PS Torment and endings...

alx1078

True....but really, the whole thing felt a bit 'off' playing as evil. Especially with companions.

I have to admit I did get a kick out of torturing them. :)"

Really, what would a Chaotic Evil character do at the Fortress of Regrets? Give himself over to the Blood War willingly? Destroy himself utterly to avoid the 'agony' of living forever? Neither seems particularly logical from a self-absorbed bastard point of view.

My uneducated guess:

Most probably to attain more power and end the endless cycle. If the Nameless One managed to go to the Fortress of Regrets, discover about his past, his curse, and solve it all and managed to return to Sigil with his mortality, I'm betting he'd do it. Wheter good or evil, he wouldn't last as long as there'd be Shadows and the Transcendant One after him. Living forever wouldn't be a bad thing, except it wasn't immortality as we know it... The problems with amnesia were certainly a big enough blight for him to try and end it. This would mean he could go there to solve the situation, wheter by killing TTO or merging with him.

I've read through the pages and the post but no one have mentioned several things which sort of explains why TNO returns to fight in the Blood War.

Spoiler Below!

If you have high Wisdom and Intelligence you can speak with Dak'kon and know something about both your past and his. Speak to one of your incarnations (practical, I believe) and say that you've brought Dak'kon with you to the Fortress. He'll say some pretty nasty things, among them that he wrote that Unbroken Circle of Zerthimon which Dak'kon founds his belief on. It gives the impression that the whole war between the two races (Illithid and Githzerai later Githzerai vs. Githyanki) could've been avoided but that both parties were goaded to lunge at each others throats by the TNO.

With high Wisdom, Charisma (+ Intelligence, not quite certain. It's been a while since last I played the game through ) and go to the Brothel in Upper Ward and play a game with the girl in the blue dress (can't remember her name. You know? Merriman's construct?) you'll remember that you have previously served in the Blood War as a General. How else would you explain the scars you seem to have? Not to mention: What were you doing there in the first place?

Also, I believe that Ravel says this to you: "Whenever you die, another dies so you may live again." All those shadows are people recently and previously killed by you or your incarnations, directly or indirectly. Many of the dialogue options with Ravel also lets you know a bit how you were in your previous life.

Remember also that Vhailor, the Mercykiller was sent to hunt TNO to make him pay for his crimes. What happened? He got imprisoned by the very same man he was sent to hunt down. (Be careful when exploring dialogue options with him, btw.)

If you speak to Morte after meeting the Pillar of Skulls, he'll tell you that one of your incarnations messed him up pretty bad after he ripped him from the Pillar, not knowing that the combined knowledge of the Pillar would be lost if removed from it.

The Transcended One is your soul trapped in a Fortress of Regret and he wants nothing more than to be free now that he's been ripped from you and given life. He hates you with a vengeance but this blinds him. If he kills you in the Fortress, he'd be forever trapped inside. His only way to leave the place is by some form of connection you two seem to have still that lets him visit places outside his Fortress for short periods of time, if I remember correctly.

I think there are like five "endings" with the Transcended One.

1. Kill him like any other foe you've encountered.

2. Threat to kill yourself and make him merge with you.

3. Plunge the Blade of Immortal into your chest, ending yourself and forever trapping him in the Fortress.

4. Ask him to speak your true name. After little conversation back and forth you can make him understand that you can Unmake Him as well as yourself and with that kill him as well. He'll be terrified of this and merge with you.

5. Unmake yourself (requires high Wisdom).

Bugs? Klingon Software does not have 'Bugs'. It has FEATURES and they are too sophisticated for a Romulan pig like you to understand!

HK-47: "Recitation: First, weapon selection is critical. If I see one more idiot attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself."

HK-47: "Answer: Select grenades, sonic screamers, cluster rockets and plasma charges. Mines are also effective, since many Jedi will run to meet you in hand to hand combat. Silly Jedi."

Really? That, I did not know. Whenever I found out what the Bronze Orb was I milked it for experience. Didn't save it for the last fight.

Bugs? Klingon Software does not have 'Bugs'. It has FEATURES and they are too sophisticated for a Romulan pig like you to understand!

HK-47: "Recitation: First, weapon selection is critical. If I see one more idiot attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself."

HK-47: "Answer: Select grenades, sonic screamers, cluster rockets and plasma charges. Mines are also effective, since many Jedi will run to meet you in hand to hand combat. Silly Jedi."

both parties were goaded to lunge at each others throats

It never seemed that way to me, it was more like TNO taking advantage of the situation and manipulating a creature to serve him.

Are you talking about the bronze sphere - nature of a man thing ? I thought its only purpose was to find the big name (you know like in the movies where the detectives say "I need a name"), get your memories (the exp.) and a weapon.