Is it possible to transfer some KOTOR heads to TSL

Just wondering, I know there are some people who've released mods for PC heads, but is it possible to transfer over KOTOR PC heads to TSL? I've found the selection of PC heads in TSL limited and also unattractive. Don't even get me started on the asian heads! Any ideas?

Just wondering, I know there are some people who've released mods for PC heads, but is it possible to transfer over KOTOR PC heads to TSL?  I've found the selection of PC heads in TSL limited and also unattractive.  Don't even get me started on the asian heads!  Any ideas?

Legally, this can't be done due to copyright issues... Whicn itself is kind of a weak excuse for reasons too numerous to go into here.

Unofficially, however, I have heard about a few mods being done that does just this. I don't remember the exact places (or links), so you'll have to Google around the usual KOTOR sites and forums and see what you come up with.

This is one of the funny things about the game. There are some people who vastly prefer the heads that we created for the game and there are others that really don't like them. I find it kind of strange. :p

I actually implemented (put them in the game, not made them), so I'm I know how you can change them back. Most of them can change back if you can get the PMH* and PFH*.mdl and .tga files from the first game and put them in the Override folder for your game. That won't put all the KotOR1 heads back, but it will put most of them back.

Oh, and there is only one less player head in KotOR2 compared to KotOR1. It happens to be an Asian Male Head though.

Feargus Urquhart

CEO

Obsidian Entertainment, Inc.

This is one of the funny things about the game.  There are some people who vastly prefer the heads that we created for the game and there are others that really don't like them.  I find it kind of strange. :)

Yeah, no offense Mr. Urquhart but the male PC heads in K2 were uglier than a rat's ass. The female heads on the other hand, were gorgeous. :p

----

I actually implemented (put them in the game, not made them), so I'm I know how you can change them back.  Most of them can change back if you can get the PMH* and PFH*.mdl and .tga files from the first game and put them in the Override folder for your game.  That won't put all the KotOR1 heads back, but it will put most of them back.

That's brilliant! Thanks ever so much Mr. Urquhart - now I can go back to using my 'Keanu Reeves' head instead of that grotesque circus freak. :)

manthing2.jpg

I like my Jesus Type Head.

*Visceris begins to sing*

Dark Side Jesus sing this song, doo dah doo dah!

Dark Side Jesus ravaging the galaxy, all the doo dah day!

Its Dark Side Jesus, YAY!

Its Dark Side Jesus, YAY!

Dark Side Jesus sing this song, oh the doo dah day!

Cool! We got a developer to put in some input! I'm sorry to say that I'm one of those who didn't like the new male heads in TSL, especially the asian ones. They all kinda lacked that modern asian man look, gel, parting, and all. The ones in TSL kinda look like Bruce Lee wannabes...and those typical asian gang people you see in the 1970s... :)

Either case, thanks for ideas on how to change the heads!

Feargus:

What is the model that is used in The Sith Lords Trailer (White Male Head; Blonde?).

Everyone really wanted that one and unfortunately, it is not in there at all (that we can find).

It would be great if you could direct modders how to -- if possible -- Implement that specific head if it is hidden somewhere in the game files.

I actually implemented (put them in the game, not made them), so I'm I know how you can change them back. Most of them can change back if you can get the PMH* and PFH*.mdl and .tga files from the first game and put them in the Override folder for your game. That won't put all the KotOR1 heads back, but it will put most of them back.

WOW! Is that an official endorsment of porting resources from one game to another. I am surprised to see that.

Ok,But I'm completely confused. The model format for K2 is slightly different than k1 format. So how are the old models supposed to be used unless they are converted to the new format? Just dropping the K1 models into a k2 override will crash the game! At least it crashed my game. I'm not at all surprised by that but sinse it was a Dev the said to do I had to try it ;)

Unless you Mr.Feargus Urquhart know something I don't which I'm sure you do lol.

Can you please explain why you think K1 models will work in K2. I have heard of a few people that say they have gotten a couple Modder made blasters into the game but all the models I have made for k1 crashed k2. Not that it matters to much now (sinse K2 modding is at the same level k1 modding is at ;) although we are still limited in what models we can mod.

IMHO KotOR II male faces are much better. :p In KotOR 1 I played with an Asian face, somethin' like Keanu Reeves, but the skin color was a little bit darker ( :wub: ). In the second game I used a face with white skin color and blond hair (medium-long). I compared it with one face in KotOR 1 and I noticed that this face was already in KotOR 1, but the hair was different. :) But I would be really pleased if there would be a face looking like the one of exile's on the posters, wallpapers etc. [like on KotOR 2 official site on the title screen: http://www.lucasarts.com/games/swkotor_sithlords/ ]. That's cool. ;)

I think there is a version of the KOTOR II male exile's head in the game. It's the bald white face that has a scar near one of the eyes. The bad thing though is the artist's renditions of this face in the game is nothing close to the posters and official paintings. Too bad I would say b/c if they had made a head closer to the official male exile face, then I wouldn't be wondering about transferring KOTOR I heads over.

Overall I have to say that most of the heads in KOTOR II, even the NPC's heads aren't really that well done. I was hoping for the Atris head to look smoother and more natural, closer to the official pic of her on the website. Oh well, guess you can't ask too much of computer pixels. ;)