Kotor2 Was amazing

Guest Dowie100

Guest Dowie100

After Completing this game, and looking back it was a hell of a game

I thought that the music really set the scene perfectly,

Like for example, on The Republic Ship on the first "Planet", the music gave you a sense that something was wrong

and The Ending Music as the Ebon Hawk headed away into the distance was so sad, it was perfect

The Fact that your characters stance and how they fought changed as you went up the levels was also very good, too

The Influence Part was excellant as well (not perfect, but good) I am currently playing the game again, to find out all the other Characters backstories, I only got Handmaiders on my First Playthrough, I also appear to be the only one to convert none of my Party to be Jedi <_<

The New robes and armour were great

The story was amazing, really mysterius and Dark, it was perfect really, a refreshing change from Kotor1, which was a lighter mood throughout most of the game

The characters in your party were interesting, and all had good backstories (gathered some more info from the forums) , HK47 is so funny :thumbsup:

The Voiceacting, Well what can I saw, Perfect, just simply Perfect

The Movie sequences were good, as well, expecially the Sith Fleet Arrives at Telo's

I liked visiting some of the Planets from K1, nostalgia, the Wrecked Jedi Enclave was my Fav. place as I remembered my Training there in K1

The characters from the 1st game, being in K2 for a short time, was a stroke of genius, It was handled perfectly

The new weather effects were really good as well, and some of the enviroments felt really quite big

All the turret mini-games were better apart from the terrible one on the first "planet"

Lol, the Scene with Mandalore in the fire, well kl, reminded me of Terminator 2

Well thats some of the things I liked about the game, what parts did you like the best

I guess what I like most is the dark feeling that Kotor 1 greatly lacks. Ex: Korriban and

Freedon Nadd's tomb on Dxun.

I think it perfectly plays out the suffering the Republic and the Jedi have taken over the past couple years.

The music also plays a good part. The Jedi theme in the re-built enclave is classic.

Never seen someone talk so much good of KotOR 2. Everyone complains about how bad, incomplete and lacking it is. Cant say I argue with them, even though people tend to be overdramatic.

Personally, nothing in the game really drew my attention. It's not a bad game, but it's not a great game either. I'll definately say it's above average on my book, but that's it.

There was one scene in the game that I did really like, and it's the meeting with the Council on the ruins of the Jedi Enclave on Dantooine. The whole scene with Kreia as you enter was emotional, and then the whole talk with the Council and Kreia intervening. A beautifully-made scene, too bad there were not more of those on the game. The music in that scene was perfect, as well, as was stated.

The comabt animations, and to some degree, the NPC AI. It wasn't perfect, they'd get stuck and stuff, and occasionally dash miles ahead of you, but it was a lot better than what I usually see of AI.

I don't play many action games, so maybe it's graphically old hat to most, but their reactions to battles, movement wise, made them seem more 'real' to me somehow.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

There was one scene in the game that I did really like, and it's the meeting with the Council on the ruins of the Jedi Enclave on Dantooine. The whole scene with Kreia as you enter was emotional, and then the whole talk with the Council and Kreia intervening. A beautifully-made scene, too bad there were not more of those on the game. The music in that scene was perfect, as well, as was stated.

I wholeheartedly agree. That music was so touching and exploring what was left of the enclave after the confrontation brought back a lot of memories from Kotor 1. I was so close to tears seeing it the way it had become, and then I searched through one of the corpses that remain and found "Bindo's Band" and then I cried for real. :( LOL

I love it when you watch the cutscenes between the characters onboard the Ebon Hawk, especially if they're fighting over the Exhile. :(

I didn't really cry in this game; I really loved the Ebon Hawk flyby at the end with the music... pretty (except I did NOT like how it cut to the credits but that is something else...)

If you take away the bad, (like nobody seems to like to do), KotOR II is a great game. Despite it's buggy and "unfinished", it's really good. So what if it's lacking, nothing's perfect.

signature2.jpg

Fanfics:

KotOR II: After the Credits Rolled: Read

Force Sight: Read

Other:

Gaming Blog: Read

Just a few favorites. When talking to HK-47 he says something to the effect of: "If I see one more person using a blaster against a Jedi, I'll shoot them myself".

The other is seeing the Basilisk touch down on Onderon. That's a badass ship. :(

I agree with it cutting right to the credits like that. I hated it in Kotor 1 when the Sith theme plays at the end, and all of a sudden the Jedi theme plays with the credits. If they can have the Imperial March play during the credits on JA, they can do the same with the Sith theme in Kotor.

And yeah the Basilisk entering the city was tight.

;)

I agree with it cutting right to the credits like that. I hated it in Kotor 1 when the Sith theme plays at the end, and all of a sudden the Jedi theme plays with the credits. If they can have the Imperial March play during the credits on JA, they can do the same with the Sith theme in Kotor.

And yeah the Basilisk entering the city was tight.

IMHO, the ONLY reason I like KOTOR in and of itself:

Excessive Mod-dability ;)

JA sucks for one reason: Multiprayer-only modding

BFront sucks for the same reason.

It's nothing but fragging, and that bores me...Killing without a reason, without a story...That is just weak. I want a story when I slaughter, and since X-Wing Alliance lacked what I consider to be a real story, I created one over the last 7 years, and yes, it has taken me this long.

KOTOR 2 has even better modding potential than KOTOR 1 did, but not for quite the same reasons as KOTOR 1...Mainly KOTOR 2 has more abilities, scripting, and functions than KOTOR 1 had...KOTOR 1 was....Limited.

Now, if the game engine problems will be patched, I will probably use KOTOR 2 to support my XWA mod, what I cannot do with XWA, K2 will be able to handle once I dig my claws into it enough.

Sigh...The largest problem with K2 is that the engine itself was based on version 1 of KOTOR, and not 1.03, which is the simple reason why the game itself is chocked with bugs...Most of these can currently be side-stepped and the missing content-storyline can be added in later (assuming Lucasfarts stops being so proud of their licenses and starts letting Obsidian actually do their damned jobs instead of holding them back), but there are fundamental problems that can only be fixed by bringing the engine up to 1.03 spec.

Until they bring K2 up to the most recent KOTOR 1 standards, this game will have some large number of un-repairable issues that will severely hamper this game's popularity and sales figures.

Oh well, all I can do is wait and see for now...The time may come when I can...Influence things...But that time won't come until later on this year when Lucas starts digging his personal claws into Lucasfarts...Admittedly, Lucasfarts has produced one sub-standard game after the other since EP1, Lucas knows this, and he said a while ago that he was getting tired of it, and was going to do something about the Lucasfarts problems after EP3 was released.

What he will actually do is not known, but I assume he wouldn't make a statement of that magnitude if he wasn't going to re-structure the personell problems at Lucasfarts that are continuing to hold things up over there.

This statement by Lucas has been a topic of discussion for a while at the XWA Upgrade, for the obvious reasons, and I think it will have sweeping repercussions for just about every single SW game out there, and I hope he will try to force things to get done with K2 if things aren't patched by then.

You see, Obsidian can only say "It'll be out soon" because if they say anything more, it would be actionable if they didn't actually do what they said they would do...They say "Soon" every week because they know how pissed off we are, and how personal some of us are getting about the defunctional nature of K2...Unfortunately, Obisidian's hands are entirely tied right now thanks to Lucasfarts.

If every single one of us would SPAM *YES SPAM* Lucasfarts and don't stop until they let Obsidian finish a patch for us, then we might actually see a patch instead of always hearing "soon" every week.

If you don't know how to setup a multi-pronged spam from multiple sources, well, too bad for you kiddo...But, you should at least send one email to Lucasfarts support, and you should definately give them a phone call.

The more they hear from *US*, the more they will be inclined to stop beating around the bush and actually *DO* something about us before they go insane trying to stop our flood of calls and emails ;)

I know, no one wants to take drastic actions, but unless we do, we will NOT see a patch, and CERTAINLY will never see the content.

Obsidian has their hands tied behind them and Lucasfarts is holding them hostage, and it is up to us to DEMAND that they stop holding up the patch and let Obsidian get things going again. I don't care if the patch isn't "Finished" (Which I know for a fact that it is, they are just waiting for Lucasfarts to give the final go-ahead, which won't happen until we start attacking Lucasfarts and demanding that we get the patch), but Lucasfarts is holding things up, and I for one, will not tolerate this any longer.

This same thing happend to XWA, and guess what we've all called it over there:

ABANDON-WARE.

Lucasfarts has decided to ABANDON further development of K2, that is why the patch is being held up and Obsidian can't do a damned thing about it.

Some wars are enevitable...This was said at one point in K2, and I'm repeating it now.

This happend once before to a game that I love: XWA....I WILL NOT SEE IT HAPPEN AGAIN!

I know this doesn't belong here and will probably get nuked, but I've had enough of this beating around the bush attitude from Lucasfarts, and I'm going to end it now, or die trying. XWA was destroyed in this exact same fashion, I will not let it happen a second time to another game that I love....

I liked the Secret Tomb as well, stroke of genius

Obisidian Entertainment is a stroke of genius. ;)

Too bad L.A. rushed them though...

It is not "Too Bad", it is a total tragedy. This is equally as horrible as what they did to Totally Games and the X-Wing series back when EP1 came out, and I just cannot stand for this anymore...I have put up with this for 7 years, it ends NOW.

No more torment...No more betrayls...

It is not "Too Bad", it is a total tragedy. This is equally as horrible as what they did to Totally Games and the X-Wing series back when EP1 came out, and I just cannot stand for this anymore...I have put up with this for 7 years, it ends NOW.

Just between you and me, I feel the same way about "that company". It's just that many of us have recently had to become 'masters of the understatement' in the wake of the forum closure scare. ;)

manthing2.jpg

Just between you and me, I feel the same way about "that company". It's just that many of us have recently had to become 'masters of the understatemen't in the wake of the forum closure scare. ;)

Obsidian has a right to fear them. I don't...I have been with them since the very beginning of their rise to power, and I have seen more than I can take.

EP1 was enough of a betrayl, now they are continuing to betray their millions of fanatically loyal fans by ruining futher development of their *REAL* games.

XWA was enough...That betrayl cost me almost everything, including my sanity...I will not be able to tolerate another such betrayl of that magnitude.

I lost a league of 500 people thanks to their cutting off X-Wing/TIE, and those people were my second family for YEARS...That pain, and what happend to me with the XWA community in the years after the fall of my league is simply too much to bear the weight of another such betrayl...Not again. Never again.

K2 is the ONLY game since XWA that I have taken a genuine liking (and living) to...No other game, from no other company, has captured my mind and soul like KotoR has....XWA and K2 are the only games I am willing to have anything to do with right now. I even left the Battle For Middle-Earth community and the huge rebalance mod I was doing there just to play K2.

Though I can enjoy K2 because I can force it to work, there are certain things that cannot be fixed, no matter how much I tear apart the game and re-assemble it, it just is not enough. It needs to be brought up to the most recent version, KOTOR 1.3 works for me perfectly, if they could simply bring K2 up to that standard, I would not be screaming out rages and calling up my old students and allies from years gone by to fight another war...

I tried fighting a war with TG and Lucasfarts over XWA after they abandoned it, but Lucasfarts literally told Larry that they would not allow XWA to be patched, even though it needed it! I was in the chat that the Datamaster's community had with Larry Holland and some others from TG regarding obtaining XWA's source code....I saw the depth of Lucasfart's betrayl of not only us, but of TG as well.

I have something of a perfect memory, one of my many gifts, and I remember every single thing they did to the X-Wing fans and the community...They are now doing the SAME things to Obsidian and this community.

If you do not stand up to the giant and weather what they threaten to do to you, then you will be forced into subjugation and this game will go the way X-Wing went!

They want one type of SW game at Lucasarts:

Easily-marketed console and/or shooter games.

Everything else has at least a two-year development cycle, Lucasfarts wants to make a one-year deadline so they can make pitiful x-mas sales and so on...They care nothing for making games that are more "Adult" as long as they can make money from selling cheaply-designed Console games.

Republic Commando is identical to Battlefront, it just uses a different shooter engine, but it's the same blasted game!

I doubt we will see a K3 unless we rise up and make Lucasfarts see how much they are ruining things for us!!

Beleive me or not, they WILL hold up development of K3 because of the problems that have happend to the PC version of K2 and unless K2 is solved in short order, I doubt we will see a K3, and IF we do, it will be so poor that it won't be worth the CD's it's burned onto!

Let Lucasfarts know your displeasure, let them know that you are willing to stand up to them and fight for your ideals. Show them that we are willing to go that extra mile, just like the Exile and Revan were willing to betray the Jedi for the good of the galaxy, so must we be willing to betray Lucasfarts for the good of KotoR's present and it's future!!

*sigh*

How did they lose their way?

During that early '90's period, they made some of the best games I've played such as Day of the Tentacle, Maniac Mansion, Sam & Max Hit the Road and the legendary Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis.

Sadly, Grim Fandango probably was the end of an era for them. ;)

manthing2.jpg

I like KOTOR/KOTOR2 better then GLs EP1/EP2 movies so far so I doubt he will solve any problems here.

Which is why I am recalling my people...If Lucas won't do anything to save the galaxy that OTHERS have written and created, then someone must stand up to these tyrants.

You think Lucas created Star Wars as it is now?? You'd be SADLY mistaken. It was created by a vast number of creative consultants, writers, and people like you and me who have poured their lives into it over the last 10 or more years!

Pah! Lucas is only responsible for doing ONE thing:

Creating the films, which have nothing to do with the SW galaxy outside of his movies.

However, because of his sub-par first two films, he has ruined OTHER people's work! A lot of the greatest SW writers like Zahn, Stackpole, and others have ABANDONED SW because of the ENDLESS contradictions that Lucas always creates between his new movies, and the books they have written!!

As Lucas continues to ruin continuity, he continues to ruin a LOT of people's hard work and makes their efforts turn into nothing but nickel&dime pieces of crap!

However, my war against Lucas may never come...My war with Lucasarts has secretly been going on for many years now, and if they continue to ruin things, I will act to preserve things before they get ruined again...I care not what I have to do..

Obsidian's credibility has been severely damaged because of K2's problems! That is NO ONE's fault except for Lucasart's!! They were the ONLY people who ruined Obsidian's hard work with K2!

Now they slap THE DEVELOPERS, and US THE PAYING CUSTOMERS WHO CAN END UP LIVING THEIR LIVES PLAYING THESE GAMES AND MODDING THEM in the face by not allowing Obsidian to release the patch which is undoubtedly finished by now!

Let's see I posted something like this my first time through with all my misconceptions :D so I'll try to paraphrase hopefully with none of that having now played this game 4x(LS Guardian/Weapon Master, LS Consular/Jedi Master, DS Consular/Sith Lord, LS Consular/Jedi Master using lots of DS powers).

Prologue - The image of the damaged Ebon Hawk was a bit disconcerting and made me wonder what happened to its original crew, as in Revan et al. Nowhere in KotOR 1 is the Ebon Hawk shown in such a state of disrepair so the contrast was very apparent.

Peragus - Pretty routine. I found the turret game at the end quite fun as I noticed it was much more accurate than in the first game.

Telos - Also pretty routine. Enjoyed the lovely graphics planetside.

Nar Shaddar - Lots of things to do if a little bit long. I liked the Jekk Jekk Tarr with the aliens and interesting effects, very much in tune with Star Wars. The music in the cantina is a rearrangement from the Taris cantina...and I couldn't help reminiscing about that destroyed world from KotOR 1.

Dantooine - Ooo so many memories from KotOR 1...what Dantooine was like then and now, great contrast again. Gone are the Matales and Sandrals and their endless feuding. Once again, you get hints of the past here and there, the old Matale estate now known as Khoonda, overheard conversations etc and of course the ruined Academy. I remember talking to Master Zhar as Revan at the training room and the other masters at the council, now reduced to ruins. The route to the old landing spot is blocked. And I finally get to kill that irritating Vrook.

Dxun - Great graphics and music. A place littered with relics from the Mandalorian Wars - droid soldiers, remains of republic soldiers, weapons caches. It didn't take me long to figure out Mandalore was really good ole Candyman suited up in cool armor. I liked how the Mandalorians were portrayed with their militaristic culture, not dissimilar from ancient Sparta.

Onderron - As someone said, this was lifted from AOTC with that Indian-sounding Queen Talia and her knight in shining armor Jedi Kavar.

Korriban - Another one of those planets from KotOR 1. Enjoyed exploring the ruined Sith Academy with Bastila's cameo. And of course the DS cave with the ghostly images was very well done, especially playing LS. In hindsight, Malak truly seemed like a pawn, manipulated by the Force to his own detriment. I recall what he said in his dying breath on the Star Forge about what his fate would have been had he instead of Revan been captured by the Jedi. I didn't like the "apathy is death" bug which prevented Kreia from disappearing if you chose to help her.

Ravager - Heh, Mandalorians trying to relive their past, 'nuff said. Wow, I really liked Carth's and Bastila's cameo, especially the part when Carth starts reminiscing about how he met Revan...

Melachor V - First time I played I thought the game ended with Carth's and Bastila's cameo so this was like an epilogue. Due to Obsidian/Lucasarts cutting a lot of material after the Ravager, this planet felt a little rushed and meaningless but I enjoyed the combat. Also Sion's defeat when he finds his final rest.

I must apologize for my rage, anger, and hate, but those of you who have been living SW for as many years as I have may have some inkling of understanding of what I feel for Lucasarts and their continued betrayls...

Ultimately, during my time with LSF and EH, I let SW become my life, and when Lucasarts slapped us all in the face by killing X-Wing, it ruined EVERYTHING...The league began to fragment as the best Force Masters among us became bored of killing everyone we faced in JK1 and XvT in those days...When XWA was abandoned and no further games were made, that was the end for everything I was so involved in.

I lost people who had been very deep friends for years as the leagues fragmented....It was like I was the Exile and I was watching everyone fade away around me over Malachor...Almost exactly the same...

That is why I feel the way I do about KotoR....It is SO familiar to my own story and the story of those I was attached to!

When K2 and Obsidian have now been betrayed like this....You can see why I have such deep hatred for Lucasarts for continuing to do this to me and everyone else in the community.

If it was just about what they did to me, I wouldn't bother...However, this is about the fate of the game itself, and the entire community, because without a patch, people are QUICKLY going to leave this game, that is a FACT.

People are really losing all hope that K2 will ever be patched, and those same people are quickly losing hope that K3 will be even half as good as K2 is, *IF* Lucasarts lets another KotoR game be made after this mess!!