Bastilla's voice in KOTOR 2

So one of the games I'm currently playing has the PC as a female Jedi. One thing I've noticed about TSL vs. KOTOR is that your PC doesn't have a voice. Every time you tab over to your character, he/she doesn't respond with "What?" or "Yes?", while your NPCs will say something like "What is it?".

So I decided to see what would happen if I attempted to assign a voice for my female PC using the KSE program. I noticed that one of the options was Bastilla's voice. I wasn't sure what I'd get, but as I've been playing with this voice, it sounds like the actress for Bastilla recorded new dialogue. Obsidian apparently didn't use the original sound files for Bastilla from KOTOR, but have new dialogue assoiciated with the character.

Any ideas why Obsidian would do this considering Bastilla barely appears throughout the game? I noticed that there wasn't a Carth sound set, so does this suggest that Bastilla might have been a playable NPC too?

Yeah true, my PC doesn't have a sound set.

Bastilla appears in TSL if you say that Revan was male during your first conversation with Atton on Peragus. (depending on whether Revan was light side or dark side, you'll see Bastilla in various places).

If you've found even more sound files, then maybe there were even more scenes with Bastilla. Who knows...

You sure it's not the same sounds as in KotOR1? When they made KotOR2, they sort of built it over the old KotOR files. They might've left some old stuff in there (they did leave some other old stuff in there, though I can't remember what it was).

The actress is Jennifer Hale, BTW.

Yeah I'm pretty sure it's new dialogue. This Bastilla sound set has her sounding sorta frustrated when you tab over to her, like as though the character is more fatigued than KOTOR's version. I'm definitely curious as to the purpose of creating a NPC sound set for Bastilla, esp. since they never made one for Carth. Was it possible to use her for some sort of quest, maybe something on Telos or Korriban depending on your alignment?

Eh, I wouldn't jump to conclusions just because you found some acknowledgement sounds. It's probably from KotOR1, maybe unused or simply something you can't remember. I think she had a different set of sounds if you went dark side and had Bastila with you on the Star Forge. That might be it.

I wondered why in TSL your PC didn't say anything when you switched to them. I relaised it was because when you switched from character to character the NPCs were talking to the PC. I guess the exile doesn't take orders from the NPCs and Revan did. ^^;

I Found something while using KSE. I added all feats to my character and found he also got a feat got Battle Meditation. (yep, a feat not a force power)

The feat is ristrictid to Bastila (???) It can turn the tide's in major battles or something or so it says. In the end it just downs't do anyhing.

I Found something while using KSE. I added all feats to my character and found he also got a feat got Battle Meditation. (yep, a feat not a force power)

The feat is ristrictid to Bastila (???) It can turn the tide's in major battles or something or so it says. In the end it just downs't do anyhing.

It's for the first game.

It's for the first game.

Then why did I got this ability in the second game?

Then why did I got this ability in the second game?

In the first it was just a plot device. It had no actual game use. In the second they made it an active Jedi power.

Question for anyone.

You know when you arrive at the enclave and meet the salvagers. Thats Jennifer Hale there isnt it ?

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

You mean Taepalae?  Don't think she sounds anything the same.

Thats her. If she is the one coming out of the enclave ruins as you go in.

I don't really care enough to check though.

In my manual she is only listed under additional voices.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

FYI, Bastila's voice actress Jennifer Hale can be heard in Baldur's Gate 2 and TOB as Mazzy Fentan, and Planescape:Torment as Fall from Grace and Deionarra. She has been in a long list of other games of lesser quality and in a lot of animated shows.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Ground Control as well. Major Sarah Parker.

Really, does she happen to be married to Admiral Matthew Brodrick?

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Just to comment of acouple things I've read here.

I too would have liked it if your character has a voice. I kinda liked it when he'd respond "What?", "Sure.", etc etc I notice too alot of the NPCs don't always respond.

And speaking of the salvagers, does anyone think that bearded one you save in the eclave sublevel is a Red Green wanna be?? He kinda looks like him, and he kinda sounds like him too. He he.

redgreen2.jpg

"Take these Jedi artifacts, oh, and keep yer stick on the ice"

2DW2