Favourite Critter

Am I the only one who likes Cannoks immensely? The funny concept - big hungry mouth on legs that eats everything - was superbly modelled and animated (like when they hold an arm over their eyes to block your strike). I also liked that they were not complete pushovers.

My vote for least favourite critter goes to the Greater Storm Beast on Malachor V. After the great build-up with cutscene and whatnot I expected a tough enemy, and the fact that for once you actually got enough time to buff up after the cutscene made me expect a real tough enemy indeed. Of course, the reality was disappointing and the blown-up gizka goes down in one or two attack rounds. Close second is the 'tank' droid in the military base on Telos, for similar reasons. While it looked impressive and its defense was almost adequate, it had too few hitpoints and its damage output was almost nil. I think even Cannoks or the blaster turrets in the encampment did more damage ...

That greater storm beast was so easy that on my last game, I laughed him off, didn't save, and nearly had my derriere handed to me. It was very humbling.

And when that thing is running at me, no matter how I know I can take it in a fight - I always freak out at least a little.

I love the Cannocks.

I miss the Gizka though. They coo when you pet them.

Am I the only one who likes Cannoks immensely? The funny concept - big hungry mouth on legs that eats everything - was superbly modelled and animated (like when they hold an arm over their eyes to block your strike). I also liked that they were not complete pushovers.

It was kind of "cute" the way they covered their eyes when ducking or whatever it was they did, also when using the fear inducing force powers on them.

They also managed to put up a decent fight, as I underestimated them the first time. They managed to gang up on me together with the mercs at the landspeeder on the surface of Telos leading to an ignominous death as Cannok fodder :ph34r:

And yes, the mother of all stormbeasts and the tank droids barked worse than their bite. Not that I really minded the tank droid being a push-over much, just wanting to leave that place after spending half a day trying to figure out how to open the sub-level door :thumbsup:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I miss the Gizka though.  They coo when you pet them.

LOL, I think T3 is even cuter and more loyal to boot. In the original KotOR my Revan stumbled over a Gizka while soloing against the Trandoshians on Yavin (the late game ambush scene) and that misstep nearly cost her life. So I guess I am a bit biased.

BTW, the attack animation of the Kinrath is funny in a strange way. But that is probably because it reminds me of the Starforge droids, whose melee attack is so cute that I was rolling on the floor laughing when I saw it the first time.

BTW, the attack animation of the Kinrath is funny in a strange way. But that is probably because it reminds me of the Starforge droids, whose melee attack is so cute that I was rolling on the floor laughing when I saw it the first time.

What, the Death Poke?

Yep, where they take turns stepping forward, tickling you, and then stepping back. :D

That greater storm beast was so easy that on my last game, I laughed him off, didn't save, and nearly had my derriere handed to me.  It was very humbling.

And when that thing is running at me, no matter how I know I can take it in a fight - I always freak out at least a little. 

I love the Cannocks. 

I miss the Gizka though.  They coo when you pet them.

My first game, after seeing the 'greater' beast from a distance, I thought he was just more of the same, so I sauntered on up ... and YIKES. Talk about humbling. I was prepared, on subsequent play-throughs.

To me, Gizka were a nod to the 'Tribbles' of Star Trek. Still enough to bring a laugh and compassion for Revan's tendency for unique difficulties. Step aboard Ebon Hawk after a tense situation, and OMG... they're ... still ... here.

I like the Sith guys in Korriban temple - mostly cause I always go there last, so they have a mildly decent amount of HP's for my NPC's to have easy fun practicing their lightsaber moves on, while I stand back and get to watch. :)

The fact they pop out of stealth on top of my guys as I Speed past 'em adds to the fun.

But I suppose they aren't really critters...

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

*Gives a funny look at everyone present* :devil:

Gizka? Cannoks? Kath Hounds? *Blinks rapidly*

... these are nice creatures, but hardly a match for the ultimate one...

BANTHA! These cute, furry animals that Mission always mentions when she says "Bantha poo-doo". BANTHA!

Nothing is better than the BANTHA!

And as for humanoid beings, I vote for the... (drums)...

JAWA!!!

Most annoying would definately have to be Leigreks. At first they were scary...but after going through half the sub-level and fighting the same thing over and over and over again.....just got annoying and felt pointless x__x.

I liked the...droids on peragus :p they were great as the only living critters there hehe.

I liked the...droids on peragus  :luck:  they were great as the only living critters there hehe.

They were actually quite well made, especially their "posturing" when they were to appear threatening :lol:

The miniature cut-scene where two of the mini lobster droids take up position to cut off T3's route back to the hangar console...

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Isn't it a little sad that we went from Terentateks and Rancors to Storm Beasts and Zakkeg? The tank droid was a great one, but I do miss some of the really tough fights from KOTOR where a simple Mandalorian gladiator was the bane of my non-jedi arse and beating him as a lvl 3 scout made me insanely happy. There were several moments of joy for me in KOTORII, but no great combats that I remember. The Darths were all easy, especially the one who eats entire planets for breakfast. Fighting the three lightsabers just reminded me of Phantasy Star Two, without the fear, but with a much better soundtrack! I wish Atris would have been harder. Spoilers, if you hadn't guessed. Don't read the first part of this post...

For KOTOR III, how about a full-grown Drexl or a Krayt Dragon?! Or maybe something like the lava monster or the ice spiders from the books that were supposed to represent episodes 7,8,9?

Maybe the average computer will be fast enough by the time of release that the engine will support battles of more than two dozen foes and I can finally exorcise the demons of my past and SLAUGHTER AN ENTIRE TRIBE OF THOSE EVIL, WORLD-CRUSHING EWOKS!!!

They single handedly ruined the greatest movie trilogy of all time. I blame them for the production problems of KOTORII. If Lucasfilm, ltd. hadn't made such an enormous profit from the exploitation of Ewok populatrity, they might not have tried to find the next 'Ewok' for their movies and there would have been no Jar-Jar Binks. If they hadn't become so focused on profits, maybe they would have eased off Obsidian and given them enough time to make the game that we all wanted instead of the one that would be in everybody's stocking for Xmas.

Not that I won't pre-order KOTORIII (I'm like someone stuck in an abusive relationship), but please let us have the full experience.

Back to topic so the mods don't prune me...

Favorite creature in KOTOR/KOTORII has got to be... Rancors. They were like my prom dates. They weren't cute and they didn't go down easy. After growing up with RotJedi, the Rancor was a modern day Goliath to Luke's David. Sveeeeet...

I always thought that Rancor's should be bigger in these games... although the mutated Rancor in jedi academy (and the one on the Planet when you are rescuing prisoners) do fill that need.

For me, the greatest creature ever has got to be the Dewbacks :D