LucasArts did cut KOTOR II's story

RUMOR #3: A sizable chunk of Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords' story was cut.

Source: An angry editorial on Star Wars fan site TheForce.net.

The official story: See below.

What we heard: When the Xbox version of Sith Lords was released last year, it received a largely positive reception. But soon after the PC edition hit store shelves in February, the game became the subject of a backlash. Gamers poking around the PC version's code found "numerous audio clips containing lines of cut dialogue," which appear on the forums of Sith Lords developer Obsidian Entertainment. On those same forums are written examples of more deleted dialogue. Normally, such clues would point to a cover-up--but the developers freely admit that some of the original game spec never made it to the gold master. After several days, Obsidian CEO and president Feargus Urquhart and LucasArts producer Mike Gallo sent a joint statement to GameSpot that said, "The truth of the matter is that, much like a movie, a certain amount of the game ends up on the cutting room floor... When it comes to KOTOR II, there was material cut at various times in the game's making, including at the end of the game's development cycle." However, the pair sidestepped accusations that the game was rushed to make the tail end of the crowded 2004 holiday season. "Often the original ideas or design just don't make sense when put in the context of the final game as it is being put together," they said.

Bogus or not bogus?: Unfortunately not bogus.

Link

Execpt KOTOR 3 round 2007/2008

I can believe that some of it was cut 'as a movie would be,' particuarly reaction type dialogues, but the ending is just so damn choppy/nonsensical (ie the remote/Goto bit) it's hard to believe that at least the ending was not cut for time reasons, or something.

"sidestepped accusations" indeed.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I can believe that some of it was cut 'as a movie would be,' particuarly reaction type dialogues, but the ending is just so damn choppy/nonsensical (ie the remote/Goto bit) it's hard to believe that at least the ending was not cut for time reasons, or something.

"sidestepped accusations" indeed.

I must admit the ending confused the hell out of me, I thought there was something I'd missed...although I didn't question it very much at the time, usually because I miss things out anyway.

Reading some of the comments on forums on the internet has led me to question Lucasarts integrity a little this isn't the first time they've let their fans down as any adventure gamer can testify, e.g. Sam and Max 2 and Full Throttle 2 being canned, not to mention the atrocious sequel 'Escape from Monkey Island'! :thumbsup:

Don't we a thread about this already?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Really I didn't know that...

I was thinking that also for the Xbox version there was a lot of complaining about the ending...

Now as I can translate, I come to understand that the Xbox version was pretty appreciate... All complaining so is started when people had lurked into the CD code?

I feel now that the complaining was pretty unreasonable...

Also, I find the ending pretty complete, for an ending that say you that there will be a sequel...

And for the story of G0-T0 and Remote... Beh, Malachor V collapsed, so we should understand that the little ball have kicked the ass of the big ball... (Also Bao-Dur had worked on G0-T0, and when the droid was shut off he can have placed something to prevent betrayal or sabotage from the droid...)

Don't we a thread about this already?

Haven't we been over this like twenty times already?

Exactly.

This is a perfect example of how redundant threads become annoying. Yet people will then say "oh you're just a fanboy. that's why you don't want to read it".

No, it's not that I don't want to read it. It's that I don't want to read it for the 100th time. :)

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

But, you sure don't mind the oft repeated 'Obsidian r0xx0rs!" threads either. That's why one can be considered a fanboy!

R00fles!

Actually those are annoying as well, especially if they are like this one, where someone repeats the exact same link or article over and over again. :)"

Like I clearly stated, I'm not against positive or negative threads per se. I'm against REPETITIVE threads which contain links or articles that have already been posted before, or arguments opinions that have been posted before ad nauseum.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

You don't *have* to read such threads, you know. Don't like them? Ignore them.

Thanks for the advice, oh grumpy, disgruntled one. :devil:

btw, you don't *have* to post on a message board for a game you dislike, you know. Don't like the game? Uninstall it.