killing party members

in kotor 1 i got attached to my party and i had issues when it came time to fight the ones you had too. bastila was toughest for me. i only killed her once just to see what the ending was like. but i doubt i ever will kill her again in one. i pray is she in thre we don't have to kill her or even fight her. my girlfriend she why i cann't do it. and she right i see alot of her in bastila.

but kotor 2 i had no problem killing anyone i had too. as i felt no attachment to any of them.

i curious was guys feel bout killing peoople in your party

i pray is she in thre we don't have to kill her or even fight her. my girlfriend she why i cann't do it. and she right i see alot of her in bastila.

Uh, sorry homie but I can't seem to understand that. Gibberish? :p

I never had a problem killing party members, and in fact actually enjoyed killing them all in Kotor 1. (Not counting Jolee, he was cool) They were *all* annoying. Juhani and Zaalbar sounded like idiots, Mission whined about her brother, and Carth... I don't need to explain. Heh.

Is it even possible to kill party member in Kotor 2? I don't ever recall killing any of them except

Kreia.

<_<

I think his point is that in KotOR I, he got attached to the party members - and that in KotOR II, he didn't care about them.

I kinda felt the same way. Few of the party NPCs in this game interested me, and some (notably Kreia), I outright wanted to kill... :p"

In K1, I felt a little guilty ordering Zaalbar to whack Mission. It was fun but I still felt a little guilty. Overall, I did form attachments with all the party members. Even Canderous.

In K2, I couldn't give a crap about any of them, except for ones that returned from K1. In fact, there were many times when I wished that I could kill a few of them, especially Atton. All of them felt entirely useless to me.

I want to kill on KotOR 2:

Disciple, G0-T0, Kreia

I got attached to Atton and Mira for some reason. Plus Bao-Dur really grew on me. :p I liked Visas and Mandalore was just sort of taking up some space -- fine by me. I couldn't handle killing Carth in KotOR I because you broke his heart. :p Besides... he grew on me too. ^_^

Killing Mission was so depressing... she was so nice to me. :) I hated killing Jolee the second time I went DS ending... that really sucked. (Cause I used him more.)

signature2.jpg

Fanfics:

KotOR II: After the Credits Rolled: Read

Force Sight: Read

Other:

Gaming Blog: Read

In Kotor 1 it seemed out of character for Jolee to fight against me when I went darkside.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

In Kotor 1 it seemed out of character for Jolee to fight against me when I went darkside.

Now that you point that out, that's right! He said that he leans neither way so why would he care of you go DS?

signature2.jpg

Fanfics:

KotOR II: After the Credits Rolled: Read

Force Sight: Read

Other:

Gaming Blog: Read

Now that you point that out, that's right! He said that he leans neither way so why would he care of you go DS?

No, I think you're totally misinterpreting his neutrality. He says he doesn't like either extreme meaning he dislikes them both. But obviously he wants to stop you from taking over the galaxy. He may not like extreme lightside people, but a character with neutral alignment will do good rather than evil when given the chance. They just don't go out of their way to do it. In Jolee's case, this is played out by him being holed up and even when he's with you he doesn't push you one way or the other, but he'll step in if you've gone too far.

I'd have to agree with most of you guys. The characters from KOTOR 1

were memorable, and were introduced smoothly and seamlessly

into the storyline.

In KOTOR 2, the character introductions and dialogue trees felt choppy

and frenzied, and after initial hellos, most party members had less to

say than Arnold Schwartzenegger in Terminator 3. :(

The net result of this being if KOTOR 3 opened with my entire Sith Lords crew meeting

some unspeakably gruesome and untimely demise in a little-traveled sector of the galaxy,

I probably wouldn't even bat an eyelash. :cool:

->On a side note: The storyline was pretty good. It was nice to get through an

entire game without having to tolerate a single Gizka infestation. :(

I was one of the bunch of people who expressed the wish that they had the opportunity to kill G0-T0. And playing an LSM, I frankly would have liked to dump HK-47 into space as well. Both of them. HK-47 is clearly evil. He had no place on an LSM's ship.

I want to kill on KotOR 2:

Disciple, G0-T0, Kreia

You will have to kill Kreia at the end of the game. ;)

Thats a nice spoiler for those that havn't finished it.....

Anyway, the only other person I know you can kill is Visas - I didn't but apparently you can make her sacrafice herself. It's not quite the same as the frenzied killing at the end of KOTOR though......

Thats a nice spoiler for those that havn't finished it.....

Yes...

Anyway, the only other person I know you can kill is Visas - I didn't but apparently you can make her sacrafice herself.  It's not quite the same as the frenzied killing at the end of KOTOR though......

...and that isn't? ;)

Aww I like Handmaiden and Visas Mar especialy the bounty hunter on my first play through was a bit cold to me HK47 needs a new programming yes and I wish I could dump Go-To too.

T3-M4 is usefull at the start then superceeded by Bau-Dur whom is ok and Kreia is a total hag in all ways thats my 2p so my final lign up would be Me Handmaiden (Jedi LS Mastery) and Visas Mar (LS Mastery)

You cant kill characters off when they drive the story. The only time that KOTOR lets you do it is when the characters are no longer needed as story vehicles, then it just becomes a problem with sequels.

Take BG/BGII you would come across NPCs who died in the first game, but since D&D is a magical world its much easier to rationalise.

Whether or not you can kill off your party depends entirely if you party is driving the game, or if they are just there with no real purpose. As long as the game dosnt let you do cheap things like strip off their equipment It's not a big deal if they are no longer needed.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]