KOTOR 2 Tweak Guide @ TweakGuides.com

Thanks PersianImmortal - I am certain this will be a great asset! I am also going to stick this unless admin feels it should not be and/or you choose otherwise.

Respectfully,

Fionavar

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

Please See: http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=32173

I have decided to clean up the sticky area somewhat so please feel free to access the links there as well. I will keep this thread open for any feedback that might assist PersianImmortal develop the great resource he has shared!

Respectfully,

Fionavar

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

Excellent guide, as usual.  Quick quetsion though.  I don't have an entry for emitters in my ini.  Would inserting emitters=1 enable the effects or disable them, and are they already enabled?  Cheers.

It's odd that you don't have an emitters entry. Do you have an ATI or Nvidia graphics card? Try inserting the line in the relevant place, and I've updated my guide to show that =1 enables emitters, =0 disables them.

Right - I've added the line but near as I can tell it hasn't changed anything. I can only assume that the features are enabled by default. I had a look through the .ini for KOTOR and found the emitters line there though... The interesting thing is that in KOTOR2 I can force 1280x768 through the ini file, but when I try that in KOTOR it just defaults to 800x600 (looks like they did more to the engine than it seems).

Right - I've added the line but near as I can tell it hasn't changed anything.  I can only assume that the features are enabled by default.  I had a look through the .ini for KOTOR and found the emitters line there though...  The interesting thing is that in KOTOR2 I can force 1280x768 through the ini file, but when I try that in KOTOR it just defaults to 800x600 (looks like they did more to the engine than it seems).

It may well not do anything significant, but the line does exist in most .ini files by default.

As for KOTOR 2 vs KOTOR resolution, I recall KOTOR did have resolution limitations, so I guess you can't set your custom resolution. The engine isn't identical from both games, but is virtually the same.