Content Patch

Guest Dowie100

If it does happen then Kotor 3, should be the last one

With a new engine, then maybe they could do a SE of 1 and 2, by porting them to the new engine, and adding some extra stuff

The have a triolgy boxset of the above, :D I would buy it

Hi.  I' a lurker come in from the cold and just wanted to add my bit.  Just my thoughts but would it really matter to KoTOR 3 in any way no matter what they did to the ending of this one?  If they follow the same path as they did with KoTOR 2 it'll be a new PC with a new storyline with a few cameos from NPC's from the previous 2 games.  It's not like the story for the next game is written in stone already.  All they need is a scene like Atton's first scene where you answer questions about gender and alignment.

Yes. Because although KOTOR II is a different story many elements change depending on how you answer the setup questions. This is to keep the continuity between the different outcomes. Even to the point of having a totally different admiral if it's a continuity where Carth died. Those scenes only had to deal with four outcomes. Multiply that many more times if you had variable destinies for each character, plus the Exile.

While the story may not be complete, it may be "written" in the sense that EP I-III was always intended (if you believe George).

But if it's a new PC you still only have 4 outcomes - ML/MD/FL/FD. And as far as the NPCs' destinies, if they kill off any in any of the endings for this game they just dont appear in the next one. Like they did in this game. And we're only talking cameo's here. A couple of cut scenes (well, maybe a few more than that depending on who lives or dies :devil: ) shouldn't be too hard to incorporate into the game.

Guest Dowie100

I agree with the above post, it shouldn't be that hard to incorperate these scenes into the game, since a lot of the material is already complete

But if it's a new PC you still only have 4 outcomes - ML/MD/FL/FD.  And as far as the NPCs' destinies,  if they kill off any in any of the endings for this game they just dont appear in the next one.  Like they did in this game.  And we're only talking cameo's here.  A couple of cut scenes (well, maybe a few more than that depending on who lives or dies :devil: ) shouldn't be too hard to incorporate into the game.

I'm not refering to the outcomes of the new PC but rather how you need to set up Revan/Exile/Whoever else.

In KOTOR II lots of scenes chanced depending on how you answered Attons questions. A holocron on Korriban, What version of holo T-3 played etc etc.

Now multiply those by the number of possibilities you need to cover and you start to realise the absolute magnitude of the task.

I think it's 16 different outcomes, just for Revan/Exile LS/DS without adding in the fates of the NPC's.

Scenes are probably the most difficult thing of all, most costly too, so I think it's probably less than simple.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I see your point. Probably the simplest thing for the next story is simply have a new NPC, no cameo's and no appearance by Revan or Exile. If they are never refered to by gender, only by name, then that cuts it down to only 4 possible outcomes.

Guest Dowie100

maybe it would be simpler, to just make a

Kotor Special Edition

Make a new engine and put 1 and 2 on it, add new planets, all the cut stuff, and leave it at that

I see your point.  Probably the simplest thing for the next story is simply have a new NPC,  no cameo's and no appearance by Revan or Exile.  If they are never refered to by gender, only by name, then that cuts it down to only 4 possible outcomes.

Maybe they can do 50 years in the future? Most of the NPC's would be dead by then. I think. A Rebuilding Jedi Order. Master Brianna has died and Jedi have gathered on Telos to say their final goodbyes. :devil:

Dosnt matter , it will still mean far more variables for KOTOR III.

From a design point uncertainty is the worse thing of all when writing a series.

A simple fix for that would be let the next KotOR game read the previous game's saved game. Pick up those variables right away and plug away from there. No last game conversation like in KotOR 2.

Actually, I don't think they even need to go that far into the future. From what I could make out of the ending, both Revan and Exile are now outside Republic space battling the "True Sith" so it's probably highly unlikely that they'll just happen to run across any of their old buddies :devil:.

A simple fix for that would be let the next KotOR game read the previous game's saved game.  Pick up those variables right away and plug away from there.  No last game conversation like in KotOR 2.

All that would do is remove the Q&A session. You would still have to deal with all the variables introduced by the previous games and program accordingly.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Maybe, if they did make a special edition it wouldn't be happening for a bit with all the things Obsidian are doing right now (NWN 2). I'm guessing if such a thing did get made and deleted things there were in KotOR 1 were put in as well that would be Bioware's job to do yes? I don't think Bioware would bother with going back to a nearly 2 year old game. As for Obsidian I think KoTOR 2 is old news with them right now, making patches is about as big a stretch as they're going to do. If PC users get a content patch, you could knock me over with a breeze (w00t)

Maybe they can do 50 years in the future? Most of the NPC's would be dead by then. I think. A Rebuilding Jedi Order. Master Brianna has died and Jedi have gathered on Telos to say their final goodbyes. :)

Awwww :(

478327[/snapback]

Actually, I don't think they even need to go that far into the future.  From what I could make out of the ending, both Revan and Exile are now outside Republic space battling the "True Sith" so it's probably highly unlikely that they'll just happen to run across any of their old buddies :(.

Ah-ha. But what about the crazy fanboy/fangirls who will bombard the internet with "We want Revan/We want Exile" posts? Way I originally thought was that KoTOR 3 was leading up to the war with the "True Sith". I suppose that forgetting about them could work. I feel IMHO, that KoTOR 2 should've used less Revan. It made me overly curious about his/her whereabouts. Now I WANT A RESOLUTION! Forgive the caps please. :)

Guest Dowie100
Maybe they can do 50 years in the future? Most of the NPC's would be dead by then. I think. A Rebuilding Jedi Order. Master Brianna has died and Jedi have gathered on Telos to say their final goodbyes. :)

That would be really sad :(

But I guess it could work

They should let KotOR 2 be the last game.  Lucas Arts screwed it up and they will probably screw up the third game even moreso.

From what I gather KotOR was never meant to be a saga anyway so LA probably should have left it at that, maybe they needed a quick cash injection so they churned out KotOR 2 quick knowing we'd all buy it simply because it was a sequel to a very impresive game, which I quite like despite the slow downs i have experienced, but that may be down to my dusty old x-box who knows. <_<

Guest Dowie100

Personally for Kotor 3, I would like Obsidian to make it, BUT

They need to be given at least 2-3 Years to make it, and a bigger budget

If that happens I am positive, that K3 will be the best in the series, and everyone will be pleased with the result