Content Patch

There was a patch for xbox KOTOR1 that added the PC content.  I'm pretty sure the xbox users could download it via xboxlive if they had it.

Yep, Kotor 1 was Live enabled. Kotor 2 is not. Even if a patch was made, Xbox users would have no way to access it.

How about some sort of expansion disk? It could be included with a few different Lucasarts products as a bonuc, and made available on Lucasarts website for free. (not counting shipping, of course.)

How about some sort of expansion disk? It could be included with a few different Lucasarts products as a bonuc, and made available on Lucasarts website for free. (not counting shipping, of course.)

Wouldn't that require quite a bit of time and money? I think of expansion packs like HotU and SoU and figure each took a good amount of time to create, even if they are much shorter than the OC.

Not to be skeptical, but I think the chances of a content patch are slim to none. Both time, money, and Lucasarts' unwillingness to be fan friendly make it an unviable option.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Guest Dowie100
An RPG without a PC. I'm not ver experienced with RPG or vidoegames in general, but has this ever been done? There's no central character. At each planet, a character has a mission. At the end of their respective missions, they all rendezvous at a Sith world to meet the Exile and Revan. They are ambushed and characters die in a climaic sacrifice. At the end, when you do meet Revan and the Exile, all characters from the games die to save the galaxy. Kind of depressing but, very nice idea. If a developer wants to try something new, this could be done.

Personally, I wouldn't want all of them to die. Someone has to live, for the sake of a "happy" ending. I really like your resolution too. This way, if there's a title called KoTOR 4, none of the current characters can be included. ;)

But as I asked before, has there ever been an RPG without a central character. I would miss being my own Jedi. That's the only thing I'm unsure off with your idea. I like to pretend the PC is me. :devil: I know it sounds weird. But I want to feel that I, and my character, have accomplished something. I love your setup and your ending, but it's the no central character thing that I'm not feeling. But it's just me. :geek:

Very ambtious of you though. Are you a writer?

No actually Im not a writer, that was just what I would do if I made Kotor3, thanks very much for the comments though

Wouldn't that require quite a bit of time and money? I think of expansion packs like HotU and SoU and figure each took a good amount of time to create, even if they are much shorter than the OC.

Not to be skeptical, but I think the chances of a content patch are slim to none. Both time, money, and Lucasarts' unwillingness to be fan friendly make it an unviable option.

I wasnt thinking of any large expansion disk. (At least not for free) I didn't make myself clear. This disk would just have for the Xbox the stuff a content patch would have for the PC.

Do I want a resolution to KoTOR 1 and 2? Or do I want a good story more than a resolution?

Why couldn't both be accomplished with Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic III? It seemed to me that Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords not only essentially just set the stage for the series becoming a trilogy, for resolution to be offered in the third installment, but also set the stage for what could be a very interesting adventure set in the Outer Regions.

At this point, I feel like I would be very disappointed if Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic III didn't continue the current storyline at all. I wouldn't want it to skip ahead fifty years into the future and just forget about Revan and the Exile. It would feel a lot more empty to me than Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords's ending came even close to feeling, I think.

Even if it didn't just forget about Revan and the Exile, but still took place fifty years into the future, I still would prefer it not do so. Even if it still took place in the Outer Regions, following in their footsteps to confront the "True" Sith Empire, I just think it would end up feeling too...detached, from the previous two installments, as well as sort of lessen the impact of the threat posed by the "True" Sith Empire itself. Hearing about Revan and the Exile as "historical figures" that existed fifty years ago would kind of lessen my attachment to their characters for the duration of the third installment. Personally, I would prefer that Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic III simply move forward by just a few years or so, like the gap between the first two.

Do I want a resolution to KoTOR 1 and 2? Or do I want a good story more than a resolution?

Why couldn't both be accomplished with Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic III? It seemed to me that Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords not only essentially just set the stage for the series becoming a trilogy, for resolution to be offered in the third installment, but also set the stage for what could be a very interesting adventure set in the Outer Regions.

At this point, I feel like I would be very disappointed if Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic III didn't continue the current storyline at all. I wouldn't want it to skip ahead fifty years into the future and just forget about Revan and the Exile. It would feel a lot more empty to me than Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords's ending came even close to feeling, I think.

Even if it didn't just forget about Revan and the Exile, but still took place fifty years into the future, I still would prefer it not do so. Even if it still took place in the Outer Regions, following in their footsteps to confront the "True" Sith Empire, I just think it would end up feeling too...detached, from the previous two installments, as well as sort of lessen the impact of the threat posed by the "True" Sith Empire itself. Hearing about Revan and the Exile as "historical figures" that existed fifty years ago would kind of lessen my attachment to their characters for the duration of the third installment. Personally, I would prefer that Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic III simply move forward by just a few years or so, like the gap between the first two.

I agree. If they completely abanded the story of the first two games, it would just feel... wrong.

I agree. If they completely abanded the story of the first two games, it would just feel... wrong.

My guess is the game will just have tidbits of what happened, rather than follow the storyline. For instance, you'll meet an old Jedi along your journey who will go into a long diatribe about the events of the past (ie. Revan and Exile), in essense being told rather than being active in the resolution.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Well when I wrote this, I was thinking of a way to sidestep the 16 different possiblities that result from the male/female, DS/LS, Revan/Exile outcomes. It's not what I want. Just a possibilty to sidestep.

I also don't have faith in getting a good story and good resolution. Maybe it's cynicism, or a lack of faith in LucasArts marketing. Maybe I don't think any developer can put this together. It's just me.

In truth I do want a resolution to the story. Will we fight the Sith alongside Revan and Exile? I want to know their fates, and the fate of the Jedi, Mandalorians and Republic. But what I wrote was nothing more than a way to escape the myriad endings resulting from both KoTOR's.

I with you Grant. :p I just need faith. :D

*Cough* My version of a decent KoToR 3 ^_^

20 years after exile leaves known space...new sith threat are invading and noone has any idea who or what they are(Kinda like the Vuzon Yhang or whatever). News has spread that both Revan and the exile are dead...having fallen before the new lords. Character would be part of a new, slowly building Jedi order(since exile was supposed to be the last Jedi). This way they could avoid cameo's, they could avoid the entire alignment factor and gender factor even by simply placing that Revan and Exile are both DEAD. This would also give rise to the new hero and what not....

I'd also be hoping for something along the lines of a non-human main character....I'd rather play a big, mean, vicious wookie scout the entire game without ever being a jedi than to go through with only the choice of being human and faces that arent new..but updated versions from the previous two games. The material for making an alien raced main character is all there...it would be nice, and they could even make it sort of never-winter nights styled O_O!

If there is a content patch i think it should only be th HK factory and the planet, maybe hooded robes and different lightsaber hilts.

But they cant add the endings back as it will mess up the game and maybe ruin chances of a KOTOR3.

At the end when talking to Traya she tells you that your party are the lost jedi, they simply needed a leader and a teacher. She tells you that they will train jedi, and Disciple will reform the council on corusant.

But if the endings are added they will all die, so what will happen to the Jedi?  These are the lost jedi that will create other jedi but without them who will train the jedi?

Who cares, the Jedi Order sucks anyway... ;);)"

Here's what I think would be a neat and tidy way for the next Knights game to start. It is fifty years after the second game.

Since Revan and the Exile left known space, the Jedi Order is left in tact as per the last game, but empty due to the Exiles departure and the death of the last Council. Atton (or Mira, or Bao, or Handmaiden or the Disciple - it can be a choice at the beginning of the game, somewhere in the dialogue) was the only Jedi or Sith left (again, depending on an early dialogue). He trained no known apprentice.

The main character is a hired mercenary in a Civil War on x planet. Depending on what side you choose to fight on (most likely, as on Onderon, a royal versus revolutionary battle, but the royalty could be the bad guys this time, or whatever) the main character eventually wins the battle for one side and is congratulated by the leader of either faction, depending. The leader, a very old and travelled person who knew Master Atton (or whoever, I prefer Atton) senses something in you, a flicker of the Force. (The old man or woman was going to become a Jedi once, but left early in his training to become a revolutionary and a politician). He points you secretly towards Atton's only known apprentice on an obscure planet somewhere to train you. He points you there because, before Atton's apprentice went into hiding for an unknown reason after his masters death, he asked this man to keep an eye out for a potential apprentice to help him fight an outside threat that could, as usual, destroy the galaxy. However, the Apprentice cannot come and look himself, because if he is discovered and killed, the Sith or Jedi will become truly extinct and this threat (from the Outer Rim, where Revan and the Exile went) would.... destroy the galaxy!

That is just off the top of my head, though.

My guess is the game will just have tidbits of what happened, rather than follow the storyline.  For instance, you'll meet an old Jedi along your journey who will go into a long diatribe about the events of the past (ie. Revan and Exile), in essense being told rather than being active in the resolution.

That would be for the best. And it would allow for the devs to put time into really important things instead of having to divert their efforts into creating multiple storylines that had to perfectly fit with the current plot while at the same time not incurring into any inconsistencies with the plots from K1/K2.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

After KotOR2, I'm just hoping someone -- anyone -- makes a another sci-fi based RPG so I don't have to be completely disapointed with a sequel.

Something as good as NwN. The fanbase for NwN is amazing -- some of the modules they have in the Hall of Fame, in my opinion, are better than the original campaign and both expansion packs. :lol:

LucasArts, you've lost a fan with your cynical penurious attitude. I shall be very skeptical of all your future work. :(

What was it the Exile said to Kreia in the cave on Korriban? -- Fool me once, more fool you; fool me twice, more fool me ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I'm sorry, but I simply can't support the notion that a game should be reduced in quality to make room for a sequal, especially when it's based on nebulous notions about what may or may not be included for content. TSL might have Carth and/or Bastilla depending on your choices of Revan, and given the number of NPCs in KotOR I, that should be an indicator, if nothing else, that the number of NPCs in a previous game is meaningless.

Obsidian built a great sequal to a game that wasn't set up for one in any way; it's only real downfall is the excellent content that was cut, content that would have improved the game greatly. TSL sets the stage for KotOR III far better than KotOR I set the stage for TSL, including cut conversations, such as the one between Visas and Mandalore. If Obisidan can make a sequal of this calibur, despite its flaws (and which can only improve if/when the cut content is restored), to a game that had no build up for a sequal what so ever, then they, or another developer of equal skill, can make KotOR III an excellent game with the foreshadowing and plot developments of TSL.

And, for additional evidence, I will refer to BG II, which was a great game even though it had almost no ties to BG I and no direct tie to the Bhaal Spawn at all (your divine status made you a candidate for Irenicus' attentions, but that was incidental to the Bhaal Spawn prophecies themselves).

Obsidian built a great sequal to a game that wasn't set up for one in any way; it's only real downfall is the excellent content that was cut, content that would have improved the game greatly. TSL sets the stage for KotOR III far better than KotOR I set the stage for TSL, including cut conversations, such as the one between Visas and Mandalore. If Obisidan can make a sequal of this calibur, despite its flaws (and which can only improve if/when the cut content is restored), to a game that had no build up for a sequal what so ever, then they, or another developer of equal skill, can make KotOR III an excellent game with the foreshadowing and plot developments of TSL.

Perhaps they would have had more time to actually deal with TSL if they hadn't simply assumed Revan was a LS male instead of writing all the alternatives. You might think that is no work, but you would be wrong. They centered a lot on replayability, perhaps a bit too much, and it shows. They went for too ambicious a project, but they didn't have the time or the manpower to pull it off properly. I don't want K3 to suffer from the same flaws.

And, for additional evidence, I will refer to BG II, which was a great game even though it had almost no ties to BG I and no direct tie to the Bhaal Spawn at all (your divine status made you a candidate for Irenicus' attentions, but that was incidental to the Bhaal Spawn prophecies themselves).

My point exactly. BGII basically ignored all of the player's decisions for BG, and went for a set plot, which gave the devs freedom to develop BGII's plot without restricting ties. Also note that in BG you could not get a "darkside" ending, which simplified this task greatly.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Sorry, I haven't the whole thread, but just to say that yes, a content patch would be fantastic!

But about the droid factory, I think this module should be added too. It's almost complete - The Holowan Laboratories extracted them from the Xbox version and posted them on the web for the PC users - they can be found somewhere here:

http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=324

(sorry I no longer have the exact link)

Anyway, including the HK droid factory in the game would solve this somewhat pointless conversation with HK47 about signal triangulation... It's a very good module.

Please Obsidan, try to convince LA...