Another week gone by and no Patch in sight.

Just going to comment on the speculation that there isn't a patch - that's silly. :(

As for the patch, as far as we know there is nothing else stopping it being released, so it really should be soon.

Nothing but LucasArts.

Too true, too true.

Live forever or die trying.

jengaaaaux2.gif

Just going to comment on the speculation that there isn't a patch - that's silly. :(

As for the patch, as far as we know there is nothing else stopping it being released, so it really should be soon.

Wow... And there you have it people...

This tells you a lot more then just the status of the patch.

I will believe this when a patch is accually released.

Vampire - Bloodlines took awhile for a patch to come out and it hardly fixed a thing and Activision just said that all the slowdowns are due to your machines not being fast enough. lol

If lucasarts do the same thing, they won't get another penny from me that is for sure.

"Um, in case you weren't reading Obsidian is done with the patch and have been so for weeks."

If they were done with it; it likely would have been released by now. Chances are that some bugs were fun in the patch and it was sent back to Obsidian so they cna fix it. ;)

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"Um, in case you weren't reading Obsidian is done with the patch and have been so for weeks."

If they were done with it; it likely would have been released by now. Chances are that some bugs were fun in the patch and it was sent back to Obsidian so they cna fix it. :)

Not really, the QA process is more complex than just trying the installer to see if it works. ;)

Also, you need to add the international releases (new text introduced or modified needs new translations, etc.)

Probably LA decided to really test the patch this time... not like they did with the game. :thumbsup:

"Not really, the QA process is more complex than just trying the installer to see if it works.

Also, you need to add the international releases (new text introduced or modified needs new translations, etc.)

Probably LA decided to really test the patch this time... not like they did with the game."

Um, this doesn't refute my post at all. Unless you gonan say the first run through of the patch was bug free that is. Chances are, QA foudn some bugs and shipped it back to Obsidian to fix it.

I'm willing to bet one of the Lucasarts QA guys found out that the game was actually playable, and labelled that as a bug, stating "Lucasarts games should not be playable, under any circumstances. I have detected trace amounts of fun, and they shall be eradicated."

More on the story "soon".

Um, this doesn't refute my post at all. Unless you gonan say the first run through of the patch was bug free that is. Chances are, QA foudn some bugs and shipped it back to Obsidian to fix it.

I do not need to refute your post, our friend Feargus did it:

Just going to comment on the speculation that there isn't a patch - that's silly. ;)

In there he states that they are not doing anything with the patch.

So, we can conclude that the only thing that is stopping the patch is LA. :)

Then, you can read my post where i state the things that could be stopping it now:

-International Releases (new/modified text and compatibility issues)

-Looking if nothing was broken when trying to solve the "known problems"

When you find a problem with the patch, it doesn't mean that it will go back to the developers for fixing "as soon as you can", specially in the gaming industry. The bug is added to the bug log for fixing, it receives a priority, if it is too high, then it is fixed, if not, it remains in the "TO DO" list and the patch is released anyway. :thumbsup:

I'm willing to bet one of the Lucasarts QA guys found out that the game was actually playable, and labelled that as a bug, stating "Lucasarts games should not be playable, under any circumstances. I have detected trace amounts of fun, and they shall be eradicated."

:)

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

More on the story "soon".

Marvelous! :)

FerCry, all true, never said otherwise. I'm just pointing out that just because Obsidian were done with the patch and sent it to LA does not mean that it wasn't sent back for whatever reason. We don't knbow why the patch hasn't been released yet.

Just going to comment on the speculation that there isn't a patch - that's silly.

This is the same kind of fairy tale as your blurb about cut storyline.

Feargie I don't believe you. ;)

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Are people placing too much faith in the patch treating it as some sort of Holy Grail? Aside from the proportion of ppl for whom the game is completely unplayable i doubt it will fix the game enough for us to change our opinion of it.

For those who can run the game but are not playing until a patch gets released - don't wait just play the game, the bugs arent too bad, just save a lot if you are worried.

Of course i hope i am proved wrong