence with Bao even though I wasn't talking to him and somehow Atton gained influence even though he was back on the Ebon Hawk. And after that I did swap out party members before the influence markers.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.