Another week gone by and no Patch in sight.

I'm willing to bet one of the Lucasarts QA guys found out that the game was actually playable, and labelled that as a bug, stating "Lucasarts games should not be playable, under any circumstances. I have detected trace amounts of fun, and they shall be eradicated."

More on the story "soon".

lol.giflol.giflol.giflol.giflol.giflol.giflol.gif

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

FerCry, all true, never said otherwise. I'm just pointing out that just because Obsidian were done with the patch and sent it to LA does not mean that it wasn't sent back for whatever reason. We don't knbow why the patch hasn't been released yet.

But Feargus just said that there is no reason for the patch's release. The patch is done. It is out of Obsidian hands. LA has not sent it back to them. Read what Feargus is saying.

LOL @ the LA figuring out how to install the patch!

I check in weekly to see if the patch is out yet, but truth be told I'm losing interest and moving on. Still, KoTOR 2 was a wonderful game in my book, even though I wish there had been a few less bugs. I still got my money's worth out of it, patch or no patch.

I check in weekly to see if the patch is out yet, but truth be told I'm losing interest and moving on.  Still, KoTOR 2 was a wonderful game in my book, even though I wish there had been a few less bugs.  I still got my money's worth out of it, patch or no patch.

Same here. Great title, even with the issues. I'm just waiting to replay it at this point, and waiting for the patch gives me an excuse to play something else. I feel for those who can't play the game, for in my opinion it really was an excellent follow-up to the first KotOR.

So the Lucasarts QA department finally figured out how to install it?

Too funny.

I check in weekly to see if the patch is out yet, but truth be told I'm losing interest and moving on.  Still, KoTOR 2 was a wonderful game in my book, even though I wish there had been a few less bugs.  I still got my money's worth out of it, patch or no patch.

Same here. Great title, even with the issues. I'm just waiting to replay it at this point, and waiting for the patch gives me an excuse to play something else. I feel for those who can't play the game, for in my opinion it really was an excellent follow-up to the first KotOR.

So the Lucasarts QA department finally figured out how to install it?

Too funny.

at least u PCer's get a patch the most us Xbox fans can get is the possibility of an upgrade disk.

Uh, download from Xbox Live?

TSL isn't Live enabled.

Microsoft don't allow patches via xbox live. Which is a good idea, because it means that companies won't be encouraged to race it out the door and patch it later via xbox live.

Sadly, it might take some companies a few bad releases before they realise they only get one shot at it.

I remember some time ago on those blasted Interplay boards about this idiot whining about problems/bugs/whatever for BG:DA on PS. The problems were minor, but he said tey needed to be fixed, or game designers/programmers should get fired for it. Lots of people tried telling him you cant fix a console game without redoing the whole thing. He wouldn't listen and got the "Fist of the Ban" :rolleyes:

I remember some time ago on those blasted Interplay boards about this idiot whining about problems/bugs/whatever for BG:DA on PS. The problems were minor, but he said tey needed to be fixed, or game designers/programmers should get fired for it. Lots of people tried telling him you cant fix a console game without redoing the whole thing. He wouldn't listen and got the "Fist of the Ban"  :rolleyes:

Consider that his punishment for playing BG:DA! :)

manthing2.jpg

Only one thing was awesome in Dark Alliance: Jeremy Soule's music. The game itself symbolizes the downfall of Baldur's Gate franchise.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

"The game itself symbolizes the downfall of Baldur's Gate franchise."

No. The game is awesome. It also STRENGTHENED the BG franchise.

The engine is awesome. The combat is awesome. The characetrs are awesome.

The story was okay. The game could be longer though. 10 hours does not equal worthy of a new game pruchase which is why I waited and bought it for $30 instead of the original $60+.

Still, great action game. :thumbsup:

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Something bad is with Volournia.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

I'm not usually one to complain, and I'm sorry to put my first post on this thread (hello), but I wanted to add my 2cents to the bucket. I don't see much point in online petitions or starting flame wars over a patch, but there is some point to be made.

I played about half the game and I really liked it. Good story, I think, and some interesting characters. Like other people (probably) I had some issues--nothing show stopping, but definitely vexing. So I'm patiently waiting in the hopes that the patch will sort out a few of them. Ce la vie.

Mainly I wanted to contribute to the discussion because, for every person who vocally gripes on the internet about the problems of this game, there are probably many people like me, who wait quietly and a little frustratedly and who might be a little more shy about buying the game next time.

I don't mean that as a dig at Obsidian, I really don't. I just don't want them to end up like Black Isle or Troika because it means that many fewer great rpgs. Troika made 3 interesting games but they all had significant problems, even after patching.

The KOTOR2 patch? It's done when it's done and it fixes what it fixes, IMHO. I'm going back to lurking, in any case. But I really hope that the next game they do, NWN2 or whatnot, gets that extra bit of polish rather than continuing a Troika-esque trend.

I'm not usually one to complain, and I'm sorry to put my first post on this thread (hello), but I wanted to add my 2cents to the bucket.  I don't see much point in online petitions or starting flame wars over a patch, but there is some point to be made.

I played about half the game and I really liked it.  Good story, I think, and some interesting characters.  Like other people (probably) I had some issues--nothing show stopping, but definitely vexing.  So I'm patiently waiting in the hopes that the patch will sort out a few of them.  Ce la vie.

Mainly I wanted to contribute to the discussion because, for every person who vocally gripes on the internet about the problems of this game, there are probably many people like me, who wait quietly and a little frustratedly and who might be a little more shy about buying the game next time. 

I don't mean that as a dig at Obsidian, I really don't.  I just don't want them to end up like Black Isle or Troika because it means that many fewer great rpgs.  Troika made 3 interesting games but they all had significant problems, even after patching.

The KOTOR2 patch?  It's done when it's done and it fixes what it fixes, IMHO.  I'm going back to lurking, in any case.  But I really hope that the next game they do, NWN2 or whatnot, gets that extra bit of polish rather than continuing a Troika-esque trend.

Yeah, I pretty much agree with you here. The only thing that bothers me something fierce is the Dantooine graphics bug where everything slows down to like 2fps and whenever you do something your character is at the far side of the world, kissing the wall. The remedy is to switch between High and Medium (or low) detail level. That usually sets the game straight.

And the occasional crash-bug.

That they had to cut many things from the game, sure it's annoying but it's not such a big deal for me considering I enjoyed this game enough to run through it at least four times, no? If they unlock some of the cut content in the next patch and fix some minor plot-holes I'd have little to complain about since I think this game kicks ass already.

Bugs? Klingon Software does not have 'Bugs'. It has FEATURES and they are too sophisticated for a Romulan pig like you to understand!

HK-47: "Recitation: First, weapon selection is critical. If I see one more idiot attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself."

HK-47: "Answer: Select grenades, sonic screamers, cluster rockets and plasma charges. Mines are also effective, since many Jedi will run to meet you in hand to hand combat. Silly Jedi."

Any idea as to when the patch will be released hopefully after the holidays or am I just stuck in a jedi trance? (sure I beat the game like 5 times with no patch but i feel like im still missing alot maybe the patch will fix those issues who knows,and i will beat the game again if it is the content patch we all hope it to be the on thing i still dont get ive read that there is a holo vid of carth in t3 but no matter what i do i cant get it and the first time i played the game carth was a general but when i restarted from scratch he became a black general what did i do wrong?)

I'm not usually one to complain, and I'm sorry to put my first post on this thread (hello), but I wanted to add my 2cents to the bucket.  I don't see much point in online petitions or starting flame wars over a patch, but there is some point to be made.

I played about half the game and I really liked it.  Good story, I think, and some interesting characters.  Like other people (probably) I had some issues--nothing show stopping, but definitely vexing.  So I'm patiently waiting in the hopes that the patch will sort out a few of them.  Ce la vie.

I don't mean that as a dig at Obsidian, I really don't.  I just don't want them to end up like Black Isle or Troika because it means that many fewer great rpgs.  Troika made 3 interesting games but they all had significant problems, even after patching.

The KOTOR2 patch?  It's done when it's done and it fixes what it fixes, IMHO.  I'm going back to lurking, in any case.  But I really hope that the next game they do, NWN2 or whatnot, gets that extra bit of polish rather than continuing a Troika-esque trend.

Please don't lurk. You've made a much better constructive comment for your first post than half the "newbies" have made in all their 50 or so posts combined. ;)

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Any idea as to when the patch will be released hopefully after the holidays or am I just stuck in a jedi trance? (sure I beat the game like 5 times with no patch but i feel like im still missing alot maybe the patch will fix those issues who knows,and i will beat the game again if it is the content patch we all hope it to be the on thing i still dont get ive read that there is a holo vid of carth in t3 but no matter what i do i cant get it and the first time i played the game carth was a general but when i restarted from scratch he became a black general what did i do wrong?)

You choose Revan to be Dark Side. The way you get the Holovid is if Revan was a female, and have an intellegence of 14, along with some influence with T3.