The HK-47 Poll

What do you think of HK-47 after playing the game?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of HK-47 after playing the game?

• Statement: HK-47 is back to kick more ass.
    • Lamentation: I couldn't find all the parts to put him back together
    • Definition: He's funny as hell.
    • Query: Do you enjoy making polls?
    • Irritated Declaration: The meatbag that shot him to pieces will pay!
    • Unnecessary Commentary: This droid really turns me on....
    • Perverted Suggestion: Install "good" add-ons for female NPC's
    • Alarming Observation: These polls are progressively disturbing
    • Random Recitation: "That's the way to tell the meatbags, master!"
    • Declaration: Sexiest droid alive

I found him mildly amusing in K1, although the "meatbag" thing eventually did get on my nerves...

For good or for bad, he wasn't much different in K2, mildly amusing, but once you got the K1 person comments out of him, he sort of collected dust... Even Goto had a more interesting story to tell.

This might of course have something to do with the missing droid planet and HK factory, that HK and Goto might have been intended for more screen time than they got.

I wonder what became of B4 and T1 btw... did they ever catch a ride to Nar Shaddaa ?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Hk you're my hero ^_^

Although I never understood why you couldnt program him to use melee weapons o__o;.

That was one of my major beefs with K1, only if I were able to make HK-47 use melee weapon, he would totally own especially when you fully repair him. He would be like candyman on speed.

I don't understand why Revan didn't take him to the Outer Rim, I think his abilities would prove quite useful.

It's not like Revan had personal attachment with him (despite his very amusing, endearing psyche), and lets face it... he DOES kick major ass

• 2 weeks later...

I was very glad to see HK back, because he was one of my favorite characters from K1. In that game, he had a lot of fill-in-the-blanks backstory, delivered from a unique viewpoint. I particularly enjoyed how the term 'meatbag' came to stay in his vocabulator. He was needed for his translation abilities.

He wasn't as funny this time, although his exposition role was basically the same and much harder to get to as a LS PC. His contribution to the party effort, unfortunately, landed on the cutting-room floor, and the story suffered as a result.

I'd expect/hope to see him in K3. If HK was only memory-wiped instead of dismantled, Revan had a reason.

His contribution to the party effort, unfortunately, landed on the cutting-room floor, and the story suffered as a result.

Do you mean as a useful character?

I found him very useful. Very good attack bonus and that critical hit bonus damage thingy feat (is it the Assassination protocol feat?). Anyway, he was was very good as ranged support.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

he was hilarious, though i wish they would have done something so he would be more responsive to light side playing characters, as i hate playing dark side, i only got some of his dialogue

The whole influence thing right? Yeh, I missed out on a lot of info in my game and I ended up finishing wondering "ok, so what just happened and how is this related to K1". Well, probably not that extreme, but there were a lot of plot holes which I never filled due to low influence, and more annoying, low influence with all the members who had info of the past (HK, Mandalore, Kreia, T3...).

I think it might be deliberate to force players to replaying with all the different combos. Replaying in K1 was mainly about exploring dialog and outcomes, where as in this, it's now almost a necessity to play the other combos to get the full picture. (or just an unseen side-effect of having influence)

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

i really hope they remove the whole influence thing from the next game, it really did annoy me having to bring bao dur everywhere when he sucked just to get him to be a jedi

bao died nearly every fight i had, he had crap hand 2 hand, crap long range, he was just crap

by the time i got mira i just stopped caring and didn't bother talking to her

i preferred the whole handmaiden approach where you didn't have to have her tag along everywhere with you just help you later on after becoming a jedi