PnP through IRC

Lucas

Has anyone here tried to play DnD through online means like IRC? I used to play D&D but then because of RL reason my group split. While I understand nothing can beat the experience of playing it "live" among other people, I was wondering if you know some website that organize Mirc D&D sessions. Thank you in advance!

"The Price of Freedom is Eternal Vigilance" - Wing Commander IV

Has anyone here tried to play DnD through online means like IRC? I used to play D&D but then because of RL reason my group split. While I understand nothing can beat the experience of playing it "live" among other people, I was wondering if you know some website that organize Mirc D&D sessions. Thank you in advance!

While I have not played DnD specifically on IRC, I've played a lot of RPG's on IRC. Mostly freeform. I do know that people do it however. Why don't you get your old group together and play on IRC? Or roger wilco, or both.

And I'm sorry, but I don't know of any website who organize DnD Sessions.

A quick google search yielded this:

http://richards.sdf1.org/ircrpg/dnd.html

If you find a good IRC RPG network, I'm sure you could find a DnD channel.

irc.nwn2news.net be happy to host your room if you'd like :lol:

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

While I have not played DnD specifically on IRC, I've played a lot of RPG's on IRC. Mostly freeform. I do know that people do it however. Why don't you get your old group together and play on IRC? Or roger wilco, or both.

And I'm sorry, but I don't know of any website who organize DnD Sessions.

A quick google search yielded this:

http://richards.sdf1.org/ircrpg/dnd.html

If you find a good IRC RPG network, I'm sure you could find a DnD channel.

Well, unfortunately they all moved on because of RL reasons; I talked about DnD because it's the only RPG I tried, but I think I would like to play with other systems or D20 franchises (SW one of them).

Meanwhile, thanks for your help! :blink:

"The Price of Freedom is Eternal Vigilance" - Wing Commander IV

Online 'PnP' gaming can be a lot of fun; in some ways, one could argue, it is better than RL gaming because it allows for a detachment from sorrounding factors, inhibitions and factual baggage. Me, I've had very little experience with RL gaming, mostly due to the lack of interested players within my geographic limits, so I played a lot online, mostly on IRC. IRC is good for this sort of thing, but it does have its drawbacks. Some of them (like the limited flow of information which causes a sigle battle to last an entire session) can't be helped, but some of them can. For example, back when I started playing on IRC, we didn't have a dice roller, so I just made one myself (you can find it here). Of course, other things (like mapping and such) are not as easy to replace for online gaming, but you make do. Overall, I've come to preffer online gaming to RL, and found that once you get into it, even the drawbacks become smaller and pass by unnoticed...

• 2 months later...