Content Patch

Guest Dowie100
Well, I have no interest wasting my money on it till KotOR 2 is fully fixed.

Well my friend, I am afraid you may never get Kotor3 then

It is very disappointing but as Far as I can see there is almost no hope of a content patch, Despite Obsidian wanting to do one, Damned Lucasarts, Im buying that new RTS and thats it, no more of your games

Actually, I don't think they even need to go that far into the future.  From what I could make out of the ending, both Revan and Exile are now outside Republic space battling the "True Sith" so it's probably highly unlikely that they'll just happen to run across any of their old buddies :(.

Ah-ha. But what about the crazy fanboy/fangirls who will bombard the internet with "We want Revan/We want Exile" posts? Way I originally thought was that KoTOR 3 was leading up to the war with the "True Sith". I suppose that forgetting about them could work. I feel IMHO, that KoTOR 2 should've used less Revan. It made me overly curious about his/her whereabouts. Now I WANT A RESOLUTION! Forgive the caps please. :)

Well, they could still use Revan and Exile but base the story in the Outer Rim. That way you still wont be running across your old buddies and Rev and Ex are not your PC but just part of the storyline. Mentioned but never seen.

Not possible since LA has the last word on who uses the title "star wars" and "jedi" etc, there could be major legal implications if Obsidian and Bioware teamed up to do it without LA since they hold the license on this. Anything star wars goes through LA or doesn't happen

Well, they could still use Revan and Exile but base the story in the Outer Rim.  That way you still wont be running across your old buddies and Rev and Ex are not your PC but just part of the storyline.  Mentioned but never seen.

Sort of like KoTOR 2 and Revan, Bastila and Carth. The thing I can't get past is that if we mention eithe Revan or Exile, then we might discuss have how they affected the galaxy. And the outcomes LS or DS are different. Unless the devs just say that Revan & Exile left. There's no real resolution. The gender wars will continue.

By basing the next story far into the future, the next devs wouldn't have to deal with the affects of KoTOR 1 and 2. Revan. Exile and the other NPC's can all be expected to die. Except T3 and HK-47. Of course as I'm typing this, I'm still not sure if this is waht I'd like to see. Do I want a resolution to KoTOR 1 and 2? Or do I want a good story more than a resolution? I think I'd leave Revan and the Exile, and their genders, to my imagination. Give me a complete story instead, KoTOR 3 developers.

Well, that's my rationale for my "50 years into the future" scenario. :)

:( to 50 yeas in the future, or :( to Brianna dying. :lol:

The Brianna bit.

No objection to the game being set 50 years in the future.

Yeah, I know. But didn't Traya say that Brianna will die in battle? That's why I had the Brianna dying bit. It's a romantic notion that she will always fight until she's in her 70's-80's. Her last battle will end Czerka's reign on Telos. :)

Well, they could still use Revan and Exile but base the story in the Outer Rim.  That way you still wont be running across your old buddies and Rev and Ex are not your PC but just part of the storyline.  Mentioned but never seen.

Sort of like KoTOR 2 and Revan, Bastila and Carth. The thing I can't get past is that if we mention eithe Revan or Exile, then we might discuss have how they affected the galaxy. And the outcomes LS or DS are different. Unless the devs just say that Revan & Exile left. There's no real resolution. The gender wars will continue.

By basing the next story far into the future, the next devs wouldn't have to deal with the affects of KoTOR 1 and 2. Revan. Exile and the other NPC's can all be expected to die. Except T3 and HK-47. Of course as I'm typing this, I'm still not sure if this is waht I'd like to see. Do I want a resolution to KoTOR 1 and 2? Or do I want a good story more than a resolution? I think I'd leave Revan and the Exile, and their genders, to my imagination. Give me a complete story instead, KoTOR 3 developers.

Well, that's my rationale for my "50 years into the future" scenario. :lol:

That's why I thought the next game would be set in the outer rim. It seemed as if the story was going the way of not mattering whether you were dark or light because Revan would need the help of anyone who could use the force, Sith or Jedi. That way your choices of dark or light in the previous games would not matter as the threat was to both, possibly creating a temporary alliance?

Guest Dowie100

My Kotor3 Idea:

What about there isnt a main character, and your team is made up of Members from Kotor1,2

Ie Bastila, Brianna/or Deciple, Visas, Atton, Mira,Bao-Dur

You spend the game, looking around several planets for Revan and the Exile, building up clues on each planet, you are attacked by the Sith on all the planets,

On second last planet you find where Revan and the Exile are, BUT the part is then attacked by a Sith Lord (true one) that they are no match for, Brianna/ or Desciple attack the Sith Lord and die (forfilling prophesy at end of K2) so that the others can escape,

The Last Planet you meet Reven and the Exile, and have to fight the true Sith Lords

Two outcomes, either you fail and eveyone dies

or You win but the party is all killed as the planet is destroyed, due to Sith Lords dying, but you have saved the Galaxy

End of Game, Roll Credits( This way it concludes the series, in a dramatic and final way)

That's why I thought the next game would be set in the outer rim.  It seemed as if the story was going the way of not mattering whether you were dark or light because Revan would need the help of anyone who could use the force, Sith or Jedi.  That way your choices of dark or light in the previous games would not matter as the threat was to both, possibly creating a temporary alliance?

The DS Exile stays on Malachor. The LS Exile goes off to help Revan fight the threat. Then there's the whole Ebon Hawk matter. Is it destroyed or is it still flying towards the Outer Rim?

I understand what you mean about adventures in the Outer Rim. That's where I thought KoTOR 3 would be heading. The Exile and Revan meet up to end the Sith threat and they will be aided by the PC. I guess the only the only thing to settle this way, would be gender. Then we have to decide how the Exile looks Revan could wear the stupid mask. So forgetting each character's alignment could work. Then there's the PC. What will he/she have to do? COnquer the glaxy or save it? Kill Revan and/or Exile? Or join them?

Meh. I have confused myself. I don't envy the developers who have to sort this out in KoTOR 3. If it's made. :( Good luck whomever they will be. :lol:

My Kotor3 Idea:

What about there isnt a main character, and your team is made up of Members from Kotor1,2

Ie Bastila, Brianna/or Deciple, Visas, Atton, Mira,Bao-Dur

You spend the game, looking around several planets for Revan and the Exile, building up clues on each planet, you are attacked by the Sith on all the planets,

On second last planet you find where Revan and the Exile are, BUT the part is then attacked by a Sith Lord (true one) that they are no match for, Brianna/ or Desciple attack the Sith Lord and die (forfilling prophesy at end of K2) so that the others can escape,

The Last Planet you meet Reven and the Exile, and have to fight the true Sith Lords

Two outcomes, either you fail and eveyone dies

or You win but the party is all killed as the planet is destroyed, due to Sith Lords dying, but you have saved the Galaxy

End of Game, Roll Credits( This way it concludes the series, in a dramatic and final way)

An RPG without a PC. I'm not ver experienced with RPG or vidoegames in general, but has this ever been done? There's no central character. At each planet, a character has a mission. At the end of their respective missions, they all rendezvous at a Sith world to meet the Exile and Revan. They are ambushed and characters die in a climaic sacrifice. At the end, when you do meet Revan and the Exile, all characters from the games die to save the galaxy. Kind of depressing but, very nice idea. If a developer wants to try something new, this could be done.

Personally, I wouldn't want all of them to die. Someone has to live, for the sake of a "happy" ending. I really like your resolution too. This way, if there's a title called KoTOR 4, none of the current characters can be included. ;)

But as I asked before, has there ever been an RPG without a central character. I would miss being my own Jedi. That's the only thing I'm unsure off with your idea. I like to pretend the PC is me. :) I know it sounds weird. But I want to feel that I, and my character, have accomplished something. I love your setup and your ending, but it's the no central character thing that I'm not feeling. But it's just me. :geek:

Very ambtious of you though. Are you a writer?

How's this:

When you start a new game, you create three characters: new PC, Exile, and Revan. You select gender, dark side/light side, character class, portrait, etc.

Spend the first part of the game as new PC, searching for Exile. When you finally meet her, she joins you if you are of the same alignment. Otherwise, you must fight her, defeat her, and convert her to your cause, and then she joins anyway.

New PC and Exile split up to look for Revan. The party splits up between them. You now play as the Exile, until you find Revan. The moment you find her, you switch to playing Revan instead: the Exile must now join you willingly (being of the same alignment) or you must fight her, defeat her, and force her to do so.

You play as Revan searching for the Final Threat (whatever it may be), while presumably the Exile and the New PC are off on the same mission, on different paths (cutscenes showing their progress would be nice). When you finally get to the ending, all three come together for a final confrontation that requires the ridiculous amount of power that the three of them have by this point.

Well?

i have a variet on the above post.

Bioware should make a game based on Revan and info relating to Revan.

Obsidian should make a game based on Exile and info relating to Exile.

They should work out the details for the gameplay and Storyline.

Kotor 3 should be a two part game. Like I said before, One about Revan and His journey and another for Exile and his story.

this set up is very similar to what happen to Half life and Opposing forces/blue Shift.

There should be another game for the new guy.

My idea is s/he is a former jedi master turn his back on the jedi order and he is very interested in the Sith arts.

How's this:

When you start a new game, you create three characters: new PC, Exile, and Revan. You select gender, dark side/light side, character class, portrait, etc.

Spend the first part of the game as new PC, searching for Exile. When you finally meet her, she joins you if you are of the same alignment. Otherwise, you must fight her, defeat her, and convert her to your cause, and then she joins anyway.

New PC and Exile split up to look for Revan. The party splits up between them. You now play as the Exile, until you find Revan. The moment you find her, you switch to playing Revan instead: the Exile must now join you willingly (being of the same alignment) or you must fight her, defeat her, and force her to do so.

You play as Revan searching for the Final Threat (whatever it may be), while presumably the Exile and the New PC are off on the same mission, on different paths (cutscenes showing their progress would be nice). When you finally get to the ending, all three come together for a final confrontation that requires the ridiculous amount of power that the three of them have by this point.

Well?

Yeah sure. I thought about this too. Would be one hell of a game. A big game. 100+ hours to complete. :thumbsup:

I gotta admit though, that if I'm Revan, and Bastila is in trouble, screw the galaxy, I'm saving Bastila. :) It'll be up to the Exile and the PC to save the galaxy. :D

there should only be one ending, in order to end the story. And the pc should be a normal jedi/sith, not a ridiculously strong person like revan or worst, the exile. The pc should have to fight strong ennemys, and every jedi/sith encounter should be a challenge, and not just weak fool who you destroy in 2 hits. And yes I believe that everyone should team up in the end and die