Content Patch

If there is a content patch i think it should only be th HK factory and the planet, maybe hooded robes and different lightsaber hilts.

But they cant add the endings back as it will mess up the game and maybe ruin chances of a KOTOR3.

At the end when talking to Traya she tells you that your party are the lost jedi, they simply needed a leader and a teacher. She tells you that they will train jedi, and Disciple will reform the council on corusant.

But if the endings are added they will all die, so what will happen to the Jedi? These are the lost jedi that will create other jedi but without them who will train the jedi?

Guest Dowie100

for the last time , THEY. DON'T. ALL. DIE.

It depends on Influence, M or F and DS/LS and even then only one or two die

Guest Dowie100

This is definately the last thing we want to encourage

the end was so rushed and missing everyone, we need a content patch, dont discourage it

Also there is no way in Hell they will add the droid planet, if anything is added at all it will be

Scenes from the end: Conclusion of goto, remote, hk scene

party attacks kreia

Exile says goodbye to Handmaiden or Disciple (such a sad scene )

Guest Dowie100

The content Patch should just add this:

party attacks kreia

Thats all I want them to add, I mean most of its almost complete as it is, all the sound files are there and all, they just need to do some scripting

The problem with a content patch are as follows.

1. Piss of MS and Xbox customers. Which is the only reason KOTOR was made in the first place.

2. Most people who bought the game will never get it since the online thing runs to about 15% even in heavily online games like NwN.

3. Any changes mean that you have two different versions out there. Which in turn means by the time of KOTOR III you have more variables than you do already. Which means that your writing lots of different possibles which may or may not be part of someones game.

4. As long as you keep LA sweet this will all blow over as long as NwNII is memorable for all the right reasons. In this industry your only as good as your last game except among the cult followers.

A content patch that fills in some spaces without changing anything too significant might just happen. But I wouldnt put money on it.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Guest Dowie100

Yeah I know, but if you read the things I want them to add, they fit your idea as they arnt major changes, they just make the end make a bit more sense

The content Patch should just add this:

party attacks kreia

Thats all I want them to add, I mean most of its almost complete as it is, all the sound files are there and all, they just need to do some scripting

Says goodbye? I hope this is optional if they add it, my Exile is certainly not going anywhere. Revan can take care of these "True Sith" on her own, my Exile is staying behind and rebuilding the Jedi Order, helping the Republic stabilize. She thinks it would be silly to just rush off into the unknown when she's the only one left with any experience in training Jedi, and would be none to happy if the game forced it upon her. :thumbsup:

That was one good thing about the vague ending, it didn't railroad your character towards a destiny with them having no saying in it. K suggested you might follow Revan, but never said that you WILL rush off into the unknown too, leaving only a fallen jedi, a reformed, lightside-converted sith and a handful of neophyte padawans with minimal training to get things back in order. :huh:

That would be lame if they would just change the endings and not add the planet the hk factory. What kinde of content patch is that that only 2mins of the game would be different ive played the game 6 times through and if nothing in the game changes (no new stuff) i aint gona play from the start to see the different ends

The problem with a content patch are as follows.

1. Piss of MS and Xbox customers. Which is the only reason KOTOR was made in the first place.

2. Most people who bought the game will never get it since the online thing runs to about 15% even in heavily online games like NwN.

3. Any changes mean that you have two different versions out there. Which in turn means by the time of KOTOR III you have more variables than you do already. Which means that your writing lots of different possibles which may or may not be part of someones game.

4. As long as you keep LA sweet this will all blow over as long as NwNII is memorable for all the right reasons. In this industry your only as good as your last game except among the cult followers.

A content patch that fills in some spaces without changing anything too significant might just happen. But I wouldnt put money on it.

Xbox users knew the risks. And its their problem. Whats worse? EVERYONE who bought it, be angry. Or just the XBox users. Its kinda selfish for the Xbox users to not want the content patch just because they can't get it and the PC users can. At least some of us can be happy...

Xbox users knew the risks. And its their problem. Whats worse? EVERYONE who bought it, be angry. Or just the XBox users. Its kinda selfish for the Xbox users to not want the content patch just because they can't get it and the PC users can. At least some of us can be happy...

Oh yes riling the big M is so much more sensible than a handful of PC fans..

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Oh yes riling the big M is so much more sensible than a handful of PC fans..

A handful? Thats the amount of Xbox users that play KOTOR. PC has ALOT more users then the XBox.

This is a silly and pointless argument.  Good grief.

Truly.

I agree with SP. At this point I would not change the ending, merely have it more complete so it makes sense as a whole. A small, optional download that provides a little closure with your friends (nothing sappy, please), and a logical explanation how we got from point Y to point Z, as it relates to this game only. Don't cramp the next installment.

Hi. I' a lurker come in from the cold and just wanted to add my bit. Just my thoughts but would it really matter to KoTOR 3 in any way no matter what they did to the ending of this one? If they follow the same path as they did with KoTOR 2 it'll be a new PC with a new storyline with a few cameos from NPC's from the previous 2 games. It's not like the story for the next game is written in stone already. All they need is a scene like Atton's first scene where you answer questions about gender and alignment.

Hi.  I' a lurker come in from the cold and just wanted to add my bit.  Just my thoughts but would it really matter to KoTOR 3 in any way no matter what they did to the ending of this one?  If they follow the same path as they did with KoTOR 2 it'll be a new PC with a new storyline with a few cameos from NPC's from the previous 2 games.  It's not like the story for the next game is written in stone already.  All they need is a scene like Atton's first scene where you answer questions about gender and alignment.

Yes. Because although KOTOR II is a different story many elements change depending on how you answer the setup questions. This is to keep the continuity between the different outcomes. Even to the point of having a totally different admiral if it's a continuity where Carth died. Those scenes only had to deal with four outcomes. Multiply that many more times if you had variable destinies for each character, plus the Exile.

While the story may not be complete, it may be "written" in the sense that EP I-III was always intended (if you believe George).

478327[/snapback]

Guest Dowie100

you do know that Kotor3 may not even happen?

Reading rumour control on gamespot, it seems the team working on it was fired

you do know that Kotor3 may not even happen?

Reading rumour control on gamespot, it seems the team working on it was fired

If it dosnt, then it dosnt. No big deal.

I heard something about that but I dont think LA could have realistically made the game. They dont have the experience. Only Bioware, Obsidian or possibly Midway (not sure what role they played in SH but it's a great game).

Bioware might do it if JE goes south.

478327[/snapback]