PROJECT NEW JERSEY forum

Camael

I wonder if they even know what kind of game its gonna be?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I just hope they let their imaginations rip and come up with something that'll change the CRPG world away from this same old rut we're stuck in.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

It's very unusual for a developer to open a forum for a game that hasn't been officially announced yet, no matter how strong the rumours are and no matter how much everyone knows it's in production. I'd say we will have to wait until the official announcement before the forum for New Jersey opens.

Is there some kind of unofficial rule book for how game companies must act around their new titles? It seems like every game company board I'm on, every company acts the same. First complete silence, even around their most faithful fans. Then the official announcement, always on another forum than their own boards. Then follows a period of hype (and perhaps a few new threads on their own boards) and useless pseudo-information, before the game is released.

Break the mold, Obsidian! Open up the third project forum now!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

It's very unusual for a developer to open a forum for a game that hasn't been officially announced yet, no matter how strong the rumours are and no matter how much everyone knows it's in production. I'd say we will have to wait until the official announcement before the forum for New Jersey opens.

Well, last time Obsidian had a game in pre-pdoduction, the forums forums were opened for speculation way before the game was announced. I don't see anything bad in opening a sort of speculation forum for the upcoming project. At least it would give as forumers something else to do than spam and whine about the status of modern CRPG's. But hey, it's your call Obsidian. I'll wait the best and brace for the worst.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I think it has a lot to do with the situation a dev is in before financing and contracts with publishers is secured for a project. Its kind for a "dont shout yay, before you're over the river" thing. Publishers seem to have a lot of strange ideas on how to run things also(like how Atari forced the moval of the NWN2 forums to BioWare)

But you're right Mkreku, its strange that every company does it almost the same way. The strangest part I think is that they release info to gaming sites, mags etc. before they announce it on their own damn forums.

I think the whole point of their code name system is so they can talk about projects before they are announced, and if it is in pre-production then it is already a done deal. There are plenty of vague aspects of the game that could be discussed without violating their agreement with the publisher (wishful thinking).

In any case, it was Obsidian